The Student Room Group

will childline listen to me because im depressed about my results

Scroll to see replies

dont feel comfortable confiding in any of them
Original post by heirloom
Have you never heard of the phrase fake it till you make it. Think happy thoughts and eventually you will be happy. That's why I like to listen to happy songs when I'm depressed, it makes me happy

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ive tried that but i normally crash and burn even worse when i try and be happy

my life is going doing the drain and im even getting abuse on an internet forum
Reply 122
Original post by penguinsrcool
no the b is a good grade. its the U in chemistry, E in c3 ( which i worked hard for :frown: ) and the u in d1 which im upset about

Success does not come before hard work. If you are seriously upset about your results, you'd get off TSR now and start recapping the content of these modules for the June retake. You can't expect to get decent grades if you spend as much time as you are creating pointless threads like this one. If you had any intent on phoning Childline, you'd of done so by now.
Original post by 002
Success does not come before hard work. If you are seriously upset about your results, you'd get off TSR now and start recapping the content of these modules for the June retake. You can't expect to get decent grades if you spend as much time as you are creating pointless threads like this one. If you had any intent on phoning Childline, you'd of done so by now.

im gona phone them after this bottle
**** it im phoning them up roight now
im gona phone them after this bottle

ndt.jpg

my life is going doing the drain and im even getting abuse on an internet forum

Right now you are letting it go down the drain without even fighting to turn it around. It's not a forgone conclusion that your life isn't going to be a success unless you don't bother to try

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 127
Seriously, what is the point in doing so? Are they going to ring the exam board and get them to change your grade? Are they going to give you a Chemistry lesson over the phone? Are they going to send an operator to come and sit your exams for you?

No.

This comes down to how hard you are willing to work for YOUR A Levels.

PS. Have you ever heard of a Connexions advisor? I think they'd be better placed to handle your situation.

If you ever knew somebody who got depressed over exam results, you'd know it's not as easy as telling them to revise.
(edited 11 years ago)
They will listen to you but you'll probably be using up the line that could be better used by someone under 18 whose uncles raped them, whose been beaten up on a daily basis by their father or who's being sex-trafficked.

If you want to have a chat to cheer you up after bad results call a call girl. Not childline.
Original post by The Mad Dog
They will listen to you but you'll probably be using up the line that could be better used by someone under 18 whose uncles raped them, whose been beaten up on a daily basis by their father or who's being sex-trafficked.

If you want to have a chat to cheer you up after bad results call a call girl. Not childline.

does that cost money?
Reply 131
Original post by Bonoahx
If you ever knew somebody who got depressed over exam results, you'd know it's not as easy as telling them to revise.

Last August, I got D's in 6 of my AS exams and I thought it was the end of the world. But I didn't let it beat me. I started revising the content immediately, with a determination I had never felt before. Today, that work has paid off in the form of 5 A's and a B in those exams.

Dont let them beat you. If you are determined enough to revise after an unexpected result the possibilities are limitless.
Original post by 002
Last August, I got D's in 6 of my AS exams and I thought it was the end of the world. But I didn't let it beat me. I started revising the content immediately, with a determination I had never felt before. Today, that work has paid off in the form of 5 A's and a B in those exams.

Dont let them beat you. If you are determined enough to revise after an unexpected result the possibilities are limitless.

dont you dare even mention limits
Jesus ****ing Christ. Either call them or don't - but shut the **** up about it. We don't care. Really, truly and honestly. It's the most sincere lack of caring I have ever shown.

Look, Childline is supposed to be used by kids who need help. You need a motivational kick up the backside.
does that cost money?

Yes, but it's better than wasting child-lines valuable time and will probably make you feel a lot better.
Reply 135
dont you dare even mention limits

Woah calm down! Would you prefer if I said endless instead?
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Jesus ****ing Christ. Either call them or don't - but shut the **** up about it. We don't care. Really, truly and honestly. It's the most sincere lack of caring I have ever shown.

Look, Childline is supposed to be used by kids who need help. You need a motivational kick up the backside.

i dont appreciate that
Original post by The Mad Dog
Yes, but it's better than wasting child-lines valuable time and will probably make you feel a lot better.

tbh i'd rather save the money
Reply 138
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons

I would give this a positive rating, but I've used them all up today!:angry:
Original post by 002
Woah calm down! Would you prefer if I said endless instead?

can childline do mulitple calls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending