The Student Room Group

Does it still count as a compliment if an average/ugly guy calls a good looking girl

Beautiful?

My friend said that compliments from ugly guys don't count because average girls are beautiful to ugly guys

Surely the compliment would mean more coming from an attractive guy than an unattractive guy

Scroll to see replies

Just accept his compliment.
Reply 2
Original post by SarahWorksout
Beautiful?

My friend said that compliments from ugly guys don't count because average girls are beautiful to ugly guys

Surely the compliment would mean more coming from an attractive guy than an unattractive guy

wow.
Beautiful?

This actually isn't true. Human beings seemingly know where others are on the "attractiveness scale". So, for example, even if someone was ugly, they would still be able to distinguish between average/pretty however they would know they they would probably only be able to get with the average-looking partner.
Reply 4
Well then, should you accept it when an attractive guy calls you ugly?
Original post by sarahworksout
beautiful?

surely the compliment would mean more coming from an attractive guy than an unattractive guy

are you for real?
.....Howard from the Big Bang theory, that's all I'm saying!
Reply 7
well it's cliché but your friend may be attractive on the outside but she's pretty ugly on the inside eh?

But yes it still counts, too bad the "average" guy (yes folks you read it, "average" is now unacceptable and classed with ugly according to OP) doesn't know what the girl is like inside before he gives her that compliment.

In fact thinking about it you could say it counts for more. In that if someone is unattractive and may have poor self esteem (ironically because of girls like OP's friend), them summoning the confidence to compliment a girl despite probably knowing they're not going to get the same positive reaction that a "hot" guy would get, means they must consider her particularly beautiful.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by joey11223
well it's cliché but your friend may be attractive on the outside but she's pretty ugly on the inside eh?

But yes it still counts, too bad the "average" guy (yes folks you read it, "average" is now unacceptable and classed with ugly according to OP) doesn't know what the girl is like inside before he gives her that compliment.

In fact thinking about it you could say it counts for more. In that if someone is unattractive and may have poor self esteem (ironically because of girls like OP's friend), them summoning the confidence to compliment a girl despite probably knowing they're not going to get the same positive reaction that a "hot" guy would get, means they must consider her particularly beautiful.

Would the compliment mean more to you coming from a model or a fat girl?
I don't see how the the compliment coming from the fat girl would count seeing as you will find the model more attractive
Reply 9
How shallow of you and your friend.
Just accept the compliment, jeez.
Damn your friends are bitches . they must be really ugly on the inside to think **** like that.
Reply 11
if you are going to be a bitch about it then you didnt deserve it in the first place.
Reply 12
Jheeeeeez, just take the dam compliment b*tch....
Reply 13
your friend is a bitch.
SHALLOW! VAIN! CONCEITED!
get off your high horse and accept it.
Reply 15
Don't see why an ugly person sees things differently... By this logic, they should think the likes of Cheryl Cole and Megan Fox are butt ugly?
Reply 16
I think that your friend is disregarding the fact that those who are 'ugly'
are still people and so will always count. Don't be shallow, a compliment
is a compliment whoever it comes from
Would the compliment mean more to you coming from a model or a fat girl?
I don't see how the the compliment coming from the fat girl would count seeing as you will find the model more attractive

It would depend on their nature. But a girl complimenting me that I know of as quiet/shy/withdrawn etc, likely because she doesn't think much of herself, would carry more weight, even if I found the model much more attractive. (though I'm one of those weird people who doesn't seem to find many models attractive and prefer "average" looking people, though I'm sure many of those models would be more attractive to me if they had a photo without make-up on with bed hair haha.)
No, because less attractive people are sub-humans whose opinions and compliments alike should count for less. Are you 14 years old or something? Geez.
i find it hard to believe people this shallow actually exist

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending