The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bulbasaur
Damn. I got a B in my geog exam too, except even people who got awful grades last year got As. I thought i aced it. Getting a remark.

I scraped an A* in C3 somehow though, how's your other subjects looking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grim, no other word for it. I'll get my papers back and remarked and retaken and I'll sue Michael Gove for all he's worth :tongue:
Reply 1921
I got an A* overall in maths (600/600). :smile: Cambridge feels so close I can almost touch it! :moon:
Original post by St. Brynjar
Grim, no other word for it. I'll get my papers back and remarked and retaken and I'll sue Michael Gove for all he's worth :tongue:

Its so bizarre, your marks were amazing last year. Good luck, you really deserve to get in so hope it goes well :smile:

It seems like everyone's been screwed over in some way this time around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a 72/80 for English Lit coursework. Not bad, but I honestly hoped for better - it keeps the pressure on for the summer exam now.
Original post by Meg94
I got an A* overall in maths (600/600). :smile: Cambridge feels so close I can almost touch it! :moon:

I'm not familiar with A levels (that much),
how likely is it to get 600/600?
Is that mind-blowing, or standard for Cambridge student?
Reply 1925
Anyone with an offer for human, social and political sciences??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cocoflow

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a PBS offer so pretty much HSPS with just a few more psych modules. Do you have an offer?
Original post by I am Ace

Mindblowing. But I think still a significant portion of Cambridge maths/natsci/engineering students would get that score. I mean, if these 600/600 people are going to be anywhere, it's gonna be Cambridge...
Mindblowing. But I think still a significant portion of Cambridge maths/natsci/engineering students would get that score. I mean, if these 600/600 people are going to be anywhere, it's gonna be Cambridge...

What percentage of Cambridge mathematicians, engineers and Nat Sci's would get that percentage, would you say?
A major minority like 25% or less?
What percentage of Cambridge mathematicians, engineers and Nat Sci's would get that percentage, would you say?
A major minority like 25% or less?

Nothing that high. Probably something like 3-4%. But it's hard to say.
Nothing that high. Probably something like 3-4%. But it's hard to say.

3-4% of Cambridge students?
Holy ****, all hail.
Original post by member591354
How well did you do this January, people? :biggrin: I feel closer to getting an A* now in one of my subjects seeing as I need to scrape an A next time to get an A*! Another subject requires just over 90 to get the A*, so that was disappointing... Anyway, good luck everyone!

Got full marks in C3, M1, M3, and Physics, 96% in S2 and 92% in M2.
Finally firmed Cambridge on Track!
3-4% of Cambridge students?
Holy ****, all hail.

Haha, not all. But like, in the sciences I'm guessing its not too uncommon. No clue how anyone would manage it though.
Reply 1934
Original post by cocoflow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, me :smile:
Reply 1935

It shows you that the person has meticulous exam technique, but the majority of people will end up making a mistake somewhere. For example there are several marks I've lost over maths and further maths that I honestly have no clue how I lost. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority had over 95 though.
Reply 1936
Anyone going to Wolfson College?
Reply 1937
Original post by dddrozario
Phys - hopefully chemistry, you? Gotta get A*A*A first though haha. :/

Bio - eventually neuoscience if it all goes well! Two A*s? Ouch. Got A*AA and an a in AS further maths :P How'd you do Jan exams wise?
Reply 1938
Original post by DJMayes
Got full marks in C3, M1, M3, and Physics, 96% in S2 and 92% in M2.

Congrats on those! You beat me in everything :rolleyes:
Original post by und
It shows you that the person has meticulous exam technique, but the majority of people will end up making a mistake somewhere. For example there are several marks I've lost over maths and further maths that I honestly have no clue how I lost. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority had over 95 though.

I think meticulous exam technique is a good description.
Maths can certainly be a test of not making stupid mistakes.
I wonder what might be good practice to obtain meticulous exam technique

Latest

Trending

Trending