The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D affy
Idk why everyone says the dicks do this or whatever. Every person i know and every surrounding school had their shirts untucked from year7-11 ..

You're forgetting that this TSR we're talking about, most peeps here probably went to some posh private school so of course they're gonna be lacking in perspective. i.e. by saying only dicks wore their uniform that way. When you and I know that literally everyone wore their uniform that way.
Reply 21
Original post by eelnais
At my school from year seven onwards if you dared have that top button done up you were mocked mercilessly for days on end. So yeah, no one ever did that. Ever. And shirt tucked in? I can't even imagine a kid doing that.

(I go to a rough comprehensive - if you don't, you'll be fine I'm sure).

haha same here, I was thinking it was a bit strange that loads of people on here are like, 'Oh my God I would never do that'. Top button up and shirt tucked in meant you were a tosser and everyone would take the piss aha, but everyone loves banter :')
Original post by Parente
haha same here, I was thinking it was a bit strange that loads of people on here are like, 'Oh my God I would never do that'. Top button up and shirt tucked in meant you were a tosser and everyone would take the piss aha, but everyone loves banter :')

See my post above.
Reply 23
Original post by Parente

LOL YES! Nowa days i wear a suit.. and properly a shame most people have really dodgy looking fits and suit styles :L not to mention the checkered casual shirts. Ah well but it is definitely normal to have your shirt untucked.. Relax it's not the end of the world
Reply 24
Original post by Parente

Aha same! To think people actually wear suits aswell is just...:tongue: Anyone who would ever dare to wear a suit had to be either crazy, doing something for charity, or asking to be beat up. In sixth form we don't even have a uniform!
Reply 25
Original post by Ice Constricter
See my post above.

Fair do's
I remember a guy in my year that always had his top button done with a long tie pulled up properly and his shirt tucked in with a nerdy looking backpack. The way everyone took the piss was brutal.

Original post by glousck
I bet in Year 7 you tucked your shirt in, did your blazer up all good an' proper and had your tie ridiculously long so you wouldn't get told off for it being to short. You've changed, boy.

Yeah maybe for the first week.....

But after that it was the untucked shirt, very fat short tie with the top button undone.
Reply 27
Original post by eelnais
Aha same! To think people actually wear suits aswell is just...:tongue: Anyone who would ever dare to wear a suit had to be either crazy, doing something for charity, or asking to be beat up. In sixth form we don't even have a uniform!

Sameee, no suits here either. I would actually shoot myself if we had to wear them, I really hate them. Most are normally to bulky and its too expensive to have them fir just for you. Whenever we go to sixth form things we're always like the only sixth form just casually dressed, but I reckon its soo much better :smile:
Reply 28

Yeah maybe for the first week.....

But after that it was the untucked shirt, very fat short tie with the top button undone.

Phew, i was beginning to think i was way in the minority here.
I think i was properly smart for the first month, before i asked myself 'why am i tucking in my shirt' one morning.. haven't really looked back since. So much easier to wear your tie loose too so you dont have to constantly re-tie it. But it looks better medium length than really short and fat.

Thing is for me, my mum has started going mental about it cos she thinks it has set a bad example to my brother (who is in Y7 now), as he's started to 'copy' - i dont see the big deal?! he'll soon pick up on the shirt untucked / button undone thing anyway?

Is there anyone else who's had this parental push-back??
Trust me, if you want to be "cool", start making yourself look like a boss - it looks p*** poor having your uniform in a mess all the time
(edited 11 years ago)
Used to do this all the time in junior school till I realised it wasn't worth the hassle the teachers gave you about it. Not to mention it looks sloppy as hell.

Although I go to quite a formally dressed school. Females aren't allowed to wear trousers because it looks too masculine yet we have to wear a tie, shirt and blazer, no logic.
(edited 11 years ago)
Doesn't do up top button with tie for school.

Goes home and changes into casual shirt and does up top button to look 'indie'.

:lolwut:
Reply 32
When i went to a school with a suit for a uniform god help you if you ever wore it in such a manner... whilst i see your point and most people tryed to rebel by doing it it does look scruffy and unseemly soo...
Reply 33
Original post by Bellissima
well that's kind of the teacher's fault if they think uniform is more important than education?

or kids could just dress properly and avoid the drama, there's no reason for someone to walk around school with their shirt out, it wouldn't be allowed at work so why teach bad habits at an early age.
Obviously someone went private school. :rofl:

Come to a run down secondary school like my old one and see if you'll be saying the same thing.

I go to a state school...
Original post by theterminator
I go to a state school...

Then you'd agree that 99% of people do this so stop acting so damn surprised like you've never heard of anyone dressing that way.
You should get a large dress shirt which hangs out a long way - but keep your tie done up tight..
Reply 37
Shirt untucked = not good
Top button undone = the norm

I went to a comprehensive school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Polo shirt . Trousers. Shades. Vest for gym. We're all set for the day 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should respect your mum and wear your cloths the way your mum wants you to and it does feel good and it will grow on you

Latest

Trending

Trending