The Student Room Group

Distance Learning Diploma - Right subject, no UCAS points.

Right, so I want to do an Outdoor Education degree, preferably at Liverpool John Moores, but I'm currently studying an L3 Extended Diploma in Music, which isn't a relevent subject area. I would consider switching to an enviromental science diploma, but none are offered in my area, however I found a distance learning L3 diploma in enviromental science offered by Oxford College. It looks perfect, but it doesn't carry any UCAS points. Would this still be worth doing to get considered for uni?

This is the diploma: http://shop.oxfordcollege.ac/level-3-diploma-courses-diploma-in-environmental-science-p-366.html
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by fooby
Right, so I want to do an Outdoor Education degree, preferably at Liverpool John Moores, but I'm currently studying an L3 Extended Diploma in Music, which isn't a relevent subject area. I would consider switching to an enviromental science diploma, but none are offered in my area, however I found a distance learning L3 diploma in enviromental science offered by Oxford College. It looks perfect, but it doesn't carry any UCAS points. Would this still be worth doing to get considered for uni?

This is the diploma: http://shop.oxfordcollege.ac/level-3-diploma-courses-diploma-in-environmental-science-p-366.html

I'd contact all the universities you wish to apply to or would consider, some might even consider the music thing, you never know until you ask.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Gummibaerchen
I'd contact all the universities you wish to apply to or would consider, some might even consider the music thing, you never know until you ask.
Good luck!
I have asked, the first response I got about whether my music diploma would be acceptable, they said it wouldn't be and I would need to do A-levels or an extended diploma in a relevent subject, and about this they said it didn't carry any UCAS points and so would not be worth much. However I also called the admissions team, and they told me that as long as I made it very clear that I have a strong interest and experience on the field of Outdoor Education that they would still consider me, and the Enviromental Science diploma is optional. I'm very confused as this was from the same uni, and I would like to boost my chances as much as possible.
Original post by fooby
I have asked, the first response I got about whether my music diploma would be acceptable, they said it wouldn't be and I would need to do A-levels or an extended diploma in a relevent subject, and about this they said it didn't carry any UCAS points and so would not be worth much. However I also called the admissions team, and they told me that as long as I made it very clear that I have a strong interest and experience on the field of Outdoor Education that they would still consider me, and the Enviromental Science diploma is optional. I'm very confused as this was from the same uni, and I would like to boost my chances as much as possible.

Hmm that is very confusing! Have you looked into doing an access course?

Quick Reply