The Student Room Group

WJEC biology BY4 11/01/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by nicolabwfc
I put nitrates and ammonia and then '(ions)' hahaha! what did anyone put for the 2 density dependent and 1 density independent factor?

Density dependent: availability of food source, accumulation of toxic waste
Density independent: temperature

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 261
Original post by chloels
I did the osmoregulation one! Didn't feel like I had enough to write about the Calvin cycle essay :s

Yeah same here! I don't really like photosynthesis haha:frown: Did you write about what happens (like ultrafiltration and selective reabsorption) and the negative feedback bit with the ADH and stuff..? I think I babbled on a bit much 'cause I ended up filling the three pages D:
Reply 262
Original post by nicolabwfc
I put nitrates and ammonia and then '(ions)' hahaha! what did anyone put for the 2 density dependent and 1 density independent factor?

I think nitrates and ammonium ions is correct, I googled it (curiosity killed the cat) and saw that answer a few times :smile: for density dependent I wrote about toxic waste and depletion of nutrients but I was thrown by the density independent so just wrote an increase in temperature which could denature enzymes :s
Reply 263
Original post by shawneexo
Yeah same here! I don't really like photosynthesis haha:frown: Did you write about what happens (like ultrafiltration and selective reabsorption) and the negative feedback bit with the ADH and stuff..? I think I babbled on a bit much 'cause I ended up filling the three pages D:

I wrote the definition then wrote about selective reabsorption and ADH! At least if you've written about all of it you are more likely to get all the marks haha :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 264
Original post by chloels
I wrote the definition then wrote about selective reabsorption and ADH! At least if you've written about all of it you are more likely to get all the marks haha :smile:

Okay goood, that's basically what I did but with additional waffling on about things that really don't matter haha -.- exam marker's probably gonna hate me having to read it all now :P
Reply 265
Did anyone do WJEC CH4 today?
Reply 266
Original post by shawneexo
Did anyone do WJEC CH4 today?

Yes :frown: what did you think of it?
Reply 267
Original post by Naomi32
Yes :frown: what did you think of it?

Theres a proper thread for it now: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2227910

...I thought it was reeally bad at first but I'm feeling a bit better now, definitely didn't love it though haha! :frown:
Reply 268
What do you people think grade boundaries are gonna be like for this exam?
Original post by popnit
What do you people think grade boundaries are gonna be like for this exam?

I think low-ishhhhhhhh...there were a few curve balls
Reply 270
Previous Grade Boundaries
bio.PNG
Reply 271
Original post by D4rth
Previous Grade Boundaries
bio.PNG

Do you have HB4 boundaries as well? :redface:
Reply 272
Original post by lilGem
Do you have HB4 boundaries as well? :redface:

They should be the same as when I did a search for BY4 it comes up as "HB4/BY4"
Reply 273
Original post by D4rth
They should be the same as when I did a search for BY4 it comes up as "HB4/BY4"

okay thank you :h: the papers are slightly different so I assumed a slight change in boundaries

Thanks for posting them :hugs:
Original post by lilGem
okay thank you :h: the papers are slightly different so I assumed a slight change in boundaries

Thanks for posting them :hugs:

I couldn't see the by4 boundaries for jan 2013 there? I bloody hope it's not 65/80 like last year :frown:
Reply 275
Original post by adamcusirinzon
I couldn't see the by4 boundaries for jan 2013 there? I bloody hope it's not 65/80 like last year :frown:

I was referring to past boundaries (sorry if that was made unclear)

Same! if it's low I'd be elated :afraid:

Good luck all! :hugs:
Original post by lilGem
I was referring to past boundaries (sorry if that was made unclear)

Same! if it's low I'd be elated :afraid:

Good luck all! :hugs:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND EVERYBODY, hope we've all done well. Btw, lilgem, have u estimated how many marks u think you've lost...what're you hoping for?
Reply 277
GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND EVERYBODY, hope we've all done well. Btw, lilgem, have u estimated how many marks u think you've lost...what're you hoping for?

I calculated it in the exam can't remember it now though! As long as I get an A/ A* I'd be happy (applied to do bio at uni so need a good grade :colondollar:)

What about you?
Original post by lilGem
I calculated it in the exam can't remember it now though! As long as I get an A/ A* I'd be happy (applied to do bio at uni so need a good grade :colondollar:)

What about you?

Ah I see, i've looked over the paper since and calculated it...I was quite strict, but generous on cetain things and I got 60/80...could be lower or higher just know way of knowing, guess I'll find out on results!! I need to get an A too tbh, got an interview with cardiff for mpharm and if I get an offer it'll be for AA in chem and biol with wbq..hoping they'll accept a B for biol tho..where u hopin to go?
Reply 279
Ah I see, i've looked over the paper since and calculated it...I was quite strict, but generous on cetain things and I got 60/80...could be lower or higher just know way of knowing, guess I'll find out on results!! I need to get an A too tbh, got an interview with cardiff for mpharm and if I get an offer it'll be for AA in chem and biol with wbq..hoping they'll accept a B for biol tho..where u hopin to go?

Good luck with Cardiff!

Exeter :crossedf: AAB (already have the B, just resitting one paper in economics for an A, and biology for the other- although it's a first sitting)

I'm a third year :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending