The Student Room Group

gutteD

Really quite gutted I got a D in my Modern History AS exam. I was only 4 marks off a C as well! :frown: I guess I could look at it that I did good for my first AS exam, but then again, I feel so thick compared to all of my friends that got C's and above :frown: I just hope I can re-sit.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well aren't you just a lovely person.
Original post by meganmatthias
Really quite gutted I got a D in my Modern History AS exam. I was only 4 marks off a C as well! :frown: I guess I could look at it that I did good for my first AS exam, but then again, I feel so thick compared to all of my friends that got C's and above :frown: I just hope I can re-sit.

Ignore Azarimanka, she trolls quite alot on the threads anyway.

Also, don't be too despondent, Jan exams tend to be rough, you WILL perform better in the June exams :hugs:
Reply 3
Looks like his posts have been removed now, haha!
Aw thank you! Well, fingers crossed. (yn)
My post was deleted -It was directed at Azarimanka-so I'll make it more relevant.

Don't worry loads of people don't do that well in their first exam and history needs a really good exam technique to do well. It might be worth getting your paper or a photocopy back to see what went wrong.

A level exams are different to GCSE's, it takes a while to get used to them.
Reply 5
I think the question is, why am I wasting my time talking to some 'post troller' who, in fact, is not funny or relevant to this post? Grow up.
Reply 6
Who said I wanted to go to uni? Just go away.
Reply 7
You didn't work hard enough, your own fault so stop looking for sympathy. D is awful
Reply 8
I'm so upset. I'm in yr 11, did Environmental Studies AS, got a D. Did GCSE physics, B (but I believe I can improve this)

I don't understand how I got a D, I did all the revision I could. 2 people got Bs, 2 Us and rest Cs and Ds. The grade boundaries were also so close.

Does this mean I'm going to fail my A levels when I start them next year?? I want to get AAA (to study medicine) but now I'm starting to think thats an impossibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a D in Sociology and an E in Psychology.
The highest grade in my sociology class was a D.. So many people got U's.. No one has a clue what has happened with the results.
I was even predicted good grades and got great scores in my mocks.
I'm so disappointed. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by AaronHarding123
I got a D in Sociology and an E in Psychology.
The highest grade in my sociology class was a D.. So many people got U's.. No one has a clue what has happened with the results.
I was even predicted good grades and got great scores in my mocks.
I'm so disappointed. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awh no! Are you going to re-sit? Maybe have a word with your teacher?
To the OP, last year my school decided year 12's wouldn't sit January exams because how awful people tend to do in them. Loads of people end up underperforming, and I've heard of so many people who clutch it all back in the summer and you're perfectly able to do so.

Work hard for the Summer, good luck!
Reply 12
Original post by Miracle Day
To the OP, last year my school decided year 12's wouldn't sit January exams because how awful people tend to do in them. Loads of people end up underperforming, and I've heard of so many people who clutch it all back in the summer and you're perfectly able to do so.

Work hard for the Summer, good luck!

That's wha I'm planning on doing. Thank you!
Reply 13

what exam and board did you take? I just resat a history paper and didn't do as well as predicted... I did an OCR historical documentation paper for modern history
You can resit and I am sure you will improve :smile:

Ignore the ones who are less encouraging on topics like these. Or who can't even understand the fact you aren't even asking for sympathy.

I got D's in my units for my AS and bumped them up to B's & C's during my resits in the summer. Shows nothing is impossible when you have the right attitude and the commitment to try and get where you want to get :smile: For many year 12 the jump from GCSE to A Level is definitely great. But if you know your mistake and learn from them then you will succeed :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by emma2013
what exam and board did you take? I just resat a history paper and didn't do as well as predicted... I did an OCR historical documentation paper for modern history

I did the WJEC History HY1 paper. Europ 1877-1989. No neither did I, but I'll re-sit to bump up my grade :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by MangaDreams
You can resit and I am sure you will improve :smile:

Ignore the ones who are less encouraging on topics like these. Or who can't even understand the fact you aren't even asking for sympathy.

I got D's in my units for my AS and bumped them up to B's & C's during my resits in the summer. Shows nothing is impossible when you have the right attitude and the commitment to try and get where you want to get :smile: For many year 12 the jump from GCSE to A Level is definitely great. But if you know your mistake and learn from them then you will succeed :biggrin:

Exactly what I was thinking/saying! Thank you :biggrin:

Don't worry, you can resit and you'll probably get much better.

All but 3 of my history class resat and they basically all went up - quite a few went up 2 or 3 grades!

Similarly, a bunch of people from English Language resat...my friend got an A and she got either a C or a D last year I think.

I also know someone who resat a science unit and went up from a U to a B!

People generally improve, it's getting used to it and getting that reality check and understanding what you need to do.
Reply 18
I did the WJEC History HY1 paper. Europ 1877-1989. No neither did I, but I'll re-sit to bump up my grade :smile:

I'm going to have to try remark :/ it was already a resit for me, so if I retake it again I'll lose my original mark, which although was neither what I was predicted or need for uni was better than what I got back today!
Original post by e1usive
Agreed. If you get a D, no offence your not clever in the slightest.

I think you're* just proving that you're* not intelligent anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest