The Student Room Group

Why are Muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Azarimanka

The lack of a central figure in islam is very dangerous.

The central figure is the caliph.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
Because the suicide bomber interprets what they do as martyrdom. You don't. That's fair enough. But you can't say there isn't a problem when people who are following their interpretation of Islam do that.

Show me a suicide bomber who has used verses 4:74 and 9:111 as his/her justification for a suicide bombing.

The lack of a central figure in islam is very dangerous.

And the chapter and verse for rape victims are punished by death in the Quran?
Reply 142
Original post by Elsagatehouse
Your a f....king ignoramus, the only filth around here is yourself, how brave , while you live in a society that's tolerant and reasoning. if you want to do some "destroying" why don't you join
the "jihad " in the country's whose Ideals you uphold ! Oh no that would require some integrity and bravery and your having it to good here with your comfortable life. A...hole

I have no idea what you're trying to say, sounds like utter garbage to me, just where you belong. In the mean time go look up what jihad actually means because it dosen't always mean war.
Original post by TheStudent.
If someone keeps telling you something, then eventually you're going to believe it - regardless of whether its true or not. I blame the media. But rizzl8 is right, if Islam didn't exist, then they'd just find another religion to hate on.

Lest we forget it was te Jewish before us. I agree It's always one group or another.
Becoos only 6 cooperations own all the media, maybez?
Reply 145
Original post by Dragonfly07
It doesn't matter. My point was that America hasn't invaded the wrong country (like the other poster was suggesting). The fact that they had to travel to Afghanistan in order to commit acts of terrorism means that Saudi Arabia didn't harbour much opportunity fr terrorism for them.

Or it suggests that they were already indoctrinated by the American backed Saudi's who preach and practice a message (Wahabism) which is anathemic to the Americans themselves. Ironic, huh?
Original post by TheFrozenLake.
I'll try once more.

Fine, I'll do it.

Where in Islam is executing rape victims condoned?

As far as I am aware, there is no direct punishment for being raped.

That said, because there are rules laid out on how to prove rape, and also how to punish adultery. A rape victim will get punished for adultery if rape cannot be proven.

Where in Islam is suicide bombing condoned?

Although Islam doesnt explicitly support suicide bombing, as the concept was not around at the time. It does support martyrism.

Qur'an (4:74)
Qur'an (61:10-12)

Sahih Muslim: Book 020, Number 4679
Sahih Muslim: Book 020, Number 4681

These are just a few random example of support for dying 'for the cause' or for allah. Considering that it is stated that other sins will be forgiven for such an act, then it can easily be interpreted as justifying killing for the 'cause'. It is of no difficulty to find justification of martyrism in Islam.
Reply 147
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Fine, I'll do it.

That said, because there are rules laid out on how to prove rape, and also how to punish adultery. A rape victim will get punished for adultery if rape cannot be proven.

Although Islam doesnt explicitly support suicide bombing, as the concept was not around at the time. It does support martyrism.

These are just a few random example of support for dying 'for the cause' or for allah. Considering that it is stated that other sins will be forgiven for such an act, then it can easily be interpreted as justifying killing for the 'cause'. It is of no difficulty to find justification of martyrism in Islam.

Wooooaaah, careful there. Martyrism is different to the genocide of innocents, and also different to suicide.

Here is the actual response according to Islam:
Martyr - revered.
Suicide bomber, serial killer, terrorist, etc. - condemnation, rebuttal, disownment. A typical Brit Muslim: "you dumb blud??"
(edited 11 years ago)
Fine, I'll do it.

That said, because there are rules laid out on how to prove rape,

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The scholars (Founders of school of thoughts) are unanimously agreed that the rapist is to be subjected to the hadd punishment if there is clear evidence against him that he deserves the hadd punishment, or if he admits to that. Otherwise, he is to be punished (i.e., if there is no proof that the hadd punishment for zina may be carried out against him because he does not confess, and there are not four witnesses, then the judge may punish him and stipulate a punishment that will deter him and others like him). There is no punishment for the woman if it is true that he forced her and overpowered her, which may be proven by her screaming and shouting for help. End quote.

A rape victim will get punished for adultery if rape cannot be proven.

So a detterent for false accusations, They have the ability to ruin some men's lives.

Although Islam doesnt explicitly support suicide bombing, as the concept was not around at the time.

It doesn't matter if suicide bombing was not around at the time, If suicide itself is a major sin, Then so is suicide bombing, However much people try and justify it.

It does support martyrism.

Yes.

If you do care to look back, I was not asking for justification of martyrdom in Islam, But answers to the following two questions.

Who is a martyr in Islam?

What are the ways one can become a martyr?

Since you want to use martyrdom in the context of a physical jihad, Then what are the grounds for a physical jihad to be declared?

If a jihad is null and void, Then are they martyrs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fine, I'll do it.

Rape is a crime and hence dealt with and investigated the same way of any other crime. To allege rape means a woman or a man (since this can happen to men too) need to prove the incident. Given the advancement of technology and medicine today, physical examination today can show whether sexual intercourse happened by agreement or by force. To prove a particular person is he who did it, that needs DNA. There are some other proof too that can be used to support the case of the raped such as tapes, recordings, eye-witness and etc. This is, however, a matter of dispute among scholars as they consider such proof as supportive proof but not definite evidence. The majority of scholars do not accept these kind of evidence unless there is 4 witness or the rapist admits his crime. This does not mean the rapist will get away of his crime should such evidence have been presented (depending on what kind of proof is there) because though he may escape the crime of rape but he will not escape the crime of Hirabah (taking something wrongfully by force.) which can be death penalty sometimes.

These cases are complex in nature and so each case is dealt with on case by case.

The punishment is to be carried out on the rapist and there is no punishment for the woman who has been raped, whatever the case. (Imam Maalik, Al-Muwatta', Volume 2, page 734)

http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showthread.php?t=14024

Also on suicide bombing:

[video="youtube;nPa0sphrTr4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPa0sphrTr4[/video]

[video="youtube;5dItUAwwr_o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dItUAwwr_o[/video]

[video="youtube;SsvWqEyxqvQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsvWqEyxqvQ[/video]
(edited 11 years ago)
The central figure is the caliph.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And who is the current caliph?
And who is the current caliph?

There isn't a current caliph.

Was pointing out that a caliph is a central figure in Islam.

So at the moment, There is no central figure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Original post by Danya1
As a matter of fact, it's b*ll sh**ers like you that spread hatred through pure ignorance and the world would be much better without people like you. I don't mind if you disagree with my opinion but at least don't spread BS like that. And I will repeat, so called Muslims killed 3000 in 9/11 whereas America killed 288,000 (and counting) by 2009. Who's more violent now?

The USA has killed very very few innocent people in the Middle East. The USA is helping stabilize the Middle East. They should be thanking us, not killing us. They need to stop killing innocent Americans.
Reply 153
Original post by Mazy95
Can you give me names of a couple of 'terrorists' that were killed by these drone attacks apart from women and children? .
Anwar al-Awlaki , Mohamed el Sayed, for a start. Two Saudi Al-quaeda arabia commanders hit just yesterday - there have been countless islamists been blown up by drones in middle east, afganistan and paksitan, clearly you have no clue about. .Now name just ONE person that an Islamist has killed that wasnt an innocent civilian? Then tell me who is worse
Original post by Mazy95
Give me names of a couple of countries that America has attacked which has given a good result. Let's see, Libya was a wonderful place and now is a dump. Syria was fine and is slowly becoming a dump. Afghanistan was fine and now more and more people are dying. More people died due to Westerners invading Iraq than how many they claimed Saddam Hussain had killed. Iran is having a hard time even treating their patients in hospitals because of US imposed sanctions. .
Yes of course, claerly all these places were wonderful beforehand:rolleyes: - apart form the fact that muslims in syria, libya etc have begged USA for their military intervention. Saddam gassed kurds and killed hundred so fthousands- something it seems you dont want to comment on, Islamist terrorists killed more in iraq than any that died in the invasion . For the record, i dont think any western power should get involved in any of these places- they are simply islamists killing other islamists, they have been doing that for over a thousnad years. USA should only respond when islamists start attacking others. But clearly your impression of the real world is warped.
Original post by Mazy95
You're giving the example of what happened in Pakistan. How could the Pakistanis have handed over Bin Laden when he wasn't even there? .
EH? bin laden was found sitting in a million dollar house down the road form the Pakistan Intelligence headquarter. Afgan Talenban pointblank refusd to hand over bin laden after 9-11 attacks and gave him shleter. There is your answer, usa were given no choice. It is this complicity of muslims with terrorism you are now describing that is the reason of islams image in the media is it not.
Original post by Mazy95
It's not like Americans didn't wipe out an entire nation to sit on their land and it's not like the early Europeans started the slave trade which involved many kind of tortures for Black people. Imperialism is in their history.
dont go off the topic, is this about islamic terrorism or colonial past? You dont think islam had its hand in slave trade or colonies too lol, much more than USA? do some reading about it.
There isn't a current caliph.

Was pointing out that a caliph is a central figure in Islam.

So at the moment, There is no central figure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Point made.
Original post by DYKWIA
The USA has killed very very few innocent people in the Middle East. The USA is helping stabilize the Middle East.

Power of propaganda, Never knew **** was this bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 156
Original post by DYKWIA
The USA has killed very very few innocent people in the Middle East. The USA is helping stabilize the Middle East. They should be thanking us, not killing us. They need to stop killing innocent Americans.

Well I can certainly see why you have so many red gems. You are extremely naive and ignorant and mindless. It is clear to even a fool that the USA is not stabilizing the Middle East and that they have killed many innocent people!
Reply 157
Original post by Danya1
BTW, Lets not forget that Usama Bin Laden was originally trained by the CIA to fight Russia. Hence it is arguable that they bought it on themselves. As well as this, it is important to point out that if they were prepared to 'unleash' Usama Bin Laden on Russia, then in a way, serves them right in every sense that they were attacked. What goes around comes around.
so they trained him, now they put a bullet in his face, so they tidied up their own mess didnt they.lets not foget it was afgani moslems that begged USA to help them fight the russians in the first place, without usa, afgan would be a communist colony. This international politics. Doesnt mean usa or anyone else will stand back and let islamists attack people without consequence.
Reply 158
Original post by ash92:)
1. As a result of muslim's crimes? Do these people follow Islam or go against it? I have explained many times on this forum that this is contradictory to their announced religion. 2. Your post just reinforced my statement about naivety. 3. What's to say that these attacks are actually caused by such criminal organisations? One needs only to see the map and mark off the countries that are in conflict, they all surround Saudi Arabia rather conveniently. The only country that resisted is Iran. There is, quite blatantly, more than meets the eye. This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Not really, what is apparent from this thread is simply that moslems here will ignore what is meeting the eye and what is not. largely they are defending actions of terrorists and islamists, purely on some twisted form of loyalty, instead of condemning them as the rest of the planet does. hence the reputation in the media etc. if it were non moslem terrorists doing these same crimes, they would denounce. but they cannot denounce other moslems or anything islamic, whether it is terorsim or not- becuase of these wraped world view. It is proven by reponses in this thread, people are trying to claim a false moral superiority in all current wars and conflicts moslems are invloved in around the world (and there are a lot). However in most cases none of it is reality and you cannot fool me. I have not claimed USA is perfect - but your default position is you would rather condemn the usa than a terorrist who attacks people whilst shouting some chant from the koran - this is a wrong and illogical view on world events.
Reply 159
Original post by Algorithm69
Then you are truly a testament to the awful state of public education.

Then you can blame the government for that, not me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending