The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9600
some views on here are ****ing bull****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlligatorSky
No they're not. If you've been to Islamabad, almost every single house there has a guard. (ours doesn't though)
I wasn't comparing the safety to the safety here. I understand this place is safer. But Pakistan is not a bad place to live in. No you won't get murdered or kidnapped there.

I stayed there for a week last august, and have been there every time I go pakistan, unless you have been there after august 2012, not sure how you can tell me if ive been islamabad and what I saw. There were no guards at all, in any of the I sector, any of the G sector, and none arounf the jinnah super market area either. If your area has it, then you live in an area where the people are fearful for their life. Must be an area with politicians?
That's 2 years old.

Edit: 3 actually.

I doubt the situation has drastically changed since then. Anyway I'm not saying someone going there from here has a high chance of being kidnapped, but it does happen to a lot of people.
Reply 9603
I've lived outside of Pakistan most my life, how come no one has called me a foreigner?

I thought you lived in Pakistan...how do you know the safety and all that stuff so well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a Pakistani passport but I've lived in Pakistan for 4 out of the 18 years of my life. Maybe it's the way you guys act, because you think there's always someone around you trying to kidnap you.

So actually you have hardly ever lived in pakistan?! How can you be so confident in what you say when you have hardly lived there to witsness things :confused:
Reply 9605
I have a Pakistani passport but I've lived in Pakistan for 4 out of the 18 years of my life. Maybe it's the way you guys act, because you think there's always someone around you trying to kidnap you.

I've lived in Pakistan for like one whole month :tongue: Well, to be fair, I wouldn't put it past my relatives to do that for me. :erm: They all think we're rich and stuff and that we have a couple of million to throw here and there :lolwut:

Original post by Zeegie
some views on here are ****ing bull****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like mine? :ninja:
Reply 9606

Well I wouldnt think that unless it happened. And because it did, I therefore think it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Warlord
I stayed there for a week last august, and have been there every time I go pakistan, unless you have been there after august 2012, not sure how you can tell me if ive been islamabad and what I saw. There were no guards at all, in any of the I sector, any of the G sector, and none arounf the jinnah super market area either. If your area has it, then you live in an area where the people are fearful for their life. Must be an area with politicians?

G-6 has a LOT of security and stuff because of the diplomatic enclave. I don't know about the rest of the G, we don't really go there.
And Jinnah Super is in F7 and there is security there. I was there in early September 2012, but that's not the point. My point is not comparing the security of Pakistan to the security of England. What I'm trying to say is that when you guys say Pakistan's not a safe place to live in, you're wrong. Because we all live there and nothing has happened. And when you say that only people who are fearful of their lives have guards, you do get people like that, e.g Hasan4life. If he doesn't feel safe their, then he has every right to get a guard.
Original post by de_monies
Fanna? And you wouldn't People know you're from the UK. You can just... tell

This. When you go to any place, you can tell who's Pakistani and who's British!

Lol. Dw about it. Like I said, we love you too :smile:

How has it affected you before? Negatively?
Original post by Revent
You're not a foreigner :tongue: Or if you are, how do you do it? :wink:

Some Bollywood film :tongue: Is it how they're dressed and stuff? :mmm: I can totally dress in a kurta kameez and stuff if need be :tongue:

Lol. It's just that on average, British people tend to be that bit lighter, due to well being miles from the equator :tongue:, and as a country, half of Pakistan lives on less than $3/day, and if you've been somewhat well fed, they can just tell that you're from the UK
Original post by Zeegie
I thought you lived in Pakistan...how do you know the safety and all that stuff so well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have lived there, I was there right before I moved here. And I go there at least twice a year. I just think the way you guys are shown Pakistan or told about it is not correct. I understand that most people who live here hardly have anything to do with Pakistan except for a few relatives who live in villages. My point is that not all of Pakistan is like that.

Original post by Warlord
So actually you have hardly ever lived in pakistan?! How can you be so confident in what you say when you have hardly lived there to witsness things :confused:

Because I've lived there very recently, my dad lives there, I go there a lot and I'll be moving there.

Original post by Revent
I've lived in Pakistan for like one whole month :tongue: Well, to be fair, I wouldn't put it past my relatives to do that for me. :erm: They all think we're rich and stuff and that we have a couple of million to throw here and there :lolwut:

Lol you're relatives are funny people.
Original post by Warlord
How has it affected you before? Negatively?

Well, the only real negative is that people know you're British, so try and charge you more, so you need a Pakistani to come with you, and if you're in town, the poor people know you're British and assume you have unlimited money (I wish I did, and then I could give it)

My portable DVD player got nicked by some decorators but that was more out of my own stupidity, more than any thing else. They must have thought "Oh he's British. He can get another one"
Lol. It's just that on average, British people tend to be that bit lighter, due to well being miles from the equator :tongue:, and as a country, half of Pakistan lives on less than $3/day, and if you've been somewhat well fed, they can just tell that you're from the UK

Oh. My. Lord.
Oh. My. Lord.

You're right, that post didn't make much sense :tongue:
Oh. My. Lord.

We don't all live in the capital.Poverty is a massive thing near where I live y'know?

Original post by Phantom Lord

Really? There is a massive divide in rich and poor in Pakistan (and India for that regard), and lots of people do live on less than $3/day

And I have noticed that people from the UK are just that bit.. lighter?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Phantom Lord

I'm actually considering suicide.
G-6 has a LOT of security and stuff because of the diplomatic enclave. I don't know about the rest of the G, we don't really go there.
And Jinnah Super is in F7 and there is security there. I was there in early September 2012, but that's not the point. My point is not comparing the security of Pakistan to the security of England. What I'm trying to say is that when you guys say Pakistan's not a safe place to live in, you're wrong. Because we all live there and nothing has happened. And when you say that only people who are fearful of their lives have guards, you do get people like that, e.g Hasan4life. If he doesn't feel safe their, then he has every right to get a guard.

I lived in murree, loved it, not arguing about that. But you cant just use the example of the main cities and paint that as the whole picture of how pakistan is. Its mainly like the slums in mumbai tbh. I said around, not the actual bazaar lol, housing wise. Yes, g-6 does, not the rest of it.
And well then dont you think its abit worrying if people feel the need to have security guards? Who here would do that?
Reply 9617

Well, I'm proper dark and stuff, like a tamil innit so that's not an issue :tongue: and I guess that sorta makes sense, but if I stick to the rich peoples areas in Pakistan and stay away from the poor people, I'd be safer, wouldn't I? :laugh: or maybe all those kidnappers are the rich ones :eek:

I have lived there, I was there right before I moved here. And I go there at least twice a year. I just think the way you guys are shown Pakistan or told about it is not correct. I understand that most people who live here hardly have anything to do with Pakistan except for a few relatives who live in villages. My point is that not all of Pakistan is like that.

Because I've lived there very recently, my dad lives there, I go there a lot and I'll be moving there.

Lol you're relatives are funny people.

They're crazy criminals who I don't want to meet :lol:
We don't all live in the capital.Poverty is a massive thing near where I live y'know?

They can tell you're well fed? Really? Can they see the M&S tags through your stomach?

I'm a Pathan, I'm not Pathan white, but I'm lighter than the average Pakistani, and every Pakistan in my class here. How come I've never been considered British or American?
Reply 9619
They can tell you're well fed? Really? Can they see the M&S tags through your stomach?

I'm a Pathan, I'm not Pathan white, but I'm lighter than the average Pakistani, and every Pakistan in my class here. How come I've never been considered British or American?

Because you already know people and friends there and go to those parties where people go and drink for the sake of drinking and not to get drunk? :lol: Or do drugs for the sake of it but not to get high. :mmm: I know if I take drugs, I wanna get high :rofl: Not do it for the sake of it :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending