The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Fine Art Newcastle 2013 Entry

Hey all, I'm just about to send off my UCAS and I'm looking to study Fine art at Newcastle, havn't seen any other posts for this years course. Anyone in the same boat? I'm so worried about the interview + portfolio etc! :eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied for fine art at newcastle! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Shweet, where else have you applied? Have Newcastle emailed you yet about work? Whats your work like?
Reply 3
They have, telling me how to send my portfolio etc upto them...
My work is a level standard, lots of animals and nude figures :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Oh and I've applied to Falmouth Bournemouth and Loughborough aswell :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Have any of you heard about interviews yet? i am getting nervous! hahaha.
Reply 6
I'm applying too! Just wondering if you're going for hard or digital portfolio, I haven't sent mine yet!
Also, how many people are applying from a foundation A & D course, rather than A Levels? I'm on a foundation :smile:

I don't think you should worry about not hearing about interviews yet, I rang up and they said they'd be interviewing right up to the end of April :smile:
Reply 7
When did you guys receive an email about sending a portfolio? :smile: I havnt heard anything back from them yet! Ahh so stressful !
Reply 8
Original post by Grace222
When did you guys receive an email about sending a portfolio? :smile: I havnt heard anything back from them yet! Ahh so stressful !

Only last week! they said they hadn't emailed everyone yet, my tutor rang them for clarification and they asked for my name and then emailed me the next day. The deadline is the 15th of March.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
I hope they email me soon! Do they tell you when to send your work upto them or do we just send it? Do any of you know how competitive newcastle is to get into for fine art?
Reply 10
Original post by RainJayne
I'm applying too! Just wondering if you're going for hard or digital portfolio, I haven't sent mine yet!
Also, how many people are applying from a foundation A & D course, rather than A Levels? I'm on a foundation :smile:

I don't think you should worry about not hearing about interviews yet, I rang up and they said they'd be interviewing right up to the end of April :smile:

Yeah, I sent my stuff off 1 month ago, hope I hear soon. Where else you apply? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Maryjjane
Yeah, I sent my stuff off 1 month ago, hope I hear soon. Where else you apply? :smile:

oh gosh, did you send a hard copy or digital? I'm sending mine tomorrow :smile:

I've applied to Goldsmiths, Brighton, Manchester Met and De Montfort (Newcastle is my first choice though!)
How about you? :smile:
Reply 12

I've applied to Goldsmiths, Brighton, Manchester Met and De Montfort (Newcastle is my first choice though!)

I applied to Lancaster, Reading, Leeds (offers from them) and Newcastle and Edinburgh. Still waiting! Newcastle will probably be mine too! Its such a gorgeous city and the facilities are great! haha.

I sent mine on a memory stick...I just hope I hear soon. I am like constantly checking my emails hahaha! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by gonzoman
Hey all, I'm just about to send off my UCAS and I'm looking to study Fine art at Newcastle, havn't seen any other posts for this years course. Anyone in the same boat? I'm so worried about the interview + portfolio etc! :eek:

Hey, I've applied to! I'm in the process of setting up the digital portfolio for them. (from reading other questions below) I'm currently doing foundation and I've applied to Northumbria and I'm pretty much going to go to N'bria, I don't know anything about Newcastle, they seem to keep themselves to themselves... But I know people who go to Newcastle, and it seems fine. My artwork is photography,media and performance, not into drawing or painting.
Reply 14
I applied to Lancaster, Reading, Leeds (offers from them) and Newcastle and Edinburgh. Still waiting! Newcastle will probably be mine too! Its such a gorgeous city and the facilities are great! haha.

I sent mine on a memory stick...I just hope I hear soon. I am like constantly checking my emails hahaha! :smile:

Ahh nice! I've got offers from Manchester and De Montfort, waiting on Brighton still and I've got a Goldsmiths interview soon (scary). Yeah it is amazing, I completely fell in love with the course, uni and city!

I sent my portfolio this morning on a CD, I kept checking it over and over again until my mum took it off me and insisted on driving me to the post office so I couldn't keep agonising over it. Do you know of anyone who's had interviews yet? My email said they'd be interviewing February - April.
Reply 15

I'm sending mine as a digital copy, Newcastles my firs choice too and I also applied for Man met! Did you get an offer from them? They gave me a silly low offer so I think I'll have man met as my backup. I havnt heard of anyone getting interviews yet. I'm gonna send my memory stick at some point fairly soon. :smile:

Original post by Chappers-x
Hey, I've applied to! I'm in the process of setting up the digital portfolio for them. (from reading other questions below) I'm currently doing foundation and I've applied to Northumbria and I'm pretty much going to go to N'bria, I don't know anything about Newcastle, they seem to keep themselves to themselves... But I know people who go to Newcastle, and it seems fine. My artwork is photography,media and performance, not into drawing or painting.

Have you got a place at Northumbria? I got my offer the other day. Where do you study foundation??
Reply 16
I'm sending mine as a digital copy, Newcastles my firs choice too and I also applied for Man met! Did you get an offer from them? They gave me a silly low offer so I think I'll have man met as my backup. I havnt heard of anyone getting interviews yet. I'm gonna send my memory stick at some point fairly soon. :smile:

Yeah, unconditional for Man Met! I'm not sure what my second choice is, it's Newcastle then "the rest" haha.

Mine has gone now, I'm really scared that I've not done what they want. Did they give anyone a date that they'd get back to them by? Some kind of timescale to keep in mind?
Reply 17
Yeah, unconditional for Man Met! I'm not sure what my second choice is, it's Newcastle then "the rest" haha.

Mine has gone now, I'm really scared that I've not done what they want. Did they give anyone a date that they'd get back to them by? Some kind of timescale to keep in mind?

I sent mine on January 18th and still haven't heard!!! I am getting nervous! I WANNA GO THERE! hahaha! :smile:
Reply 18
I sent mine on January 18th and still haven't heard!!! I am getting nervous! I WANNA GO THERE! hahaha! :smile:

Ahh, that can't be fun, I'm sure you'll be fine! I know the feeling, I can't see myself anywhere else. :P
Let me know if you get any news about an interview (or anyone else reading this!) :eek:
Reply 19
Have you got a place at Northumbria? I got my offer the other day. Where do you study foundation??

Hey, yeah I've got a place conditional on a Pass at foundation which is pretty good I thought. I'm at Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College in Darlington :smile: what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending