The Student Room Group

The stupidity of girls.

Reading a few threads on here related to what boys prefer, and there was a few pictures of girls who looked insanely good looking, tight curvacous bums and quite frankly are really attractive.

What I cant quite seem to gather is the fact that as soon as there are pictures of girls like this it is automatically - PHOTOSHOPPED!!! REAL GIRLS ARENT LIKE THAT.

So real girls arent attractive?

It is easily achieveable to get bodies like that, goin a gym work hard and with some determination it WILL happen. Over time of course, but it WILL happen. Not everything is photoshopped.

Thats quite disrespectful to all the girls that have put in the work to achieve those types of body shapes. Now im not saying that photoshopping doesnt exist as it does, but dont assume that everything is photoshopped.

When you say real girls - is that slightly overweight, and droopy ass bum cheeks as im sorry girls that isnt attractive.

Its the same for muscular guys and skinny guys, youd choose the muscular guy over the skinny guy every time so dont get annoyed when guys are going gaga over girls with attractive bums and boobs.

Hate the term "real" as a substitute for less attractive almost as if the other girls are fake just because they've put in the hard work.

Im sorry but the "real" girl to me is someone who has chosen to better themselves and doesnt moan or complain or put other girls down based on their appearance, (im not saying i wont go out with someone who hasnt but id prefer someone who actually takes care of themselves) they may be better looking but they arent dis-respectful to girls who havent done the hard work. It almost comes across as very bitter/jealous when other girls say that they arent real. Believe me if you had a chance to wake up the next day with the same body you will NOT refuse.

Scroll to see replies

I suppose the same thing could be said about men. there is thread after thread made by men on here saying "girls... do you like my new hair style?" or "girls, do I look better now I have muscled up?" or "girls, do you like muscled or skinny guys?"

to be honest... it's all personal preference. Sure there are some men who look more attractive than others, but beauty is int he eye of the beholder. for instance. A lot of people like Peter Andre... I think he looks like a rat... and I DONT really like muscled men, I like skinny guys!

I do see what you mean about girls saying those things- and a lot of the time it is mainly because they are insecure with what they have been given to work with. We are our own harshest critics, and practically anyone will try and make up for their own deficiencies by making less positive observations about others; male OR female - no one is immune. There is a guy in my year who works out and is crazzzzily well muscled - what do all the other guys who work out part time say? "ooh he must be on steroids..."

I think it's just natural- of course its not really fair or right, but it's human nature.
Reply 2
Original post by Future African game vet
I suppose the same thing could be said about men. there is thread after thread made by men on here saying "girls... do you like my new hair style?" or "girls, do I look better now I have muscled up?" or "girls, do you like muscled or skinny guys?"

to be honest... it's all personal preference. Sure there are some men who look more attractive than others, but beauty is int he eye of the beholder. for instance. A lot of people like Peter Andre... I think he looks like a rat... and I DONT really like muscled men, I like skinny guys!

I do see what you mean about girls saying those things- and a lot of the time it is mainly because they are insecure with what they have been given to work with. We are our own harshest critics, and practically anyone will try and make up for their own deficiencies by making less positive observations about others; male OR female - no one is immune. There is a guy in my year who works out and is crazzzzily well muscled - what do all the other guys who work out part time say? "ooh he must be on steroids..."

I think it's just natural- of course its not really fair or right, but it's human nature.

I know and its extremely childish, Oh it MUST be photoshopped. Oh he MUST be on steriods.

I was just ranting, but that main crux of it, is that mostly girls, guys do it too but I think with guys another guys physique is "celebrated" I.e.: That guys a ****ing tank. Not oh hes fake, im sure some do but its different.

The mentality of most girls is bitter or jealousy, like you say beuty is in the eye of the beholder, but im certain considering the childish mentality of the other girls who are bitter would jump at the chance to have the same body shape as those they are crucifying.
I wouldn't necessarily say we're mostly all Bitter and jealous :p: I think it' more a case of society putting pressure on young women to look and act a certain way - it's more insecurity than anything. I think some people just need to find the confidence to accept what they have been given, to just work with it and be happy.
To be honest it is just what people prefer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I have to say, I do see so much

'Big girls are beautiful, we have curves, we're not little twigs!' and that sort of thing. For the supposedly less shallow sex a lot of girls do have quite the habit of putting others down to feel better about themselves.

Of course, the same is true of guys, but apart from the standard Muscle vs Skinny aka 'He's a roidhead knob' vs 'Skinny hipster fag' sort of thing, it's really no big thing for guys.
Reply 6
Original post by Steevee
I have to say, I do see so much

'Big girls are beautiful, we have curves, we're not little twigs!' and that sort of thing. For the supposedly less shallow sex a lot of girls do have quite the habit of putting others down to feel better about themselves.

Of course, the same is true of guys, but apart from the standard Muscle vs Skinny aka 'He's a roidhead knob' vs 'Skinny hipster fag' sort of thing, it's really no big thing for guys.

exactly. Spot on on both counts actually, guys dont really care much, or I dont see it that often, more like

"hes a good looking bastard, he must get a lot of pum"

Girls

"Shes so up herself look how attractive she is, I bet shes a slut"

Im generalizing here but still.
But, but, I like skinny guys.

Edit: That's just a waste of a good neg really
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by aspirinpharmacist

:beer:
Reply 9
Original post by aspirinpharmacist

I'm not saying it's all girls :smile:

Just that, you know, it does seem to happen quite a bit. I mean, I think girls are generally just as shallow about other girls as guys are, the obvious exception being a girl's friends, who are always beautiful no matter what xD
I think of forums like this people are way more critical than they are in real life. It's easy to sit and judge from behind a computer screen.

I also think that it's important to mention that men seem to put a lot more weight on women's physical appearance than women do. Women tend to have a much wider range of looks that they find attractive, whereas there appears to be a higher proportion of men who idealise on a narrower set of "agreed" attractive qualities.

Me for example, I DROPKICK (exaggeration I know) Mr universe to get closer to Mr androgynous. I REALLY dig that boyish, model look (not that I would get that sort of man, but he is the ideal aesthetic for me personally) over lots of body hair, muscles, chiselled jaws and other stereotypically masculine traits. I'm aware that my preferences go against the convention of what men think men should look like. I appreciate the time that goes into achieving a muscly body, but from a sexual impulse perspective, it just doesnt get me going. At all.

Some men LIKE really skinny women. Or like really fat women. And that's their real preference.

I don't think that those who have unusual preferences should be told that they're masking their true desires. It's an arrogant and patronising thing to do.

Young women can be bitchy to one another though, I admit. But just like everyone else, we all have our own ideas about female beauty as much as it is easier to expect everyone to agree on convention.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Steevee
I'm not saying it's all girls :smile:

Just that, you know, it does seem to happen quite a bit. I mean, I think girls are generally just as shallow about other girls as guys are, the obvious exception being a girl's friends, who are always beautiful no matter what xD

I don't automatically assume a girl's photoshopped if they have a good figure though, I mostly look at them and go "God I wish I had that figure, I should go to the gym, train for a marathon...oooh, half price pizza, gimme gimme gimme!" And my friends are beautiful.
Reply 12
That type of body is difficult to achieve. When I went to the gym I was fit and active but my body didn't look much different. Just like a normal slim body. To be quite honest I'm not going to waste my time trying to get a more attractive body. I'm healthy and happy. I don't expect my guy to be perfect so he shouldn't expect me to.
Reply 13
Original post by Eveiebaby
I think of forums like this people are way more critical than they are in real life. It's easy to sit and judge from behind a computer screen.

I also think that it's important to mention that men seem to put a lot more weight on women's physical appearance than women do. Women tend to have a much wider range of looks that they find attractive, whereas there appears to be a higher proportion of men who idealise on a narrower set of "agreed" attractive qualities.

Me for example, I DROPKICK (exaggeration I know) Mr universe to get closer to Mr androgynous. I REALLY dig that boyish, model look (not that I would get that sort of man, but he is the ideal aesthetic for me personally) over lots of body hair, muscles, chiselled jaws and other stereotypically masculine traits. I'm aware that my preferences go against the convention of what men think men should look like. I appreciate the time that goes into achieving a muscly body, but from a sexual impulse perspective, it just doesnt get me going. At all.

Some men LIKE really skinny women. Or like really fat women. And that's their real preference.

I don't think that those who have unusual preferences should be told that they're masking their true desires. It's an arrogant and patronising thing to do.

Young women can be bitchy to one another though, I admit. But just like everyone else, we all have our own ideas about female beauty as much as it is easier to expect everyone to agree on convention.

Everyone has peferences, me for example i like a small petite girl, boobs doesnt really matter THAT much as the two girls ive liked most recently dont have that much there, they arent flat chested by any stretch of the imagination but they werent floatation devices either, with small bums.

Now im not going to date someone who has a larger waist than me, its going to sound quite bad but I'd like a girl whos waist is smaller than my own, its just unnatural to spoon when the girls bum is bigger than your waist. lol

But thats just my personal preference, I dont think men put much of a "prefernce expectation" on the women, I think its girls self imposed thoughts that are assuming that guys expect girls to look a certain way as most of us dont.

But slating and almost abusing girls who are attractive and put in the hard work is very childish and from their stand point insecure, almost as if if I cant have that look no one can and anyone who has achieved that look is false.
Reply 14
Original post by pandabird
That type of body is difficult to achieve. When I went to the gym I was fit and active but my body didn't look much different. Just like a normal slim body. To be quite honest I'm not going to waste my time trying to get a more attractive body. I'm healthy and happy. I don't expect my guy to be perfect so he shouldn't expect me to.

Its not hard if you know what your doing, its all down to the nutrition, I can lift weights all day every day and I wont get any bigger if my body isnt getting the nutrition that it needs to gain muscle, its all about the calories. Calorie Maintenance, Calorie Deficits, Calorie Surplus and all that jazz but thats another thread. But it takes TIME, and dedication it wont happen over night.

I dont think anyone is expecting anyone to be perfect, but those who achieve near perfection as I dont think anyone can be perfect - thats fair enough if you've decided to quit as everyone has their own choices in life and if your guy likes you for who you are, - which he should. Then thats cool.

Its just I dont like it when other girls put down or assume that its fake when someone has achieved it. Its like stop being so childish.
Original post by Cheech23
Everyone has peferences, me for example i like a small petite girl, boobs doesnt really matter THAT much as the two girls ive liked most recently dont have that much there, they arent flat chested by any stretch of the imagination but they werent floatation devices either, with small bums.

Now im not going to date someone who has a larger waist than me, its going to sound quite bad but I'd like a girl whos waist is smaller than my own, its just unnatural to spoon when the girls bum is bigger than your waist. lol

But thats just my personal preference, I dont think men put much of a "prefernce expectation" on the women, I think its girls self imposed thoughts that are assuming that guys expect girls to look a certain way as most of us dont.

But slating and almost abusing girls who are attractive and put in the hard work is very childish and from their stand point insecure, almost as if if I cant have that look no one can and anyone who has achieved that look is false.

Bolded - I can see your point, but some women don't think that the athletic look is attractive in other women. This is my particular point. Just because you see it as attractive does not make it universal or a "correct" opinion.

Anyway, my previous point in my long spiele is partly moot, because I am dating someone who is quite muscly currently, but he also seems to be one of the more gentlemanly and kind guys around me. I'm not militant about the body shape of those I date and I think you'll find that straight/bisexual women are more flexible on looks of the opposite sex than men, despite seeming harsh to our fellow sisters.

Women and men are different. Yes you might not understand it, but well....best to get used to it really.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Cheech23
Reading a few threads on here related to what boys prefer, and there was a few pictures of girls who looked insanely good looking, tight curvacous bums and quite frankly are really attractive.

What I cant quite seem to gather is the fact that as soon as there are pictures of girls like this it is automatically - PHOTOSHOPPED!!! REAL GIRLS ARENT LIKE THAT.

So real girls arent attractive?

It is easily achieveable to get bodies like that, goin a gym work hard and with some determination it WILL happen. Over time of course, but it WILL happen. Not everything is photoshopped.

Thats quite disrespectful to all the girls that have put in the work to achieve those types of body shapes. Now im not saying that photoshopping doesnt exist as it does, but dont assume that everything is photoshopped.

When you say real girls - is that slightly overweight, and droopy ass bum cheeks as im sorry girls that isnt attractive.

Its the same for muscular guys and skinny guys, youd choose the muscular guy over the skinny guy every time so dont get annoyed when guys are going gaga over girls with attractive bums and boobs.

Hate the term "real" as a substitute for less attractive almost as if the other girls are fake just because they've put in the hard work.

Im sorry but the "real" girl to me is someone who has chosen to better themselves and doesnt moan or complain or put other girls down based on their appearance, (im not saying i wont go out with someone who hasnt but id prefer someone who actually takes care of themselves) they may be better looking but they arent dis-respectful to girls who havent done the hard work. It almost comes across as very bitter/jealous when other girls say that they arent real. Believe me if you had a chance to wake up the next day with the same body you will NOT refuse.

I think I get what you mean. I'm naturally slim and it always annoys me when people use the words "real" women. Its like am I not real enough for you. These sorts of people are always saying that people come in all shapes and sizes but they often fail to realise how contradictory they are when they are saying this. Being slim is a shape and size, you don't have to starve yourself to be slim. Admittedly some of the runway models are underweight but I feel its just as unhealthy to be overweight and saying its just curves
Reply 17
Original post by Eveiebaby
Bolded - I can see your point, but some women don't think that the athletic look is attractive in other women. This is my particular point. Just because you see it as attractive does not make it universal opinion.

Anyway, my previous point in my long spiele is partly moot, because I am dating someone who is quite muscly currently, but he also seems to be one of the more gentlemanly and kind guys around me. I'm not militant about the body shape of those I date and I think you'll find that straight/bisexual women are more flexible on looks of the opposite sex than men, despite seeming harsh to our fellow sisters.

Women and men are different. Yes you might not understand it, but well....best to get used to it really.

Im sorry what? who said i didnt understand it.

Im just perplexed by the supposed "Less Shallow Gender" being arguably more shallow. Hence all the insecure comments of "PHOTOSHOPPED" when there is an attractive girl photo.
I think alot of women feel pressured, I know that ive struggled with my weight being a tall girl im alot heavier than my small friends. I think its a case of the grass is always greener on the otherside if your lucky enough to be very slender then maybe youd envy say women who are a bit bigger for a certain reason I dont know a bigger bum or something and if your a bigger women you may envy the smaller girls for their toned tummies or what not. I think media has alot to do with this you open a magazine and every single womens magazine has an article on 'the perfect body' 'how to diet' its everywhere you look.

There is far to much pressure on women everybody is different im 5ft11 so I weigh 10 stone yet my 5ft2 friend weighs 7 stone it doesnt mean im fat and shes skinny or it doesnt mean shes to underweight and im perfect or what not. I think we all need to realise women have different bodies we should just embrace who and what we are aslong as your happy and healthy who cares
Reply 19
Original post by heirloom
I think I get what you mean. I'm naturally slim and it always annoys me when people use the words "real" women. Its like am I not real enough for you. These sorts of people are always saying that people come in all shapes and sizes but they often fail to realise how contradictory they are when they are saying this. Being slim is a shape and size, you don't have to starve yourself to be slim. Admittedly some of the runway models are underweight but I feel its just as unhealthy to be overweight and saying its just curves

exactly!!

I hate the term "real" too. Almost as if a real women is those who has curves and a muffin top etc etc. Its like what? Your no more real than the girl that your slating.

Slim is not skinny.
Curvy is not fat.
But dont use curvy as an excuse if your overweight.
Dont use slim as an excuse for being underweight either though.

I agree some runway models are underweight its unsightly but some of them are really nice too!

Latest

Trending

Trending