The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I cant think of a game ever I've felt so robbed in. I am so angry that I am having to refrain myself from throwing things. Not because we lost..but because we were absolutely the better side and the ****ing **** of a ref ruined the entire game. ****ing ****er.
Reply 1681
even Jose agrees, the best team lost
Mourinho - "The best team lost"

Respect
Original post by hayles101
I cant think of a game ever I've felt so robbed in. I am so angry that I am having to refrain myself from throwing things. Not because we lost..but because we were absolutely the better side and the ****ing **** of a ref ruined the entire game. ****ing ****er.

Tbh, I felt worse in '04. The first time we were robbed against Mourinho, with his Porto side. Scholes' second goal was disallowed for no reason. Honestly think we would have gone on to win it that year.
Feel sorry for SAF the most. Got the team selection absolutely spot on, both times. Really hope he wins one more Champions League before he retires.
ironically this was not the most painful thing to happen to me this evening, I genuinely wish it was, how pathetic is that?

gutted doesn't even come close, but given other things that happened to me tonight I don't even care anymore.
Reply 1686
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Feel sorry for SAF the most. Got the team selection absolutely spot on, both times. Really hope he wins one more Champions League before he retires.

The team played brilliantly,mourinhos comment were exaggerated the game was equal at that point

I'm hoping we get the treble one last time before I die lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a Chelsea fan I know how it feels.
09 Vs Barcelona where we should've had 4 penalties our way then Barcelona won it in the last minute.
Feel for Man utd.
It will balance out in the coming years though or atleast it should (Chelsea getting revenge on Barca last year)
Played very good with no luck :s-smilie:
Jose Mourinho proves his class once again.
Celtic and Arsenal the only British clubs left and 1 in a million chance they will go through... Want Dortmund to win now or Galatasry.
(edited 11 years ago)
WHAT ABOUT RAMOS ON EVRA?

What I do not understand is that 200 million people watching this match and 1 person can change the outcome-how come so much power be given to one person who can make mistakes?

Also, who chooses this referee? Why him? He had prior experience in given red cards to English teams in past years...I smell bull ****.
Reply 1689
Aweful decision by the referee, we were in control up to that point. You have to credit Madrid for the way they responded though and Modric was outstanding when he came on.
Ignore the pitiful Chelsea fan. As a true Chelsea fan I know that it sucks to loose in the way you did. Reminiscent to that of the 09 Semi final vs Barcelona where we should've had 4 penalties and they scored late...
Stupid decision though - LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO THERE WAS EXACTLY SAME RED CARDS ON CARLTON COLE AND HIBBERT which later got removed and the red cards got removed.
Also the Referee ref's in the Spanish League which might answer some of your questions.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hmm, disappointing game. I expected Real to go on an win before the decision but that killed it.

I thought it was harsh but acceptable to begin with but the more I think about it the less I agree.

He's being sent off for serious foul play, which is not about the foul, its about endangering the opponent with your play. Much like a two footed lunge, its not just dependant on the contact, its about the danger your player has attached to it. Where does that leave bicycle kicks? What about any kind of high foot, its all dangerous.

Masterful by Jose though, handled that brilliantly as always.
Reply 1692
Ridiculous refereeing for both legs, we were robbed but Real showed class at at least not milking it, the worst thing is that we looked more likely to score a second than them equalising by how our defence was playing so gutted:frown:
Original post by hayles101

Been worse games than this tbh. Overreaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Utd fans on twitter going in on Keano big time.

Surely one of your best ever players and leaders is not going to become an outcast for expressing his opinion on a tackle?
Reply 1695
It is Mike Phelan who will face the press for Manchester United. He says that he has just left behind "a distraught dressing room" and a "distraught manager" and that is why he is on media duties.
I really feel sorry for Nani he nearly cried but he held it in, Mourinho then shacks his hand because he felt for him.7

I think Sir Alex needs to get the team together and highlighting each of their brilliant performances. Move on...(Hate to say it). Brilliant crowd and performance of the team.

I swear that ref, if he is in front of me right know...let's just say he will never referee again.
Original post by Zürich
Utd fans on twitter going in on Keano big time.

Surely one of your best ever players and leaders is not going to become an outcast for expressing his opinion on a tackle?
It more the pathetic way he is desperate to give a opinion of United which is critical. If its a 50/50 he's always go anti United, he always critical of a player performance, he'll always take a pop at SAF if he can. Its not a one off, it just reeks of bitter, and its quite childish tbh. But we all know Roy Keane holds grudges.
Well the decision in hind-sight he will know is very stupid. This season in the EPL alone there have been 3 red cards in the past 2 months for those exact type of challenges which have later been removed after an appeal... too late though as you can't appeal a decision in the CL to change the outcome.
Reply 1699
Tough luck but Karma's a b itch.

Latest