Shortsighted but don't want to wear glasses for aesthetic reasons

Scroll to see replies

Reply 21
Original post by jelly1000
ah that was a different one then as it was a corsa involved not a fiesta

:colone:

touche
Reply 22
personally, I wouldn't wear glasses, but I think my eye sight is a little bit better than yours. I can't read a number plate ten meters away but its not like i'm bumping into things!
Reply 23
So we live in a society where people would rather pull a person than being able to SEE? Gotta love it.
Reply 24
Original post by redferry
Yeah I know, I have astigmatism too. And -3.75 vision. I feel your pain.
I'm sure you could find some glasses to suit you though.

Goodness, your prescription is strong.

Yeah I am always amazed at how good people look in glasses. The most good looking guy at my work looks so hot in glasses. There's a trendy one who also looks attractive in glasses.

Yeah, I hope I find a pair that suits me. I tried a nice red or dead one at specsavers the other day. Maybe I should order it.
Reply 25
Last night I told him that I've run out of contact lenses and am now wearing glasses so, he might ask me why I'm not in glasses and I'll look even more stupid, I guess I should just wear the damn glasses
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by babygirl110
I'm short sighted with a prescription of -.50 and -1.00 but unfortunately have a very strong astigmatism of -2.75 with an orientation of 170-180. I've been stupid and forgot to order my contact lenses in good time, I can't get my contact lenses until the 23rd.

I have to meet up with a guy I'm currently seeing and its either I wear glasses, which look very unflattering on me or not wear glasses. I guess not wearing glasses would make me squint and unable to see properly. Not sure what to do.

Is it advisable to go out not wearing glasses on such a prescription? I'm not exactly blind but it's also not a good eye sight. Has anyone ever done it?

I don't know how strong those are, but mine are very weak (I only need them for tele/reading) and I don't need them when I'm out and about. But why would you not want to wear them if you needed them?!

If you don't like them, why don't you go to a different opticians and get some nicer ones? If you're in college, you get them free, and if not, you should go to Specsavers. They have some really cute ones, and a wide range for only £25! I get mine for free (I'm in college) for up to 85 quid, and I was really torn between two pairs, one was 25 and the others were 85 quid. I ended up going for the 85 ones because I liked them in dark blue (the others were black or red), but I happily would have got the others!
Reply 27
You could bring the glasses with you and use them when you feel you need them.

I have prety high astigmatism and not so weak prescription myself. Usually I don't wear glasses at all.

If you feel you can manage without them you can just not wear them, but it'd be better to bring them with you just in case.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Kathy89
You could bring the glasses with you and use them when you feel you need them.

I have prety high astigmatism and not so weak prescription myself. Usually I don't wear glasses at all.

If you feel you can manage without them you can just not wear them, but it'd be better to bring them with you just in case.

Thanks for this. Do you don't find it uncomfortable not wearing glasses?

Do you wear contact lenses?
Reply 29
Original post by babygirl110
Thanks for this. Do you don't find it uncomfortable not wearing glasses?

Do you wear contact lenses?

I wear contacs sometimes for events or sports or when it is rainy outside.

I find it more difficult to see without glasses but I am used to that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending