The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maryb_101
so we meet again.
Shall i introduce you..or do you want to do that yourself? :smile:

what? what did I do?
Original post by Zeegie
Oh no don't pull that line maaan!! Standard of applicants is always solidly high! They only invite like 20 something percent of people to interview too, so no element of racism bro....and getting into Med is the main point, I've realised that :smile: Don't let it get ya down.

EDIT>>>> just realised you were joking...loooool...you had me there ahah

Lol yeah I was only joking, maybe I should make that more obvious next time. Have you got any offers/interviews yet? I remember when I applied last year and goy 3 rejections in a row, thought my world was about to end lol. Finally got an offer from Sheff though :tongue:
Original post by de_monies
Tbf, "real" British humour is the kind of humour you see on mock the week, and have I got news for you? That's pure wit there! Not sure if you'd get it though, because Pakistani humour seems more like American style humour ie: I'd find this pretty funny:

[video="youtube;mnp44OQXPv8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnp44OQXPv8[/video]

I'll check it out some other time. My mood's too good at the moment to be ruined by British humor. :smile:
Original post by Legal drugdealer
what? what did I do?

Oh come on..at the start of this thread, the things you said...
Reply 9104
Original post by areebmazhar
Lol yeah I was only joking, maybe I should make that more obvious next time. Have you got any offers/interviews yet? I remember when I applied last year and goy 3 rejections in a row, thought my world was about to end lol. Finally got an offer from Sheff though :tongue:

Lol I think it's because you put an angry face after it so I thought you were being serious, if it was a :biggrin: or something lolling then I would have clicked ahahah...I'll get it next time :smile:

I had three interviews.....no offers as of yet....still waiittinngggggg....

Awww mannn I have so much admiration for all you medics, this application system is living nightmare!!! How do you find Sheffield? :smile: I think someone from my school recently got an offer there for Med :smile:

My account was hacked before im not sure if thats were the things came from or not but im sorry if it offended anyone but i swear it wasnt me
My account was hacked before im not sure if thats were the things came from or not but im sorry if it offended anyone but i swear it wasnt me

Hmm i see. *shifty eyes* lool

See my reply here. That's what I feel about the whole situation:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2273978&p=41647875#post41647875

Ooh, I want to know what he did now! :tongue:
Original post by AlligatorSky
I'll check it out some other time. My mood's too good at the moment to be ruined by British humor. :smile:

Lol ruined! That being said, I don't quite *get* Pakistani humour either. Just seems kinda like slapstick humour imo

Lol Allow it. What uni you at then?
Lol Allow it. What uni you at then?

Never heard of "allow it" until this thread y'know :tongue: I'm at Stafford(shire) yourself?
See my reply here. That's what I feel about the whole situation:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2273978&p=41647875#post41647875

This isnt about independence this is about percussion prominent muslim leaders in bangladesh are being sentenced to death without a fair trial just because they were against independence from pakistan it intresting how you refer to Pakistan as west pakistan
This isnt about independence this is about percussion prominent muslim leaders in bangladesh are being sentenced to death without a fair trial just because they were against independence from pakistan it intresting how you refer to Pakistan as west pakistan

Well Im talking in 1971 terms. Back then it was West Pakistan. Now it's just Pakistan. Back then Bangladesh was East Pakistan, so I was trying to mark the difference.

Tbf, even if they ARE responsible for the raping of civilians etc... they should still be guaranteed a fair trial
Well Im talking in 1971 terms. Back then it was West Pakistan. Now it's just Pakistan. Back then Bangladesh was East Pakistan, so I was trying to mark the difference.

Tbf, even if they ARE responsible for the raping of civilians etc... they should still be guaranteed a fair trial

The very fact that the trials are unfair and that the constitution has to be rewritten for them to sentence the people suggests they are innocent and the trials are just politically motivated
Lol ruined! That being said, I don't quite *get* Pakistani humour either. Just seems kinda like slapstick humour imo

A lot of Pakistani humor is very lame too. Some of the political humor is funny though, like Hum sab umeed say hain on Geo.
Reply 9115
A lot of Pakistani humor is very lame too. Some of the political humor is funny though, like Hum sab umeed say hain on Geo.

I frigging love that show! Used to watch it ages ago....they had the best imitations...and I remember one time they had some politicians inviting each other for dinner and serving them "kharboozaun kai samosais" ahahah

Erm, my punjabi is a bit rubbish, so unless there were any English subtitles, I'd have no clue about what they're saying. What sorta humour do you like then?
Original post by Zeegie
Lol I think it's because you put an angry face after it so I thought you were being serious, if it was a :biggrin: or something lolling then I would have clicked ahahah...I'll get it next time :smile:

I had three interviews.....no offers as of yet....still waiittinngggggg....

Awww mannn I have so much admiration for all you medics, this application system is living nightmare!!! How do you find Sheffield? :smile: I think someone from my school recently got an offer there for Med :smile:

With 3 interviews I'm sure an offer must be in the post!

It's all good I guess, a bit of an anti-climax once you get in. The best time so far has been the few months before med school when I was all excited about starting lol. Also it can become a bit stressful if you're OCD about being the top like me! :tongue:
Erm, my punjabi is a bit rubbish, so unless there were any English subtitles, I'd have no clue about what they're saying. What sorta humour do you like then?

I know that feel, my punjabi is abysmal :tongue:
Original post by areebmazhar
I know that feel, my punjabi is abysmal :tongue:

Doesn't help that I talk English most of the time :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending