The Student Room Group

Am I too innocent for Reading festival?

I'm quite a shy quiet person until you get some alcohol in me and due to this I've only really started going out in big groups and getting hammered since the new year even though i have been 18 since September. I'm worried I'm too inexperienced for the atmosphere at Reading as pretty much all of my friends that have gone were high pretty much all the time. Drugs arnt really my scene, and i find it a little intimidating.

I want to go for the music and the good times with my friends but I'm worried I'm going to get freaked out and I don't want to spend £200 on something I'm going to find miserable; so whats other peoples experiences? and any tips for me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Prune.
I'm quite a shy quiet person until you get some alcohol in me and due to this I've only really started going out in big groups and getting hammered since the new year even though i have been 18 since September. I'm worried I'm too inexperienced for the atmosphere at Reading as pretty much all of my friends that have gone were high pretty much all the time. Drugs arnt really my scene, and i find it a little intimidating.

I want to go for the music and the good times with my friends but I'm worried I'm going to get freaked out and I don't want to spend £200 on something I'm going to find miserable; so whats other peoples experiences? and any tips for me?

Just go and don't do the drugs.

If they're any sort of friend, they'll understand and respect your choices :smile:
Reply 2
You'll be fine. There are more drunk people than high people. There's a fair few sober people about too.

Most people are sober, or mostly sober, during the day.
Reply 3
You'd spend £200 to sit in a muddy field, drinking crappy beer and listening to some ****ty indie music?

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
You'll probably be too innocent to use the toilets there...
.....The ****ing horror
As long as you go with a good group of friends you'll have a great time whether you drink or not. I went last year and had the most amazing weekend ever so would definitely recommend it!
go to the festival, join the dark side, it's fun over here, you'd like it.
Reply 7
Original post by Gryffindor
As long as you go with a good group of friends you'll have a great time whether you drink or not. I went last year and had the most amazing weekend ever so would definitely recommend it!

yeah I think going with a good group is a big part. at the moment only me and one other have enough to buy a ticket so I'm not sure how big my groups even going to be and the other girl is worse than me in the inexperience field. I mean I know how to handle myself when I'm drunk, I'm just intimidated by other, possibly aggressive people.
I'm only a little person!
Reply 8
Why do all these so called "innocent" girls end up doing something with a random guy when they go to these things for the first time
Reply 9
Original post by 122025278
Why do all these so called "innocent" girls end up doing something with a random guy when they go to these things for the first time

hohoho don't get me wrong I'm not innocent in that respect, given my past record I shall do my best to avoid it, but me when I'm drunk is a very stupid and compulsive person, and not at all like sober me.
Original post by Prune.
hohoho don't get me wrong I'm not innocent in that respect, given my past record I shall do my best to avoid it, but me when I'm drunk is a very stupid and compulsive person, and not at all like sober me.

I'm not sure what you've confessed to there, being easy or being slutty or both...
Original post by 2ndClass
You'd spend £200 to sit in a muddy field, drinking crappy beer and listening to some ****ty indie music?

Eminem
Biffy Clyro
Fall Out Boy

Reply 12
Original post by manchesterunited15

Eminem
Biffy Clyro
Fall Out Boy

:facepalm2:

Good grief....can you imagine sitting in a tent for 2 days surrounded by grimy revellers only to listen to "Biffy Clyro" and "Fall Out Boy".

Good grief....can you imagine sitting in a tent for 2 days surrounded by grimy revellers only to listen to "Biffy Clyro" and "Fall Out Boy".

Hahaha, I tried to rep you but it said I've already done it recently

But it's not "only" them is it :facepalm2:
Reply 15
Its a festival not an orgy youll be fine, although that being said who knows what happens in some tents...
Reply 16
I'm not sure what you've confessed to there, being easy or being slutty or both...

whats it matter to you?
Original post by Prune.
whats it matter to you?

Catty!
Reply 18
Catty!

not really just don't think my comment warranted a judgmental reply
Original post by Prune.
not really just don't think my comment warranted a judgmental reply

I didn't expect you to be so candid

Quick Reply