The Student Room Group

can I go into medicine

So I have decided that I want to go into medicine and to do this I need a level sciences (biology and chemistry) which I'm not doing at the moment so I was wondering if its possible to carry on with 2 of my current as subjects into a2 and pick up biology and chemistry (do them in 2 years) so all together I will stay in college for 3 years. Will universities consider this? Will it seem like I'm re-sitting?
Reply 1
Original post by pinkmama
So I have decided that I want to go into medicine and to do this I need a level sciences (biology and chemistry) which I'm not doing at the moment so I was wondering if its possible to carry on with 2 of my current as subjects into a2 and pick up biology and chemistry (do them in 2 years) so all together I will stay in college for 3 years. Will universities consider this? Will it seem like I'm re-sitting?

Many medical schools only consider a levels sat within 2 years. Its is possible to apply to a foundation course in medicine instead though, depending on your A levels. Cant link you as Im on the TSR app atm but its worth taking a look at the medicine wiki in our "award winning" medicine forum.
Reply 2
Original post by Vulpes
Many medical schools only consider a levels sat within 2 years. Its is possible to apply to a foundation course in medicine instead though, depending on your A levels. Cant link you as Im on the TSR app atm but its worth taking a look at the medicine wiki in our "award winning" medicine forum.

Ok, but do foundation courses have the same credit as normal degrees?
Reply 3
Original post by pinkmama
Ok, but do foundation courses have the same credit as normal degrees?

Its just an additional year at the beginning of the normal medicine course to teach you basic sciences etc. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Vulpes
Its just an additional year at the beginning of the normal medicine course to teach you basic sciences etc. :smile:

Ok thankyou :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending