The Student Room Group

64 for an A on AQA Core 1?

Was the exam really that easy in comparison to previous papers, or is this an example of Gove making it harder for students to get the top grades. From what I can remember from that exam, 64 seems way too high.
Those at my College found the paper really easy in comparison to previous years, so I think 64 is a fair grade boundary.
Reply 2
Hmmn, the exam wasn't as difficult as some years, however was far from easy aswell (look at jan 2005).

What we all need to remember is that we are only competing against those who are in the same year for uni places (mostly), thus if they start making all exams harder then the grades for uni should/will drop in accordance.
Reply 3
Thank you Gove!
Reply 4
Nah, Gove hasn't really done that much to the individual exams/boundaries. Exams this Jan were still piss easy and the grade boundaries haven't changed that much. Hopefully it'll be a different story this summer.
Reply 5
Original post by GeneralOJB
Nah, Gove hasn't really done that much to the individual exams/boundaries. Exams this Jan were still piss easy and the grade boundaries haven't changed that much. Hopefully it'll be a different story this summer.

This core 1 exams was about the same as most other core exams, some were easier and some were more difficult but this was around average however the grade boundaries are higher, to get an A now you need just over 85%.
Reply 6
Must of been one peasy exam
Reply 7
I feel sorry for those who did AQA FP1... 69/75 for an A.
Reply 8
Original post by 002
Was the exam really that easy in comparison to previous papers, or is this an example of Gove making it harder for students to get the top grades. From what I can remember from that exam, 64 seems way too high.

Link me to the paper if you can, although I think 64 for an A is average for core 1.

Original post by eimmas

My sister was fuming, at first she didn't believe me.
Reply 10
It's 58 for a B
Reply 11
Original post by eimmas

Dont get me started on that!
The average raw mark needed for an A for the past 17 Core 1 (AQA) exams is 61.
Original post by Robbie242
It's 58 for a B

Oh god, you had me worried there, it's 58 for an A on edexcel! It's all good, sorry if I caused any confusion
Reply 14
:frown: Only got 62/75 and B here, time to get preparing for a re take then. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending