The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My boy Marquise Goodwin showcasing his speed today, nice :yes:
Original post by ProgFeanor
My boy Marquise Goodwin showcasing his speed today, nice :yes:

Him and Austin were sick today. He has a track background doesn't he?
No way McCaleb has just run an official 4.21...

WHAT THE HELL?!?
Reply 5363
Original post by Malevolent
No way McCaleb has just run an official 4.21...

WHAT THE HELL?!?

Position and is it on now?

When are the QBs appearring?
Original post by 419
Position and is it on now?

When are the QBs appearring?

Hes a Running back but id say hes way to small probably a KR/PR or Slot receiver.

Just following it on NFL site and forums.

QB have already appeared i think. Wouldn't say they were very good, seemed nervous.
Reply 5365
Hes a Running back but id say hes way to small probably a KR/PR or Slot receiver.

Just following it on NFL site and forums.

QB have already appeared i think. Wouldn't say they were very good, seemed nervous.

okay, well if you wanna watch it, google firstrow sports and direct yourself from there
Original post by 419
okay, well if you wanna watch it, google firstrow sports and direct yourself from there

Cheers man! Just goes to show the games getting faster and faster.

Him and Austin were sick today. He has a track background doesn't he?

Yeah, he is triple-jump-Olympian afaik, and a track star at UT. I like him as a return man, he is explosive... but I've seen many, many of his games over the last couple of years, and he's not very physical and has average hands. Still like him, though, but Austin is the much better overall prospect from what I can tell.
Original post by ProgFeanor
Yeah, he is triple-jump-Olympian afaik, and a track star at UT. I like him as a return man, he is explosive... but I've seen many, many of his games over the last couple of years, and he's not very physical and has average hands. Still like him, though, but Austin is the much better overall prospect from what I can tell.

I'm hoping Austin lasts till the Patriots pick but his combine performance was pretty darn good. Still some other extremely intriguing WR prospects and Justin Hunter looked very smooth. Looks like he could be the deep threat the Patriots want.
I'm hoping Austin lasts till the Patriots pick but his combine performance was pretty darn good. Still some other extremely intriguing WR prospects and Justin Hunter looked very smooth. Looks like he could be the deep threat the Patriots want.

A deep thread is probably what my Texans need, too, but they probably won't draft WR in the first, so I'm looking at Wheaton or Patton in the 2nd maybe, or King a little later.
Reply 5370

I'm thinking he probably will, perhaps due to people trading back up into the second half of the first. He seems to me like he's a luxury pick and if any team could afford a luxury pick it's New England. Besides, he's a perfect replacement for Welker.
Original post by jh.
I'm thinking he probably will, perhaps due to people trading back up into the second half of the first. He seems to me like he's a luxury pick and if any team could afford a luxury pick it's New England. Besides, he's a perfect replacement for Welker.

Thats what im thinking having a early second is like having an mid first this year. Lots of talent but no real Luck/ Calvin Johnson/ RG3 type player.
Reply 5372
Thats what im thinking having a early second is like having an mid first this year. Lots of talent but no real Luck/ Calvin Johnson/ RG3 type player.

Exactly, the draft has loads of depth but no real stand out players so in essence, having pick 10 is essentially the same as pick 20, depending on the needs of your team of course. But the amount of depth on Offensive and Defensive lines is pretty outstanding. I am quite annoyed though as a Jets fan when the team has basically no talent and there's no blockbuster pick to make in the top 10 :P
Original post by jh.
Exactly, the draft has loads of depth but no real stand out players so in essence, having pick 10 is essentially the same as pick 20, depending on the needs of your team of course. But the amount of depth on Offensive and Defensive lines is pretty outstanding. I am quite annoyed though as a Jets fan when the team has basically no talent and there's no blockbuster pick to make in the top 10 :P

Playoff teams must be loving it, having a high 20th pick is no different from top 10. There will be stars this draft but its hard to identify who they could be. Lots of WR depth, DT depth, OL depth, Safety depth.
Reply 5374
Playoff teams must be loving it, having a high 20th pick is no different from top 10. There will be stars this draft but its hard to identify who they could be. Lots of WR depth, DT depth, OL depth, Safety depth.

Yeah, a load of raw talent everywhere, just guys like Patterson who have crazy good athleticism but not very much experience or just unproven. I'm looking forward to this draft way more than last years just because it's gonna be such a lottery.
Original post by jh.
Yeah, a load of raw talent everywhere, just guys like Patterson who have crazy good athleticism but not very much experience or just unproven. I'm looking forward to this draft way more than last years just because it's gonna be such a lottery.

Yeah I like the look of Hopkins as well. Can't wait to see some of the Corner times in the 40.
What's everyone's thoughts on Tyrann Mathieu? I think he will be an absolute steal for whoever gets him.. Not really sure why people make such an issue of his off the field issues when it is all to do with marijuana..
Also, Brady has taken yet another pay cut. Clears the way for a possible extension for Welker? Apparently clears "way over" 30 million over 2 years in cap room. I see pats making big moves in FA and drafting from now till Brady retires..
Excuse me guys while i :dice: in my pants . Tom Brady is the man though it helps having a wife whos pretty stinking rich.
Reply 5379
Excuse me guys while i :dice: in my pants . Tom Brady is the man though it helps having a wife whos pretty stinking rich.

What a man :adore:

Considering he'll make a fortune from advertising too anyway, I don't think some more millions on his contract is as much as a draw as another superbowl ring :love:

The way sportsmen should be. :suith:

Latest