The Student Room Group

A level History AQA (Making of modern Britain)

Does anyone have any resources ect that they could share?
Reply 1
Reply 2
Norman Lowe - Mastering Modern British History
Reply 3
Original post by Tabzqt
Norman Lowe - Mastering Modern British History

what about it?
Reply 4
Original post by yoyowoahwoah
what about it?

It's one of the best books on this particular period.
Reply 5
Original post by Tabzqt
It's one of the best books on this particular period.

Thank you :smile:
Anything else?
Im currently just using the core text book
Reply 6
Thank you :smile:
Anything else?
Im currently just using the core text book

Dominic Sandbrook
Eric J Evans
Peter Hennessy
Andrew Marr

Those authors all write very good books on this period
Reply 7
You could watch Andrew Marr: The Making of Modern Britain as it literally covers the exact course. You could take notes from him and any other historians/politicians and reference them in your answer. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by pgh
You could watch Andrew Marr: The Making of Modern Britain as it literally covers the exact course. You could take notes from him and any other historians/politicians and reference them in your answer. :smile:

Historiography- i suck at that, genuinely I have to brush up
Reply 9
Historiography- i suck at that, genuinely I have to brush up

well watching a tv show feels a lot less strenuous to me, and you can still get some pretty good information out of it, in my opinion, though andrew marr is painfully cringey in some parts :tongue:
Reply 10
You've got to read Kevin Jeffery's Finest and Darkest Hours! His book is absolutely brilliant; in concise, readable, chapter chunks he focuses on key events in each decade whilst making judgements on each leader/decade as a whole and giving the broader historical 'debate'- much to quote from too in a history essay.

Peter Clarke's book 'Hope and glory Britain' is also good - again less populist and journalistic than Marr.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Does anyone have any resources ect that they could share?

I really have no idea how to revise for this :P
can someone please explain to me in the most simplified way possible what happened in 1974 election? were there two elections or something? who won and why did they win? and which prime minister is for which party?
Reply 13
Does anyone have any links where I can watch the History of Modern Britain online? I've found one on Youtube but each episode is broken up into 6x10 minute clips

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending