The Student Room Group

Public Law - Separation of powers

Hi,

I have been given the assignment title of:-

With reference to the concept of separation of powers, to what extent do the institutions of the EU conform to this concept?

Please could anyone give advice on how to answer.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi does anyone have any advice on the above ?
Reply 2
Original post by jdawson26
Hi does anyone have any advice on the above ?

http://www.eipa.eu/files/repository/product/20070815142533_FC0501e.pdf
http://www.craigseal.co.uk/docs/separationofpowers.pdf

google EU separation of powers

there's a few journal articles on the first place.

obviously you would need to analyse which EU institution do adhere to the separation of powers, and which ones don't. or which one's have a mix, or is unclear as to whether there is a separation of powers.
Reply 3
Thank you
Reply 4
Thank you

btw that took me 10 seconds.
Reply 5
fancy doing my assignment then :smile:
Reply 6
fancy doing my assignment then :smile:

I'll pass.

:tongue:
Reply 7
I hope so :smile:
Reply 8
Hello I need help with my public law mock essay. I can't figure out what the question is really asking for and I don't know how to structure it.. Please can you help me? Anyone?

[Constitutional] conventions represent important rules of political behaviour which are necessary for the smooth running of the constitution.’

(Allen and Thompson, Cases and Materials on Constitutional and Administrative Law, 9th edition, 2008)

What do you understand by the term ‘constitutional conventions’? Critically explore, giving examples, whether you consider constitutional conventions to be ‘necessary for the smooth running of the constitution’.

thank you
You'll need to talk about parliament judiciary and executive( to a lesser extent) the relationship between them and how there is a separation of power unlike the American constitution which has written amendments regardless. Also the views of
Black stone, dworkin

Quick Reply

Latest