The Student Room Group

Thursday 7th March 2013 Sociology results!!

So last year I didn't do too well in sociology. I resat and got a C in SCLY1 (families and households) 50/80, an A in SCLY2 (education with research methods) 114/120, and a C in SCLY3 (beliefs in society) 54/80.

The C I got in SCLY3 was 2 marks off a B and the A I got in SCLY2 was a very high A, however the C I got in SCLY1 was a low C, just 2 marks above the C grade boundary :frown: Just wondered if any of you had any advice for me? Whether you think I should resit any of the modules because I know SCLY4 (crime and deviance) is really hard. I need to get a B and I worked out that I only need to get 62/120 in the crime & deviance module to get a B overall. So what do you guys think?
Reply 1
Don't resit, its just added stress! I'm sure if you work hard and focus on this upcoming exam you will pass.
Reply 2
Original post by sportykat123
So last year I didn't do too well in sociology. I resat and got a C in SCLY1 (families and households) 50/80, an A in SCLY2 (education with research methods) 114/120, and a C in SCLY3 (beliefs in society) 54/80.

The C I got in SCLY3 was 2 marks off a B and the A I got in SCLY2 was a very high A, however the C I got in SCLY1 was a low C, just 2 marks above the C grade boundary :frown: Just wondered if any of you had any advice for me? Whether you think I should resit any of the modules because I know SCLY4 (crime and deviance) is really hard. I need to get a B and I worked out that I only need to get 62/120 in the crime & deviance module to get a B overall. So what do you guys think?

I'm in a bit of a pickle with my sociology exams as well! in unit 1&2 I got high A's and was predicted an A*, in unit 3 i got a D which has completely knocked my confidence and made me wonder if im going to miss my uni offer :frown: I know I have to resit the unit 3 that i got a D in but its going to be so much work doing unit 3 and 4 at the same time *cries*!! I think it depends on how many exams you have in summer! Theres no harm in resitting as long as it doesn't distract from your other exams! And im sure revising for unit 1 will be a walk in the park compared to unit 4 with loads of topics!

Quick Reply

Latest