The Student Room Group

Why are Muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mazy95
How many have you personally heard?

On numerous different news channels, many.
Reply 41

another tin foil hat loony.
great.
Reply 42
Original post by Tabzqt
another tin foil hat loony.
great.

I don't care what you people say about me as long as you read it, haha.
Reply 43
Original post by Rosaknows
On numerous different news channels, many.

You've heard them say 'Allah hu Akbar' and commit an act of terrorism?
Reply 44
Original post by Mazy95
I don't care what you people say about me as long as you read it, haha.

seen it all before.
I admire scepticism, but this is taking it too far.
check out this site please: http://www.debunking911.com/
specifically the Osama Bin Laden section http://www.debunking911.com/osama.htm
not so much terrorists, but a people who differentiate the value of people lives based on they're religion. which is much more damaging to a society than any terrorist.
Reply 46
Original post by Mazy95
You've heard them say 'Allah hu Akbar' and commit an act of terrorism?

Yes. On the Al Jazeera news channel they say it a lot of the time.
Reply 47
Original post by Mazy95
A rare case. Did you convert to Islam and then leave it and become an Atheist?

Oh no, I was born into Islam, it's not that I reject Islam but in essence the theory of religion and God...I have not told my parent yet, but they do not force me to pray etc. I think they have kind of realised as my older brother is an openly strong atheist but he is an adult so they cannot do anything... How about you?
Reply 48
Original post by rizzl8
trust me, if there was no Muslims in the world, it would be another religion..as much as the media are good at demonising and making a story out of half baked fabrications, the reader enjoys it as much. so we all play a part !
the reality is that is probably a bit of both - media hypes up things (thats how they make money gain interest) and USA especially highlights the islamist terrorsit angles, but at the same time islam and moslims bring it on themselves too. religious moslims still chant anti west, anti democracy slogans and stir up dissent against non muslims, have done for years. and so bring on reactions from non moslims, that is natural(not just in our country) . And these arnt non religous muslims, sometimes imams and amirs of influence who moslims listen too. problem with islam is its a system where one or two men with beards can tell thousands what to beleive- and they beleive it. with western terrorists, it tends to be loners who have a a few screws lose, they go get a gun or make a bomb and kill a few people. in islam, some imam or amir will preach tell others to go kill themselves and others by quoting them some speech by mohammed or verse in the koran - much bigger issue to deal with, hence why its a big media focus.
Reply 49
Original post by FCI
the reality is that is probably a bit of both - media hypes up things (thats how they make money gain interest) and USA especially highlights the islamist terrorsit angles, but at the same time islam and moslims bring it on themselves too. religious moslims still chant anti west, anti democracy slogans and stir up dissent against non muslims, have done for years. and so bring on reactions from non moslims, that is natural(not just in our country) . And these arnt non religous muslims, sometimes imams and amirs of influence who moslims listen too. problem with islam is its a system where one or two men with beards can tell thousands what to beleive- and they beleive it. with western terrorists, it tends to be loners who have a a few screws lose, they go get a gun or make a bomb and kill a few people. in islam, some imam or amir will preach tell others to go kill themselves and others by quoting them some speech by mohammed or verse in the koran - much bigger issue to deal with, hence why its a big media focus.

By saying Muslim's bring it on themselves, it seems you may not be aware of a few things. Firstly, the fact that America invaded Iraq claiming that they had nuclear weapons (example only).
Firstly, the fact that they have nuclear weapons themselves as well as USSR etc but they didn't have any problem with that shows they were after the oil in Iraq. Explain how Muslim's bought it on themselves in this case.
Secondly, they invaded Afghanistan with the excuse to find Osama Bin Laden, yet a couple of years after his death, they are still in there. How have Muslim's bought it on themselves over here, when it was only one person that claimed to be Muslim and may have carried out 9/11. Yet there is not even evidence that he did that!
Reply 50
Original post by Danya1
By saying Muslim's bring it on themselves, it seems you may not be aware of a few things. Firstly, the fact that America invaded Iraq claiming that they had nuclear weapons (example only). Firstly, the fact that they have nuclear weapons themselves as well as USSR etc but they didn't have any problem with that shows they were after the oil in Iraq. Explain how Muslim's bought it on themselves in this case.Secondly, they invaded Afghanistan with the excuse to find Osama Bin Laden, yet a couple of years after his death, they are still in there. How have Muslim's bought it on themselves over here, when it was only one person that claimed to be Muslim and may have carried out 9/11. Yet there is not even evidence that he did that!
or maybe you are not aware of a few things - ie that USA invaded iraq AFTER terrorist attack of 9-11. Even so iraq wasnt 100% about terrorism so its not even a valid comparison, are you goign to quote every war in history and suggest terrorism as an excuse?gogin after bin laden was about islmaist terrorism, he hid in afganistan and paksitan, so usa went there to get him. its logic response to someone threatening you and blowing up two of your nicest skyscrapers isnt it? they are still in afganistan today, becuase the afgan government asked them to be there. Dont you know what is going on in the world?and USA is not a good example for you to use, islamists plant bombs and kill people other than americans, hence why they have this reputation- so yes they do bring it on themseslves also. If muslims people actually did anything genuine to eradicate them, again maybe people would soften ther stance, and maybe usa woldnt be sending armies and drones around the world to do something about it. If no muslim terrorist group existed in the world, the media could not write anything about muslims. Do media write things about others?
Reply 51
Original post by Rosaknows
Yes. On the Al Jazeera news channel they say it a lot of the time.

