The Student Room Group

Why are Muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mazy95
No that's not what I mean. How do you know they're terrorists?

Because right after they set off a bomb? Plus it's stated in the news..
Reply 81
Original post by TheHistoryStudent

As for sufficient proof Bin Laden and Al Qaeda did it well... what about the videos of Bin Laden which showed he had foreknowledge of the attacks, endorsing terrorism against America and so on? All Found in 2001 (though initially he seems to have denied Al Qaeda involvement in the attacks, later saying they did it in 2004, a point which is...odd to say the least, and could be *puts on tin foil hat* so that he could try and provoke further attacks by playing it up as a big Al Qaeda victory, even if it wasn't... honestly I don't know there) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11#al-Qaeda (not the best source I know, but I am currently working on an assignment and so I'm replying in between getting my work done.)

If it is genuinely accepted that they did it though, and quite a bit of evidence points in that direction (though I don't trust any confessions they extracted under torture, as that could just all be bull-****), then surely the burden of proof is on those who deviate from it (or at least, where the evidence points) to provide proof? If the evidence points to Al Qaeda, then surely those who claim they didn't need to prove otherwise?

All I'm trying to do is portion blame where blame is due, based on the evidence that is available, neither the US and it's allies or Al Qaeda are innocent in my view, but Al Qaeda and it's associates are worse I feel, because they actively set out to cause terrorism and destruction, whereas the US, even if it does happen on it's watch, does not deliberately intend to do this I think.

You're linking me to Wikipedia but you won't read the website that I posted? http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/06/15/osama-bin-laden-the-innocent-man-closing-the-case/
I asked you to provide me with sufficient evidence that 9/11 was carried about by Bin Laden/Al Qaeda. You didn't do that.

Osama Bin Laden:
“I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States.”
“Neither I had any knowledge of these attacks nor I consider the killing of innocent women, children, and other humans as an appreciable act. . Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children, and other people. Such a practice is forbidden ever in the course of a battle."

The last proven official words of Osama bin Laden, a man dying of advanced kidney disease are on the official CIA transcript and were gotten through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). His last official words were on September 24, 2001, two weeks after 9/11.

In 2005, when he claimed responsibility for the attack, he was 6 inches shorter with a different voice and some other inconsistencies that pointed to the fact that he was a clone/phony/fake. Straight after this video, Bush calls off the hunt for Bin Laden.
Bush accidentally claimed to have seen the first building being hit by the first plane when it wasn't even broadcast on TV. He had prior knowledge of it.

'The new “tame” bin Laden no longer says Israel was involved in 9/11. In fact, he seems to be an entirely different person. No more talk about the lying press or Israel’s control over the US or Americans wars fought for Israel. The new bin Laden is a simple ape, performing on command for the smirking chimp, conveniently timed terror threats, always ready to help out for elections or to help pass unconstitutional legislation pushing forward that “police state” agenda.'

Really, if you actually bother to read the link it will give you information on WHY the Americans would do such a thing. It's not all crap.

You feel the Al Qaeda and Bin Laden are to blame yet there is no proof against them. In fact, who has actually SEEN these people of Al Qaeda? As I mentioned before, the US and its allies are supporting 'Al Qaeda' in some countries whereas battling them in others. How does it make any sense? Every country the US has been in has turned into an absolute dump. More people have died than the 'evil dictators' have supposedly killed.
Motive? They had a huge motive. To invade countries in the name of 'War on terror'. After all, most Muslims countries are sitting on a lot of wealthy resources. But that wouldn't be the only reason.

I don't know how much you believe in Zionism but I think you should watch this and YES it is a YOUTUBE video of a documentary. Well researched.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS4gXCrYsfs
Reply 82
Original post by joja
I do think that muslims are given a bad name by a few extremists-and we need to see more muslims openly denounce these people and ban them from the mosques or what ever it takes.Also if Osama was alive I am sure a video would have surfaced by now showing him with 2 fingers stuck up at America.And thirdly the USA has plenty of its own oil, producing more than iran and iraq together and its only a matter of time before oil will be replaced by new advances and it will be totally useless to everyone.My worry with Afghanistan is what will happen to the women ? -look at the the way they were treated by the Taliban before the invasion-my cat has more legal rights in this country then they had then-and how can the world turn a blind eye to 50% of the population in the 21st century not being allowed to work , to be educated,has access to the same healthcare and even to go out on there own without a male relative-this backward attitude to women again reflects a bad light on muslims and is not what the true Islam religion was about

America does not have its 'own' oil. They get it from other countries. They also want the gold, diamonds, heroine etc from other countries. America may have plenty of oil now but they have more than twice the population of both Iran and Iraq put together.
How do the Taliban treat their women? If they can treat prisoners so well then I wonder how they treat their own? Ever heard of Yvonne Ridley? She converted to Islam after being released by the Taliban. Now she wears the Hijab and lives in a Western country. Who forced her to do so? Nobody so why do you people think that women are oppressed under the Taliban? In fact, most women are afraid of the Western soldiers invading their countries that have caused them to become widows. They are the reason that women can not leave their house, afraid of being raped or killed.
If a woman wants to walk around in a mini-skirt and have 'freedom' to chill with random men then by all means she can move to a Western country but America has no right to forcefully impose their 'democracy' on any country.
Reply 83
Original post by Rosaknows
Because right after they set off a bomb? Plus it's stated in the news..

Live coverage of terrorist activity.. gotta check this one out.
Extremists, suicide bombers, al quida and terrorism commited 9/11
Reply 85
It's not that Muslims are portrayed as terrorists, it's that terrorists are portrayed as Muslims.
Reply 86
Original post by Mazy95
America does not have its 'own' oil. They get it from other countries. They also want the gold, diamonds, heroine etc from other countries. America may have plenty of oil now but they have more than twice the population of both Iran and Iraq put together.
How do the Taliban treat their women? If they can treat prisoners so well then I wonder how they treat their own? Ever heard of Yvonne Ridley? She converted to Islam after being released by the Taliban. Now she wears the Hijab and lives in a Western country. Who forced her to do so? Nobody so why do you people think that women are oppressed under the Taliban? In fact, most women are afraid of the Western soldiers invading their countries that have caused them to become widows. They are the reason that women can not leave their house, afraid of being raped or killed.
If a woman wants to walk around in a mini-skirt and have 'freedom' to chill with random men then by all means she can move to a Western country but America has no right to forcefully impose their 'democracy' on any country.

women should have the same right to education,health care,employment and law whatever country they are in and that was not the case under the Taliban and quite frankly it is a disgrace-this argument that western woman somehow are unlucky in that they can choose what they wear,who they marry ,whether they work or not is quite frankly male Islamic propaganda-I know many Islamic women who are very unhappy with their lives and are becoming more western daily-good on them
Reply 87
Original post by joja
women should have the same right to education,health care,employment and law whatever country they are in and that was not the case under the Taliban and quite frankly it is a disgrace-this argument that western woman somehow are unlucky in that they can choose what they wear,who they marry ,whether they work or not is quite frankly male Islamic propaganda-I know many Islamic women who are very unhappy with their lives and are becoming more western daily-good on them

Pfft, that's their problem. I know many Muslim women who WANT to dress modestly and wear their Hijab. I also know that the vast majority of people who are converting to Islam are women. You people talk about freedom yet France has banned the Hijab and there are similar talks in other countries too such as Belgium, Italy, Denmark. Some have even enforced it.
Reply 88
Original post by Mazy95
Pfft, that's their problem. I know many Muslim women who WANT to dress modestly and wear their Hijab. I also know that the vast majority of people who are converting to Islam are women. You people talk about freedom yet France has banned the Hijab and there are similar talks in other countries too such as Belgium, Italy, Denmark. Some have even enforced it.

Well to be honest I think that would be a good idea-women can dress modestly without having to cover themselves from head to foot.If I was living in Saudia Arabia I would respect their culture and customs and wear appropriate dress-what you need to understand is that many western woman find the hijab and burka just as offensive as some people find the mini skirt.If people want to live a muslim life then surely it would be better to live in a muslim country where they would feel more comfortable-if they live in a western country they should respect that countries culture and dress modestly but more appropriately-
Reply 89
Original post by joja
Well to be honest I think that would be a good idea-women can dress modestly without having to cover themselves from head to foot.If I was living in Saudia Arabia I would respect their culture and customs and wear appropriate dress-what you need to understand is that many western woman find the hijab and burka just as offensive as some people find the mini skirt.If people want to live a muslim life then surely it would be better to live in a muslim country where they would feel more comfortable-if they live in a western country they should respect that countries culture and dress modestly but more appropriately-

You're all for freedom yet you think it's a good idea that the Hijab is banned? I'm going to start wearing a Hijab too. Am I oppressed?
Reply 90
Original post by Mazy95
You're all for freedom yet you think it's a good idea that the Hijab is banned? I'm going to start wearing a Hijab too. Am I oppressed?

No just misguided-it was only the wifes of Mohammed that were required to wear the veil and only to convey their special status
Reply 91
Original post by joja

Can you explain why would you find it offensive for someone to put more clothes on?
If its regarding 'security' reasons then that is understandable, but I see no reason to find it 'offensive' for someone to have more clothes on than others...
Reply 92
Original post by joja
No just misguided-it was only the wifes of Mohammed that were required to wear the veil and only to convey their special status

Are you for real? His wives are an example for Muslims.
Reply 93
Media brain washes everyone, 9/11 happens and suddenly Muslims get the blame, so what do America do? They go bomb Afghanistan , they have radar bombs and guns and start patrolling the streets of Afghan, for a futile cause. So where was osama? Oh he was in Pakistan a completely different country to Afghanistan, so why did they go Afghanistan when the main culprit wasn't when there? Oil
. Americas a greedy country and it will do whatever it can to make money, they know Afghanistan had an abundance of oil, so suddenly they make a cover story and attack Afghanistan. Sad truth. So many lives of innocence gone. You ***** have harmed many lives for money. Ohh I tell you the real terrorism is America, fuking bastarddds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by Atemukay
Media brain washes everyone, 9/11 happens and suddenly Muslims get the blame, so what do America do? They go bomb Afghanistan , they have radar bombs and guns and start patrolling the streets of Afghan, for a futile cause. So where was osama? Oh he was in Pakistan a completely different country to Afghanistan, so why did they go Afghanistan when the main culprit wasn't when there? Oil
. Americas a greedy country and it will do whatever it can to make money, they know Afghanistan had an abundance of oil, so suddenly they make a cover story and attack Afghanistan. Sad truth. So many lives of innocence gone. You ***** have harmed many lives for money. Ohh I tell you the real terrorism is America, fuking bastarddds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with you entirely, but you may want to remove the last two words of your post seeing as it's going to get removed other wise and you may be banned. Trust me, that's why I have 9 warning points! :wink:

And to add to your point, they also did the same with Iraq, they said that Iraq had nuclear weapons which they never found, as an excuse to steal their oil.
Reply 95
Original post by Atemukay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow....
Tell me good sir did you ever learn English in school, or any other subject for that matter as appear to have just demonstrated your ignorance in a fair few...
Reply 96
Original post by Danya1
I agree, and who the terrorist is not really even a question as such, it's pretty straight forward that America is causing more damage in this world than Muslim nations.
Unfortunately, many people are naive and do not realize this, instead they are misguided by the media.
Points to consider when calling Muslim's terrorists are:

The amount of people who have died in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan due to American troops

What was America's true motive when invading Iraq in the 90's (in my opinion, it was oil)

Why are they still in Afghanistan now that Osama Bin Laden is dead

American troops arent Iran genius.
Protect its ally and its economic interests
Because itll look very bad dumping on a country then walking out again plus the war on terror was not all about one man in case it had escaped your oh so smart mind.
Although Americas interest was probably oil you seem to be forgetting they got the Taliban and saddam Hussain out of power, that deserves respect. If they left those countries now they would fall apart and probably end up like they used to be so the whole war would have been for nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by cl_steele
Oh wow....
Tell me good sir did you ever learn English in school, or any other subject for that matter as appear to have just demonstrated your ignorance in a fair few...

good miss and i did study english at school and i got over 10 very good gcses and im studying a levels now :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by Minion
Can you explain why would you find it offensive for someone to put more clothes on?
If its regarding 'security' reasons then that is understandable, but I see no reason to find it 'offensive' for someone to have more clothes on than others...

If man was required to wear exactly the same clothes then it would be less offensive-it seems woman have to pay for the weakness of man-god created us and there is no shame in his creation-if man cannot control his lust at a glimpse of a knee or an elbow that that is his problem not womans-women have died over the centuries to try and create the equal society that they deserve and yes it offends me when I see this backward step

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending