The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maryb_101
Hahahahahaha
:tongue:

Original post by de_monies
Lol that's true. Personally like this one:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/227675_590919900934459_512795412_n.jpg

BTW, any one know what an FOB is? That meme page keeps mentioning it

nope i dont sorry :frown: fake person i think im not sure?
Original post by Zeegie

holiday! you lucky thing, where you off too?
Reply 9202
Original post by MedMed12
holiday! you lucky thing, where you off too?

Costa del Sollll....maybe Cordoba too.....
:tongue:

nope i dont sorry :frown: fake person i think im not sure?

Zeegie explained that it means "Fresh off boat" Makes sense I guess
Original post by Zeegie
Costa del Sollll....maybe Cordoba too.....
:O :O so nice! when and for how long?
apart from 3 days in germany for a conference thing i have no exciting hols this year :'(

Zeegie explained that it means "Fresh off boat" Makes sense I guess

pahaha oh yeahh :P
Original post by Zeegie
AQA is better than the others in my experience, though it sucks like hell for bio!!! Maths is the best though :smile:

Have fun in Kenya sweetie :smile: ahhh yes sorry I didnt recall :frown: I do pay attention!!! Yeah I will do a ton of rev before, and in the month after, coz mine will be in June so got some time :biggrin:

Well I am going with my mum dad sis and cousin, and dad will give those waiters a jhaanpar loooool....ahhh I can imagine they would be all dishy looool...mehhh...guess I'll have to be on my best behaviour ahahah....

I agreeee! All that application crap in Biology does my head in!!!! But I like AQA Chemistry, well unit 1 is straightforward but units 4 and 5 are meant to be terrible! And AQA Physics isn't very pleasant. But I prefer Physics over maths, any day :biggrin:

I'm staying with a Kenyan family, so that should be interesting. And it's good that you're revising hard, should pay off in the end :smile:

Zeegie, I'm telling those waiters are absolutely irresistible! I went with my brother, he just gave them a stern look but the waiters still didn't stop. They are unbelievable hot though :biggrin:
Reply 9206
apart from 3 days in germany for a conference thing i have no exciting hols this year :'(

Ok dad just gave me more details and I cannot frigging wait. Just saw the villa lol :biggrin: maaannnn Malagaaaa here I commmeeeee :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

During easter, for a week :smile:

Where about in Germany you going??
Original post by Zeegie
Ok dad just gave me more details and I cannot frigging wait. Just saw the villa lol :biggrin: maaannnn Malagaaaa here I commmeeeee :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

During easter, for a week :smile:

Where about in Germany you going??

:frown: jel. :tongue:

what about revision? id never be able to go in easter haha!
but i find alot of my friends do go away for 1 week in easter

berlin :smile:

Ooh what's the conference? I went to Berlin a while ago. All paid for by O2 :smile:

Kinda been unofficially invited by a friend to go to Paris in July. Dunno if I'll go. Glad that I got my top travel credit and debit cards. Just shocking how much I've used on one of my cards lol
Ooh what's the conference? I went to Berlin a while ago. All paid for by O2 :smile:

Kinda been unofficially invited by a friend to go to Paris in July. Dunno if I'll go. Glad that I got my top travel credit and debit cards. Just shocking how much I've used on one of my cards lol

ah its this ambassador scheme im doing where im doing projects in school to promote german and then we have a seminar in london and berlin, all expenses paid for.
ohh nice! go for it if you can, may as well have a break in summer from here :smile: i'd love to get away more haha!
ah its this ambassador scheme im doing where im doing projects in school to promote german and then we have a seminar in london and berlin, all expenses paid for.
ohh nice! go for it if you can, may as well have a break in summer from here :smile: i'd love to get away more haha!

Ah that's pretty good. We had all expenses paid for (minus food) by O2. You know the funny thing? I had more Turkish food in Germany than German food (mainly because it's the only way to get halal food), with the exception of some pastries.

When you're in Germany, you have to try Turkish tea and the Turkish version of lassi. Can't remember what they call it now

Where you staying? We stayed at Zentralflughaven (The old airport https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Tempelhof_Airport )

BTW, be careful about what cards you take abroad. If you have a bank card at any major banks, don't use it, unless you have to.

My (main) bank's charges are EVIL!

EDIT: And my apples have just ran out. Damn it :tongue:

EDIT 2: Be sure to get travel insurance, unless you can get it for free. I'm covered under 2 policies atm :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9211
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
I agreeee! All that application crap in Biology does my head in!!!! But I like AQA Chemistry, well unit 1 is straightforward but units 4 and 5 are meant to be terrible! And AQA Physics isn't very pleasant. But I prefer Physics over maths, any day :biggrin:

I'm staying with a Kenyan family, so that should be interesting. And it's good that you're revising hard, should pay off in the end :smile:

Zeegie, I'm telling those waiters are absolutely irresistible! I went with my brother, he just gave them a stern look but the waiters still didn't stop. They are unbelievable hot though :biggrin:

Aqa chem is nice :smile: hope my result is good lol....
I don't like ISAs tho...
Unit 4 isn't too bad, unit 5 I've just started...s'alright but a lot to learn..and very very synoptic.....so is unit 4 :/

Lol I detest physics....aheee
Awwww that will be awesome!!!! I can imagine they would be fairly good looking :smile: But I dunno......if they look pretty generic I would just be like meh whatever...Aahahah there is no effing way they will carry on if they see my dad and cousin loooool....mind you I would give a fairly hefty punch too...but I speak some Spanish so could just warn them to stop before they reach their funerals...
(edited 11 years ago)
Ah that's pretty good. We had all expenses paid for (minus food) by O2. You know the funny thing? I had more Turkish food in Germany than German food (mainly because it's the only way to get halal food), with the exception of some pastries.

When you're in Germany, you have to try Turkish tea and the Turkish version of lassi. Can't remember what they call it now

Where you staying? We stayed at Zentralflughaven (The old airport https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Tempelhof_Airport )

BTW, be careful about what cards you take abroad. If you have a bank card at any major banks, don't use it, unless you have to.

My (main) bank's charges are EVIL!

EDIT: And my apples have just ran out. Damn it :tongue:

EDIT 2: Be sure to get travel insurance, unless you can get it for free. I'm covered under 2 policies atm :tongue:

hey, sorry for the late rely. i typed a reply up and my computer decided it was a suitable time to freeze.

haha we had buffets where we stayed, so not very german either. Germans are heavy on the meat though, so abit of a problem for us Muslims.
ohh nice, my friend there is turkish and she says there are a good number in Berlin. Might go and see her family if I have enough time before my flight after the conference finishes as i've known her two years now and they sound so lovely! :smile:

http://www.vch.de/galerie/hotel-christophorus-haus.html we stayed here in July, so probably here again, but i'm not sure, i'll find out for sure in May :smile:

I doubt ill take my card, im there for three days and everything is paid for except personal shopping and food out of the meal/snacks they provide
haha i can imagine, im not very good with banks and stuff :frown: i havent taken an interest in it at all, my mum did that since i got my first saving account when i was 7, then i opened a current account at 15 and all i've ever done with it is check my boss pays me when i worked haha i need to start understanding how it all works soon :tongue:
ahh we have tonnes! too many if only i could pass it through the computer aha i dont like apples that much, but i still eat them:P my mum went crazy on rasberries, blueberries and strawberries and bananas so ive been making smoothies every morning :')
ohh, have you ever tried dragonfruit?

yeah i think the conference organisers pay for that :P
Reply 9213
:frown: jel. :tongue:

what about revision? id never be able to go in easter haha!
but i find alot of my friends do go away for 1 week in easter

berlin :smile:

Yeah screw revisionnnnnn looooooollll

Ahhhh Berlin :smile: Haaavee fuuuuunnn :biggrin: xx

i can only speak for the nikon d3000 and its really good quality. i dont actually use it tbh :/ ive had it over a year and maybe now and then because its too big/bulky to take everywhere so i tend to use a normal small camera and like keep the big one for like a cousins wedding or something. I'm intending to use it loads this summer - it'd be cool to have a part time job haha±

Oh. I'm not looking for professional photography or anything either. My other suffered unfortunate deaths and I needed to get a new one so I thought I should just get a good one. I think I'll cancel the order and stop being lazy so I can go and have a look at the cameras myself and choose then.

Are you applying anywhere for part-time jobs?
hey, sorry for the late rely. i typed a reply up and my computer decided it was a suitable time to freeze.

Lol np!

haha we had buffets where we stayed, so not very german either. Germans are heavy on the meat though, so abit of a problem for us Muslims.

Lucky! We had food on site at the airport (We stayed in tents, indoors) A take away was something like €4 or something. Walk 10 minutes out, and they were only like €2.50 or something

ohh nice, my friend there is turkish and she says there are a good number in Berlin. Might go and see her family if I have enough time before my flight after the conference finishes as i've known her two years now and they sound so lovely! :smile:

Ooh. That's the good thing about knowing Turkish people. I'd love to try some German food, just that very little of it is halal. Oh, and they don't sell porridge!

http://www.vch.de/galerie/hotel-christophorus-haus.html we stayed here in July, so probably here again, but i'm not sure, i'll find out for sure in May :smile:

Ooh looks nice. Here's some pics of where we stayed (The guy in the pic isn't me btw)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376857_10151068865694340_446847386_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/552064_10151068867499340_393977145_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/552013_10151056432469340_934176516_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/400488_10151056433799340_1916774068_n.jpg

Just for luls. This is a shop near by. Notice it's name :tongue:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/488392_10151068869789340_1684110741_n.jpg

If you wanna see some more, then I took quite a few pictures

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151056430334340.439725.664529339&type=3

If that doesn't work, I guess you could navigate through here:
https://www.facebook.com/waqasahmed939

The photos are public so....

I doubt ill take my card, im there for three days and everything is paid for except personal shopping and food out of the meal/snacks they provide

Oh fair enough. I took my card, but then again I must have spent like £100 on gifts. At the time, it wasn't the best card, but the best card of the major high street debit cards if that makes any sense

haha i can imagine, im not very good with banks and stuff :frown: i havent taken an interest in it at all, my mum did that since i got my first saving account when i was 7, then i opened a current account at 15 and all i've ever done with it is check my boss pays me when i worked haha i need to start understanding how it all works soon :tongue:

Lol. I have too many (6) but I want to open three more. None pay interest, BUT certain banks give certain benefits

ahh we have tonnes! too many if only i could pass it through the computer aha i dont like apples that much, but i still eat them:P my mum went crazy on rasberries, blueberries and strawberries and bananas so ive been making smoothies every morning :')

You *could* have sent me a picture, and I would have ate it :tongue: Nice :smile: I guess you're in an Asian area too, so you get the food van coming along?

ohh, have you ever tried dragonfruit?

Nope, but I've tried sharon fruit or permission if you've tried that?

yeah i think the conference organisers pay for that :P

Ooh fair enoughs. Are you allowed to wonder off yourself then?
Original post by AlligatorSky
Oh. I'm not looking for professional photography or anything either. My other suffered unfortunate deaths and I needed to get a new one so I thought I should just get a good one. I think I'll cancel the order and stop being lazy so I can go and have a look at the cameras myself and choose then.

Are you applying anywhere for part-time jobs?

if you're not looking for any thing professional, Argos tend to have some Panasonic Lumix's on clearance on their eBay shop pretty regularly. I find them to be pretty good.

Mine died (my fault) I got a Sony one (similar specs), but it's not as good imo
if you're not looking for any thing professional, Argos tend to have some Panasonic Lumix's on clearance on their eBay shop pretty regularly. I find them to be pretty good.

Mine died (my fault) I got a Sony one (similar specs), but it's not as good imo

I want it to be a DSLR because their pictures are gorgeous. :tongue:

One of mine got stolen, and the other got burnt down in a fire.
Original post by AlligatorSky
I want it to be a DSLR because their pictures are gorgeous. :tongue:

One of mine got stolen, and the other got burnt down in a fire.

Ooh ouch. Sorry to hear that (on both counts) What's your budget? I've a friend who's very in to his photography
Ooh ouch. Sorry to hear that (on both counts) What's your budget? I've a friend who's very in to his photography

Umm, around 350 pounds. The one I have ordered is for 300, but I'll cancel it tomorrow.

Latest