The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Any one got interviews at middlesex for adult nursing?

Hello every one. Hope your all well. Was just wondering has anyone attented middlesex interview or has been invited to one? I am getting very nervous about it i am not worried about the maths and english its just the interview as i could be quite shy.:confused::frown::banghead::banghead:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I've got an interview on Wednesday. So nervous but hopefully prepared enough for it. When is yours? Pearl x
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Hey, i hope it goes well for you i haven't received feed back from them yet. Please can you give me feed back after the interview what types of questions they asked and how you found the maths and English exams. Thanks for getting back to me. :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you, I'm really dreading it now. I will try to remember everything they ask me and report back haha. Did you already do the maths and English test?
Reply 4
Hi, I've got my English and maths test at Middlesex uni next week for adult nursing, I'm quiet confident with my maths but really scared about my English! Can u tell me what was the question about? so I can prepar myself?
plz
thk you
Reply 5
Hey all, same i haven't done my english and maths yet but when i went to an open day i spoke to one of the girls who was doin nursing she said with the english they give u a passage to write about it could for/against a topic. Describe/pursuade and so on. Ooh yh and how well u can paragraph ur work, spelling and how u use punctuation. Hope that helped. Thats wat im wrkin on now. Good luck to all.
Reply 6
Thks mama-maher

That really help me cuz I'm originally a French speaker so i am really really scared of the test , so I'm trying to prepare myself.

Bless
Reply 7
Please share your English experience at Middlesex uni! What was the question and what was the text about ..??? Help I am desperate
sheanyce
Reply 8
Original post by Sheanyce
Please share your English experience at Middlesex uni! What was the question and what was the text about ..??? Help I am desperate
sheanyce

Hi everyone. I had my maths and English test first. It was fine cause I revised gcse level maths and English. Fractions percentages and things but you're allowed a calculator so make sure you know how to use it. For the English it was a similar structure but with a short essay question which I left til last. I had a choice of topics and chose to write about 'is obesity a choice or an addiction' or something. After that you find out in a week if you passed and can register for an interview. Ill post again about the interview.
Reply 9
Oh and the test is on paper so don't assume like I did that it will be on a computer. It was so embarrassing asking my neighbours for a pen :/
the interview started at one. There was 17 or so of us and we were asked to complete a survey for the psychology department that doesn't affect our application. After that we were called in one by one. There are a few different sets of two people interviewing but it was still quite slow. I got called in last (typically :tongue: ) and questioned mostly by a ward manager on an ICU ward while a lecturer took notes. There were only eight or so questions. Typical things like why do you want to be a nurse? What are advantages and disadvantages of team work. After that you get sent out while they have a chat and you pretty much find out if you've got an offer. Good luck everyone x
Reply 10
Thks T prearlX
Reply 11
Sheanyce how did your interview go. Did you get a reply??
Reply 12
Original post by PearlTx
Oh and the test is on paper so don't assume like I did that it will be on a computer. It was so embarrassing asking my neighbours for a pen :/
the interview started at one. There was 17 or so of us and we were asked to complete a survey for the psychology department that doesn't affect our application. After that we were called in one by one. There are a few different sets of two people interviewing but it was still quite slow. I got called in last (typically :tongue: ) and questioned mostly by a ward manager on an ICU ward while a lecturer took notes. There were only eight or so questions. Typical things like why do you want to be a nurse? What are advantages and disadvantages of team work. After that you get sent out while they have a chat and you pretty much find out if you've got an offer. Good luck everyone x

hey i have my interview for adult nursing next friday (march8th). absolutely dreading it!! how did you do in yours? and how long did the interview last?!
look forward to the feedback! thank you :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by molly1302
hey i have my interview for adult nursing next friday (march8th). absolutely dreading it!! how did you do in yours? and how long did the interview last?!
look forward to the feedback! thank you :smile:

Good luck :smile: I got a conditional offer. I think as long as you've got an idea of what's going on in nursing you should be ok. It didnt last long at all maybe fifteen minutes. But waiting around took ages so and I was last to be called in so I was there for four hours :/ hahaa let me know how you do :smile:
Reply 14
Hey every one my interview is on the 14th march. My sis went for her midwifery interview at middlesex on friday will get mre info from her about the day will post up her advice. Good luck ya'll. and keep me posted as i havent dne mine yet need all the advice i can get. Peace.
Reply 15
Original post by mama-maher
Sheanyce how did your interview go. Did you get a reply??

Hi mama - maher!

thks very ugh 4your tips I 've got offered a place a Middlesex Uni ! Bless y'all for your advice.
Reply 16
Original post by mama-maher
Hey every one my interview is on the 14th march. My sis went for her midwifery interview at middlesex on friday will get mre info from her about the day will post up her advice. Good luck ya'll. and keep me posted as i havent dne mine yet need all the advice i can get. Peace. ������

Interview ququestions why do u wanna be a adult nurse no child or others?
how do u cop with stress?
what is the role of an adult nurse?
what could u find challenging when u start your course?
tell about when u had to care for someone! ( u need to show compassion).
what is the advantage and disadvantage of working in a team?
u better prepare a question for them as well regarding the course !

Good luck y'all
Reply 17
Original post by PearlTx
Good luck :smile: I got a conditional offer. I think as long as you've got an idea of what's going on in nursing you should be ok. It didnt last long at all maybe fifteen minutes. But waiting around took ages so and I was last to be called in so I was there for four hours :/ hahaa let me know how you do :smile:

Thanks alot! Going to have a practice each evening this week, i will let you know how it goes on Friday!
Reply 18
Original post by Sheanyce
Interview ququestions why do u wanna be a adult nurse no child or others?
how do u cop with stress?
what is the role of an adult nurse?
what could u find challenging when u start your course?
tell about when u had to care for someone! ( u need to show compassion).
what is the advantage and disadvantage of working in a team?
u better prepare a question for them as well regarding the course !

Good luck y'all

Hey how did it go? X
Reply 19
Original post by PearlTx
Hey how did it go? X

Very well thk you ! I've got an offer! :-) are u already a student or u are starting September ?x let me know@ pearltx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending