The Student Room Group

Do all AQA English controlled assessments get moderated

Do all AQA English controlled assessments get looked at by the exam board (moderated) before they are converted into UMS. My teacher gave me 16 out of 20 and I believed my piece deserved more but I did not complain as the teacher marked me down because I complained before. Could someone give me some clarification because I am really annoyed:angry:
Reply 1
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Do all AQA English controlled assessments get looked at by the exam board (moderated) before they are converted into UMS. My teacher gave me 16 out of 20 and I believed my piece deserved more but I did not complain as the teacher marked me down because I complained before. Could someone give me some clarification because I am really annoyed:angry:

if my teacher demarked me id swear at her seriously go slap the B**ch up and i think they get moderated but if its handwritten then no
Original post by ubi1
if my teacher demarked me id swear at her seriously go slap the B**ch up and i think they get moderated but if its handwritten then no

what do u mean handwritten?
Reply 3
what do u mean handwritten?

Did you write it down with a pen if so then they wont get moderated unless your work has alot of inconsistency say some of your work is A* grade then some of it is C/d GRADE then it may be checked for inconsistency and plagiarism.
Original post by ubi1
Did you write it down with a pen if so then they wont get moderated unless your work has alot of inconsistency say some of your work is A* grade then some of it is C/d GRADE then it may be checked for inconsistency and plagiarism.

I'm pretty certain they all get moderated. Our class has done all of them handwritten and as far as I know, they're all going off for moderation.

but I did not complain as the teacher marked me down because I complained before.

Are you sure she marked you down because you complained, not because of some other reason? I find it hard to believe that a teacher would do that since it's so obviously not allowed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Chlorophile
I'm pretty certain they all get moderated. Our class has done all of them handwritten and as far as I know, they're all going off for moderation.

Well if you didn't plagiarise then you have nothing to lose:smile:
Original post by ubi1

Ohh okay so it wont be moderated. Such a shame.

Are you sure she marked you down because you complained, not because of some other reason? I find it hard to believe that a teacher would do that since it's so obviously not allowed.

I'm pretty certain it was marked down. She awarded A grades to C grade students.
I'm pretty certain it was marked down. She awarded A grades to C grade students.

With no disrespect meant, but I find it hard to believe that a qualified teacher would behave in such a manner. If you really think s/he is doing this, you should go to speak with senior management because that's absolutely unacceptable.
Reply 9
With no disrespect meant, but I find it hard to believe that a qualified teacher would behave in such a manner. If you really think s/he is doing this, you should go to speak with senior management because that's absolutely unacceptable.

If a teacher did this to me Id go crazy on her i would let her teach or anything id gather of with some friends and make her cry during lessons as i have done with other teachers:angry:
Original post by ubi1
If a teacher did this to me Id go crazy on her i would let her teach or anything id gather of with some friends and make her cry during lessons as i have done with other teachers:angry:

There's absolutely no excuse for doing that to a teacher. That's absolutely awful.
Reply 11
There's absolutely no excuse for doing that to a teacher. That's absolutely awful.

some teachers just care about there pay cheques and nothing else and they dont even teach properly i hate those sort of teachers you wont understand because you dont have them
Original post by ubi1
some teachers just care about there pay cheques and nothing else and they dont even teach properly i hate those sort of teachers you wont understand because you dont have them

That doesn't give you a right to be awful to them. As Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye and we'd all be blind". The mature and sensible (and most effective) thing to do is talk to another teacher about it. Otherwise you'll just be seen as immature and you'll be ignored, rightfully too.

Hi,

I follow the AQA English Language course and, whilst in a state of utter curiosity, I stumbled across this question, when I was in a conversation with my English teacher.

She told me that all the marks are sent off to one examiner and then by looking at all the marks the examiner would select a few CAs, ranging from the highest achieving candidates to the more weaker candidates. These would be sent off and the examiner would moderate them. Supposing it was a make, if he thinks that their is too much inconsistency within the marking,he would ask for another sample, look for more inconsistency and if he sees anymore he is able to raise/lower the marks of all the candidates in that centre - although this rarely happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They take like 10 samples out of 300 for each school? then they mark the 10 chosen thoroughly. If the marks match up with what the AQA examiner gives then everyone else's is automatically accepted and put through. You would have to pay a lot to get yours moderated by an AQA examiner alone.

Quick Reply

Latest