The Student Room Group

Physics, Chemistry, Biology. Which one is your favourite?

Scroll to see replies

In terms of enjoying chem then Bio
In terms of how hard the same chem and then bio

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by madfish
I am not attacking science

I love science

I simply said biology alevel does not require as much thought than Physics or Chemistry

You obviously don't think so, so what. Go tell someone who actually cares about you and your feeble argument

Why are you so determined to have people recognise that biology is (in your opinion) inferior?

You cast your vote, you've given your reasons, can we please leave personal insults and all other unrelated comments to one side please.
Are we not all sixth form students (or higher) after all?
Physics is completely superior to both other sciences in every possible way.
Reply 63
Original post by PKMN TRN JAM
Why are you so determined to have people recognise that biology is (in your opinion) inferior?

You cast your vote, you've given your reasons, can we please leave personal insults and all other unrelated comments to one side please.
Are we not all sixth form students (or higher) after all?

Did you not read the last line of that comment? "go take your argument somewhere else"
Reply 64
Hate them all >_<
more of a maths fan and chilling out and drinking beer and playing football all the time :biggrin:
Reply 65
could we please have the "hate them all option" removed.

how could anyone hate science?
Physics :biggrin:

Then chemistry's ok, and bio's interesting but there's an impossible amount of learning involved so Indropped it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 67
defo chem for me and bits of biology- not plant or biotechnology etc more medical related
Original post by madfish
I am not attacking science I love scienceI simply said biology alevel does not require as much thought than Physics or Chemistry You obviously don't think so, so what. Go tell someone who actually cares about you and your feeble argument
Biology does not just require memorisation! As long as you understand something there is no need to memorise it, I only needed to memorise like a third of my biology syllabus. Just because you're sh*t at biology it doesn't mean the people who are good at it are stupid. :rolleyes:

EDIT: by the way, what grades are you getting in biology?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by tammie123
Biology does not just require memorisation! As long as you understand something there is no need to memorise it, I only needed to memorise like a third of my biology syllabus. Just because you're sh*t at biology it doesn't mean the people who are good at it are stupid. :rolleyes:

**** at Biology? Got an A* at GCSE and will probably do the same at Alevel :smile:

Also, I have an interest in Biology outside of school. I just don't particularly enjoy the Alevel Biology we do. Except the Biological molecules and Evolution topic, it's decent :smile:

EDIT: "biology doesn't require memorization".. really? Are you genuinely being serious here?
Reply 70
Biology erryday :yep:
Original post by madfish
**** at Biology? Got an A* at GCSE and will probably do the same at Alevel :smile:

Also, I have an interest in Biology outside of school. I just don't particularly enjoy the Alevel Biology we do. Except the Biological molecules and Evolution topic, it's decent :smile:

EDIT: "biology doesn't require memorization".. really? Are you genuinely being serious here?

GCSE biology was easy, what did you get in AS (or mocks if you haven't done it yet)? Just because you got an A* at GCSE it doesn't mean you'll get it in A level.

Hello, can you not read! I said biology does not just require memorization, I said as long as you understand it you only have to memorize a small fraction of the syllabus.
(edited 11 years ago)
Biology isn't just memorisation. At IB, we have to apply what we know in different contexts. It's hard.
Original post by Calllu-m
Biology isn't just memorisation. (...)

Agree! but in my opinion it should be more than merely theories on papers. What I like in natural science are experiments to find out answers by yourself. Moreover visualizations in videos are one of the important things in all kinds of natural science to show up laws of nature - or to give clearly answers in natural science at least.
Favourite - biology
Least favourite - chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Physics!
Original post by madfish
It's because there is no problem solving/thought process involved

Memorize this that and the other and viola... Have an A ****ing star

You genuinely think that biology at GCSE/AS level reflects what biology is like at upper levels?
I'm **** at them all, but if I had to choose it would probably be Biology, followed by Physics in a close second. Biology is pretty interesting, and a lot of it can be carried over to other subjects, like Psychology in a way, or even RE.
By far physics, mainly cos of the fact it's the most closely related to maths but still, I find it incredibly interesting. My worst is biology... Just hate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
I think deep down everybody knows Physics is the best science out of the list above, specifically theoretical physics, which out of all sciences can only be beaten by maths.

Quick Reply

Latest