The Student Room Group

This always happens

When I go out with a group of girls they get all personal and talk about their love lives. Today they ask me if I'm single and I say yes, next question how long you been single I reply with 5 years..."omg 5 years with no sex or hugs" and I reply with "I still get hugs and I haven't had sex". Im honestly glad I've waited and not slept with guys in the past and I don't mind talking about it. But these girls were so over the top and shouting omg you haven't had sex and one of them hadn't heard so they had to repeat it one more time just for her (rolls eyes). Then when sex was brought up its like one of the girls had to say "yeah everyone knows what I mean except you" she said at one point.
We were at a comedy show as well so sex came up a lot. I can laugh at stuff although I haven't had sex but I felt like I had to avoid eye contact with them.

I've never felt so alienated about it. Don't get me wrong they are cool girls and I know they meant no harm but it was unnecessary.

People are always like. Wow your 23 and still a Virgin. Just venting here c

Scroll to see replies

I guess that's what society is like, it is kinda crazy that you're 23 and haven't had sex though.

Well ****ing done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
When I go out with a group of girls they get all personal and talk about their love lives. Today they ask me if I'm single and I say yes, next question how long you been single I reply with 5 years..."omg 5 years with no sex or hugs" and I reply with "I still get hugs and I haven't had sex". Im honestly glad I've waited and not slept with guys in the past and I don't mind talking about it. But these girls were so over the top and shouting omg you haven't had sex and one of them hadn't heard so they had to repeat it one more time just for her (rolls eyes). Then when sex was brought up its like one of the girls had to say "yeah everyone knows what I mean except you" she said at one point.
We were at a comedy show as well so sex came up a lot. I can laugh at stuff although I haven't had sex but I felt like I had to avoid eye contact with them.

I've never felt so alienated about it. Don't get me wrong they are cool girls and I know they meant no harm but it was unnecessary.

It's bloody awesome that a girl would take the conscious decision not to have sex until she felt ready.

Besides, when the right guy comes along your virginity, (as awful as this may be), will be an asset.
Reply 3
I think that's pretty damn amazing, I mean some girls they don't give losing their virginity a second thought until after its gone, and really alot of people would respect you for it. These girls shouldn't have made you feel like that, I think it's generally just that they were in a group and it's all gossipy and you know how it goes lets all have a giggle, but really I'm sure that somewhere along the line they'll wish or maybe already have that they hadnt lost it or wonder whether they should have waited.
Reply 4

Heh actually reminds me of someone... which actually made me start thinking if I know you? :curious:
Reply 5
You've never had sex???
Reply 6
Original post by Zurvan
Heh actually reminds me of someone... which actually made me start thinking if I know you? :curious:

Lol I doubt it!
Reply 7
Original post by bluebirdxx
I think that's pretty damn amazing, I mean some girls they don't give losing their virginity a second thought until after its gone, and really alot of people would respect you for it. These girls shouldn't have made you feel like that, I think it's generally just that they were in a group and it's all gossipy and you know how it goes lets all have a giggle, but really I'm sure that somewhere along the line they'll wish or maybe already have that they hadnt lost it or wonder whether they should have waited.

I hear you. I would just never do that to anyone. At the end of the day they aren't really better of than me. Sure they have experience but a lot of it includes heartbreak (from what they said) which I have luckily escaped so far.
Reply 8
It's bloody awesome that a girl would take the conscious decision not to have sex until she felt ready.

Besides, when the right guy comes along your virginity, (as awful as this may be), will be an asset.

Thanks. Lets hope this guy comes along soon before I get too old lol
Reply 9
Original post by RemiMarcelle
I guess that's what society is like, it is kinda crazy that you're 23 and haven't had sex though.

Well ****ing done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't lie sometimes I think to myself wow you still haven't done it. The years have flown by! Soon I'm turning 24
Reply 10
Lol I doubt it!

Prove me otherwise. :smile:
I wonder if those girls are putting up such a front because maybe some of them are covering for the fact that THEY have never had sex.. you know, with them making such a big deal over it

But seriously, don't let them bother you they are being pathetic and well done for respecting yourself and waiting for the right person it's nothing to be ashamed of :smile:

x
Reply 12
Original post by Zurvan
Prove me otherwise. :smile:

I live in an igloo :P
Reply 13
Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla
I wonder if those girls are putting up such a front because maybe some of them are covering for the fact that THEY have never had sex.. you know, with them making such a big deal over it

But seriously, don't let them bother you they are being pathetic and well done for respecting yourself and waiting for the right person it's nothing to be ashamed of :smile:

x

I doubt it one has a kid lol but she was the nicer one. Who knows all I know is that they are not better off than I am. Of course experience wise yes but from they've said heartbreak has come with it. I've luckily escaped all that so far.
Find new friends, they seem like a bunch of immature b****s
Reply 15
Cooler girls would either say something positive about not having lost your virginity or say nothing about it at all.
I doubt it one has a kid lol but she was the nicer one. Who knows all I know is that they are not better off than I am. Of course experience wise yes but from they've said heartbreak has come with it. I've luckily escaped all that so far.

OK maybe not the old with the little 'un then :P
Yeah there is heartbreak with that sort of thing
Just don't feel pressured into giving it up because they have
You'll find the right person soon enough and be grateful that you waited :smile:
x
Reply 17
I live in an igloo :P

In Manchester by any chance?
Original post by Zurvan
In Manchester by any chance?

hahaaa, this made me laugh, Machesters weathers a frinking joke
Reply 19
Original post by JediArron
Find new friends, they seem like a bunch of immature b****s

They aren't friends, work colleagues.