I don't follow that channel. Haha.
Reply 52
Original post by FCI
or maybe you are not aware of a few things - ie that USA invaded iraq AFTER terrorist attack of 9-11. Even so iraq wasnt 100% about terrorism so its not even a valid comparison, are you goign to quote every war in history and suggest terrorism as an excuse?gogin after bin laden was about islmaist terrorism, he hid in afganistan and paksitan, so usa went there to get him. its logic response to someone threatening you and blowing up two of your nicest skyscrapers isnt it? they are still in afganistan today, becuase the afgan government asked them to be there. Dont you know what is going on in the world?and USA is not a good example for you to use, islamists plant bombs and kill people other than americans, hence why they have this reputation- so yes they do bring it on themseslves also. If muslims people actually did anything genuine to eradicate them, again maybe people would soften ther stance, and maybe usa woldnt be sending armies and drones around the world to do something about it. If no muslim terrorist group existed in the world, the media could not write anything about muslims. Do media write things about others?

So let's say.. two Americans went to Pakistan and blew up a couple of buildings. Should Pakistan and it's allies invade and kill people in Australia and.. Canada?
Besides, do you see countries like Pakistan/Somalia/Yemen retaliating against America despite 100s of children being killed due to drone attacks?
Reply 53
Original post by Lakesx
Oh no, I was born into Islam, it's not that I reject Islam but in essence the theory of religion and God...I have not told my parent yet, but they do not force me to pray etc. I think they have kind of realised as my older brother is an openly strong atheist but he is an adult so they cannot do anything... How about you?

So basically you haven't had much influence or exposure to Islam by your family?
I am a Muslim.
Reply 54
Original post by Mazy95
I don't follow that channel. Haha.

You don't have to, there are many clips of terrorists shouting 'in the name of Allah'.
Reply 55
Original post by jammy_dogers
Islam was not intended for violence and never will be.
Sahih Muslim (1:33)

Book 001, Number 0033:
It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah."
Reply 56
Original post by mariachi
Sahih Muslim (1:33)

Book 001, Number 0033:
It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah."

In what situation was this narration recorded, and to whom was it regarding?
Reply 57
Original post by Mazy95
So let's say.. two Americans went to Pakistan and blew up a couple of buildings. Should Pakistan and it's allies invade and kill people in Australia and.. Canada? Besides, do you see countries like Pakistan/Somalia/Yemen retaliating against America despite 100s of children being killed due to drone attacks?
no they would ask that US regeime to hand over the terrorists, when that regieme refuses and tells them to f off, then they invade track the terrorists responsbile and put some bullets in them and their militant supporters. This only way to stop them poltting more attacks, in the meantime they also kill various other terrorists that are responisble for attrocitiies on various other countires, which again is logical and good thing. how many 100s of children were killed by islamists in moslem countires alone compared to drones do you think? which do think is killing more? get real
Reply 58
Original post by Mazy95
So let's say.. two Americans went to Pakistan and blew up a couple of buildings. Should Pakistan and it's allies invade and kill people in Australia and.. Canada? Besides, do you see countries like Pakistan/Somalia/Yemen retaliating against America despite 100s of children being killed due to drone attacks?
and also to add, as you demonstrate above, biggest reason for reputation of moslem world is that they are hung up on things liek drones and fail to do anything about islamists in their own doorsteps, who have no issues attacking civilians and are the reaosn drones are flying around int he first place. classic sticking head in the sand.
Reply 59
Original post by FCI
no they would ask that US regeime to hand over the terrorists, when that regieme refuses and tells them to f off, then they invade track the terrorists responsbile and put some bullets in them and their militant supporters. This only way to stop them poltting more attacks, in the meantime they also kill various other terrorists that are responisble for attrocitiies on various other countires, which again is logical and good thing. how many 100s of children were killed by islamists in moslem countires alone compared to drones do you think? which do think is killing more? get real

You seem to be very naïve regarding the matter. The current situation obviously doesn't make sense, so doesn't it raise suspicion to your mind?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending