The Student Room Group

Why has no girl ever liked me?

Hey guys, new here, give me a heads up if I do miraculously break any forum rules in my first thread xD

Anyways, I have a fairly commonly asked question, but I never can be sure on the answer.

Why has no girl ever liked me?

Okay, okay, I know I'm only 15, yeah, yeah, but I can't help but notice I'm one of very few amongst my peers.

I haven't shown any true degree of desperation, I'm always upbeat in public, have no issues with friends or whatnot, and I DO ask girls out ( only to be rejected ) every few months or so.

I wouldn't consider myself unattractive, nor unconfident, I'm balanced between nice and realistic, but don't conform to others. (Just to be upfront and eliminate possibilities)

I find this rather frustrating, and my resolve in coping with it is weakening, especially with how others flaunt their relationships.

So, why do I still have no luck on the girl front?

Am I just really unlucky, or is there anything I've missed? Thanks. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

You pretty much answered it - you're 15. Give it some time.
Reply 2
Original post by jtow
I wouldn't consider myself unattractive

Maybe other people do?

You sound big headed.
Reply 3
@milienhaus I'd understand that, but everyone else seems to have been in relationships?

@james1211 I didn't mean to come across that way, I just meant that I'm an average in looks, not attractive per se, just so people can eliminate
Reply 4
Original post by jtow
@milienhaus I'd understand that, but everyone else seems to have been in relationships?

@james1211 I didn't mean to come across that way, I just meant that I'm an average in looks, not attractive per se, just so people can eliminate

Have they really though? I think at school people tend to only focus on the cool kids. Actually think about everyone in, say, your form, who had been in a real relationship?
Might be just the fact you're fifteen to be honest. Nothing to do with you especially, just your peers. People in high-school tend to have a rather distorted view of relationships and how they work. They think there's all these standards, rules, expectations which just hide the fact that no one has a bloody clue what to do. You sound fairly mature so you've probably spotted the absurdity of it all and accidentally excluded yourself.

I used to get really down about how no guy had ever shown interest in me ever. I was convinced there was something badly wrong with me. Then I went to uni and all of a sudden dating was easy. Suddenly it was like everyone says it's supposed to be like. My conclusion? High school sucks. Do your best, but don't worry about lack of success until you're 20 or so.
Reply 6
I guess that'd make sense guys, thanks, but it does leave a few problems, when I said most, I meant most, everyone regardless of who they are seems to have managed it.

But ultimately, to rephrase my question, how's the best way to cope?
Reply 7
Was I the only one still playing playstation at 15 :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by MelanieDickson
Might be just the fact you're fifteen to be honest. Nothing to do with you especially, just your peers. People in high-school tend to have a rather distorted view of relationships and how they work. They think there's all these standards, rules, expectations which just hide the fact that no one has a bloody clue what to do. You sound fairly mature so you've probably spotted the absurdity of it all and accidentally excluded yourself.

I used to get really down about how no guy had ever shown interest in me ever. I was convinced there was something badly wrong with me. Then I went to uni and all of a sudden dating was easy. Suddenly it was like everyone says it's supposed to be like. My conclusion? High school sucks. Do your best, but don't worry about lack of success until you're 20 or so.

I think the pressure of school is insane. Like if I try and kiss her and she says no, I have to see her every day! And she'll tell all her mates, and everyone will take the piss. People would pull at a party (i mean kiss by that, my school was lame...) Then at uni all that is suddenly gone, you just pull people and no one cares, so liberating.
Original post by uniphysics
Was I the only one still playing playstation at 15 :s-smilie:

It's possible to do both...
Probably just unlucky.
I normally hate it when people post videos but this guy makes some important points.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbf41xrzjqk
im 23 and never had a girl in my life showed any interest on me.
Reply 13
Original post by james1211
Maybe other people do?

You sound big headed.

*sigh*
Why is it a massive crime on TSR to think you're not unattractrive?

Nothing about his post sounds big headed.
Original post by MelanieDickson

I've had no such luck at uni...
Though I have had one gf in the past (back when I was 14 or so :biggrin:)
Speaking from a girl's point of view, boys my age weren't really very attractive at that age because most of the time they hadn't entirely gone through puberty yet :< There were very few guys in my year that didn't look like children to me. Maybe at the end of year 11 they started getting a bit more tall and mature looking but for the most part they didn't look enough like men for me to be attracted to them.
I know this is totally different from what everyone's said but for me that would be the reason I didn't ''like'' guys that age.
Honestly, don't worry about it. There is a guy in my year (we're 18) and he has never had a date of any description but that's because he's an uncomfortable mix of desparate/creepy (to girls, guys think hes hilarious)/and a massive pervert. It's sort of a running joke in our year group which he encourages but we all know that he'll end up with someone (probably very soon). Even someone with those qualities will not be forever alone. - Trust me, you'll be fine. No one even properly dates until later on anyway, be glad you're avoiding rom com trips to the cinema - or worse, Twilight!
Original post by Millyshyn
Speaking from a girl's point of view, boys my age weren't really very attractive at that age because most of the time they hadn't entirely gone through puberty yet :< There were very few guys in my year that didn't look like children to me. Maybe at the end of year 11 they started getting a bit more tall and mature looking but for the most part they didn't look enough like men for me to be attracted to them.
I know this is totally different from what everyone's said but for me that would be the reason I didn't ''like'' guys that age.

I get that :-) I wasn't really interested in dating at all back then. Age (in that sense) didn't really bother me. When people come into their own its not just a physical thing, but a confidence thing as well which allows you to seem far less insecure to others (which, in the same way as being cocky, is generally quite unattractive in anyone).
Reply 18
Well, I get, the issue is my age. But, why then, is what I see quite different. The people in relationships, seem to outnumber those who aren't. I know I sound like a stereotypical teen with my question, but, I don't know how to cope with it. The thought of that is the only thing keeping me sane from all the other more serious stuff I've gone through.
Reply 19
You'll find someone who is interested. I am in a similar position to be honest, i've had sexual experience and relationships, i just haven't noticed too many girls looking at me lately.

Maybe it isn't about who likes you or not, but try speaking to them and showing them what sort of guy you are and they may be interested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending