The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter University Parking

Hello,

Got an offer from Exeter, and going to visit it in a couple of weeks, really hope I like it, really want to go here!

Anyway, I'm wanting to take my car, mainly because I'm wanting to travel at the weekends to see my boyfriend and my friends who live in that area and it would be so much quicker and easier than public transport.

I know a lot of you may think it's stupid to take my car but I want to try and at least look at the possibility.

Key problem, parking! Been looking at parking facilities and there is hardly any :/ was going to see if the university as a partnership with car parks or anything for long term parking, anyone know anything about this?

Was looking at accomadation and at James Owen, it says there is limited parking, would that mean there would be an option for Thaparking there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Kirsty...x
Hello,

Got an offer from Exeter, and going to visit it in a couple of weeks, really hope I like it, really want to go here!

Anyway, I'm wanting to take my car, mainly because I'm wanting to travel at the weekends to see my boyfriend and my friends who live in that area and it would be so much quicker and easier than public transport.

I know a lot of you may think it's stupid to take my car but I want to try and at least look at the possibility.

Key problem, parking! Been looking at parking facilities and there is hardly any :/ was going to see if the university as a partnership with car parks or anything for long term parking, anyone know anything about this?

Was looking at accomadation and at James Owen, it says there is limited parking, would that mean there would be an option for Thaparking there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I hate to break it to you, but it really isn't possible to bring a car here.

There is almost no parking on campus, almost every space that does exist is used by staff members and the rest by visitors and in the town itself there isn't much that isn't pay & display.

Also, to park on campus as a student you need a permit, and you will only get one of them if you have a valid reason. By that I mean something like a disability that meant you needed a car to get around.

You're going to have to look into public transport I'm afraid.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by officelinebacker
I hate to break it to you, but it really isn't possible to bring a car here.

There is almost no parking on campus, almost every space that does exist is used by staff members and the rest by visitors and in the town itself there isn't much that isn't pay & display.

Also, to park on campus as a student you need a permit, and you will only get one of them if you have a valid reason. By that I mean something like a disability that meant you needed a car to get around.

You're going to have to look into public transport I'm afraid.

:frown: I remember reading somewhere on the website that said they did a parnership with a car park company, do you know about that? Tried to find it again but I can't seem to :frown: See, my boyfriend is in the navy and is moving to Culdrose, on public transport it will be over 2 hours longer to get there! Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 3
If you were to live at Cook/Llewellyn, James Owen Court, (and it always used to be at St Davids as well but I'm not 100% sure on that one), then you might be able to get a parking space at your residence (but they're limited so if lots of people want them then I think they draw lots or something). Those residences are all off campus (not far, though!) and the permits are only for parking at that hall, not on campus.

Otherwise, this company offer student parking for £5.50 a week.
Original post by Persipan
If you were to live at Cook/Llewellyn, James Owen Court, (and it always used to be at St Davids as well but I'm not 100% sure on that one), then you might be able to get a parking space at your residence (but they're limited so if lots of people want them then I think they draw lots or something). Those residences are all off campus (not far, though!) and the permits are only for parking at that hall, not on campus.

I think the company you linked to is more for if you need to leave your car for an extended period of time, not for using as normal parking.
Reply 5
I will be wanting to leave it, I am more than willing to use public transport to get to university and to travel around, it's just on weekends when I want to use my car, which is for long distance :smile: thank you guys!
Reply 6
Original post by Persipan

Just looked at the website, affordable and safe!! Thank you so much. Already emailed them enquiring :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending