The Student Room Group

Ocr f324 chemistry exam results!!!!

Just me who got an unbelievably lower score than expected on this exam?!??
In the practice papers I was getting around 70-80% and I came out in the real thing with an E!!!!
Most of my year have done terribly in this exam :frown:
What grades did everyone else get?
I did about as expected, 86/90 (my best January result :biggrin: )
However, I think a few people in my school did worse than expected. It was a relatively tough paper, but the grade boundaries were still very high.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by PythianLegume
I did about as expected, 86/90 (my best January result :biggrin: )
However, I think a few people in my school did worse than expected. It was a relatively tough paper, but the grade boundaries were still very high.

OMG man how? Really happy for you...wish I did that well.
Have you got any tips on how to do well in a subject like chemistry? Like how do you write notes...in class, keep teacher notes or just read the book? And do you do a lot of past papers and questions? I am planning on resitting in june and really want to improve no matter what it takes. My social life? SO BE IT XD
Reply 3
Omg was this the ocr salters b paper? If so wdf was that about everyone in my school did really bad!
Reply 4
Original post by soso96
Omg was this the ocr salters b paper? If so wdf was that about everyone in my school did really bad!

No sorry this is OCR chemistry A syllabus.
Reply 5
Either way ocr results apparently came back really bad!
Got 90/90! So happy!!
Original post by Gulzar
OMG man how? Really happy for you...wish I did that well.
Have you got any tips on how to do well in a subject like chemistry? Like how do you write notes...in class, keep teacher notes or just read the book? And do you do a lot of past papers and questions? I am planning on resitting in june and really want to improve no matter what it takes. My social life? SO BE IT XD

Just do loads of past questions. My teacher is really good for that - people hate her for setting so many questions, but it really gets the message and the techniques firmly rooted in your brain. also, make sure you actually understand the material. In my experience, loads of people attempt to memorise the syllabus without actually understanding it, which is always going to lead to brain overload.
Reply 8
Original post by awilson008
Got 90/90! So happy!!

That is ****ing awesome :smile:
Do you have any tips or techniques of studying? Many people say do loads of practice questions. How do you write notes? Do you go home and write your own?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending