The Student Room Group

Ballet flats

Why do ballet flats make your feet smell so bad, I like to wear these shoes all the time but they really make your feet stink
Some guys would argue that this isn't a bad thing haha.
Probably because we don't wear them with socks so our feat sweat against the leather or whatever synthetic material is used. Try cycling through a couple of pairs and regularly wiping them down/soaking your feet.
Because you're gross and choose to wear your shoes without socks and yet do nothing to combat the inevitable sweat.
Original post by parpirate
Because you're gross and choose to wear your shoes without socks and yet do nothing to combat the inevitable sweat.

There are woman out there who wear socks with flat shoes? Awkward...
Original post by pmc:producer
There are woman out there who wear socks with flat shoes? Awkward...

Socks / tights, either way if you're going to go bare foot and not do anything about the sweat then it's bit stupid to not expect them to smell.
Reply 6
if you wear bare feet in shoes then put talcum powder in them first, it works really well :smile:
Wear skin coloured nylon socks?
Reply 8
I've never had that problem. Clean the shoes or throw them away if they're old. Go get a pedi and remove dead skin from your feet.
Original post by parpirate
Socks / tights, either way if you're going to go bare foot and not do anything about the sweat then it's bit stupid to not expect them to smell.

I don't even know why I am getting myself involved in this - given that I don't wear ballet flats! Haha.
Anyway, I think the OP was seeking advice to deal with the sweat... Not looking to be criticised for lack to sock wearing! :wink:
foot sprays? Or a light dusting of talcum powder.
Original post by pmc:producer
I don't even know why I am getting myself involved in this - given that I don't wear ballet flats! Haha.
Anyway, I think the OP was seeking advice to deal with the sweat... Not looking to be criticised for lack to sock wearing! :wink:

Maybe, though she did actually just ask why they smell so bad as if she didn't know why :wink:
Like other posters have said, Talcum powder works well :redface:
Reply 13
I don't know exactly what they're called but I got some little pop sock things from primark, they're like little socks for with ballet shoes made from material like tights, they've solved the problem for me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marketalooter
Why do ballet flats make your feet smell so bad, I like to wear these shoes all the time but they really make your feet stink

Maybe you've just got smelly feet, it's perfectly natural. I wear ballet flats every day to work, with thin tan tights, and even though I'm on my feet all day as I work in a bank, when I get home and kick off my shoes my feet don't smell, or my boyfriend would soon tell me!

Quick Reply

Latest