The Student Room Group

Advice for GCSE French Reading exam?

By pure luck, I am doing Higher Tier for French Reading in May and Foundation for Listening. Apart from the basic learn vocabulary, is there anything else I can do to do well in these? I'm on track for a B in my Writing and a D in Speaking, so I need to do well in Reading since I can only get a C in Listening and my Global Grade is a B. :smile:
Original post by ChrisMorris1234
By pure luck, I am doing Higher Tier for French Reading in May and Foundation for Listening. Apart from the basic learn vocabulary, is there anything else I can do to do well in these? I'm on track for a B in my Writing and a D in Speaking, so I need to do well in Reading since I can only get a C in Listening and my Global Grade is a B. :smile:

For extra practice, the BBC has good resources for GCSE French revision which you might find useful - reading and listening, both foundation and higher: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/french/

Reading is not only about vocab but also about tenses and grammar, so make sure you revise those before your exams in May.

Bon courage! :smile:
Reply 2
What's a Global grade thingy??
Original post by tyzer0
What's a Global grade thingy??
]

i think it's what the OP is on now
Reply 4
Original post by ChrisMorris1234

Try practise reading French news articles; it has made me much less stressed when trying to read the pieces in the reading exam, and it really helps improve your grammar and vocabulary. :wink:
Reply 5
For the listening, listen to the French radio and get some flash cards from amazon to help learn vocabulary.
anyone did french 21? how was it?
Reply 7
Original post by thatguy007
anyone did french 21? how was it?

I just did my 2015 May French exam listening and reading. I went absolutely rubbish. I just hope I got a B in both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending