The Student Room Group

How many exams are you likely to have this May/June?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by madfish
Same with me tbh

I only started AS Maths in January as I dropped another subject for it

I was doing 3 hours consistently since the Mid of january until about last week and 8 hours minimum every weekend to get caught up.

I think I have caught up now tbh

It's just a matter of doing a past paper a night for me now:biggrin:

Yea by the sounds of it you will be fine maths is all about practise, and to be fair doing maths past papers is quite enjoyable not as bad as some other like Physics or Chem........
Reply 181
Original post by shahbaz
Yea by the sounds of it you will be fine maths is all about practise, and to be fair doing maths past papers is quite enjoyable not as bad as some other like Physics or Chem........

Ahh I really hope so :frown: Mechanics hasnt clicked yet :angry:
11 all in. No resits
Core 4
FP2
FP3
Stats2
GEO3
Chem F214
Bio F315
STEP I,II,III
AEA Maths.
3 of the last 4 are optional though so....
Reply 183
6 exams, although in Chem 5 and Bio 5 I only need a C to get an A overall haha
Reply 184
2 human biology exams :/ dreading them
Original post by EmmaLouuu
2 human biology exams :/ dreading them

Oh my god! Someone else on TSR that does human biology! :eek:
I only had one January exam which was human biology unit 4, are you doing AS or A2?

I should have 6 including 3 speaking exams I missed Spanish AS speaking due to illness last year :frown:. No resits though, I might retake my German AS writing paper from last year even though I got an A just to boost my UMS by a few marks. Every little helps!
Reply 186
Original post by Gummibaerchen
Oh my god! Someone else on TSR that does human biology! :eek:
I only had one January exam which was human biology unit 4, are you doing AS or A2?

I should have 6 including 3 speaking exams I missed Spanish AS speaking due to illness last year :frown:. No resits though, I might retake my German AS writing paper from last year even though I got an A just to boost my UMS by a few marks. Every little helps!

Aw, I didn't have any exams in January :P. and I'm A2 I'm awful at human biology though :frown: haha I got a D at AS x
Reply 187
Original post by LegendX
Impressive. Well done. What did you apply for?

Thanks, and Chemistry :smile:
3X - History Modular unit exams
2X - Linear Maths
2X - French reading + Listening
2X - English Literature and resit English Language
1X - RE short-course
Total - 10
Aw, I didn't have any exams in January :P. and I'm A2 I'm awful at human biology though :frown: haha I got a D at AS x

If you ever need help with it you can PM me :smile: there doesn't seem to be anyone else on here that does human biology :frown:
Once you get closer to exams, do all the past papers and keep doing them over and over again - pretty much memorise all the answers. They pretty much use the same questions or thereabouts over and over again just worded slightly differently. :smile:
Reply 190
If you ever need help with it you can PM me :smile: there doesn't seem to be anyone else on here that does human biology :frown:
Once you get closer to exams, do all the past papers and keep doing them over and over again - pretty much memorise all the answers. They pretty much use the same questions or thereabouts over and over again just worded slightly differently. :smile:

Ah I shall :smile: although I don't know how to PM people though :') what exam are you with mines OCR. I got to c's and an e last year.. I'm struggling with respiration And photosynthesis at the minute thres so much to remember oh and the nervous system D: x
6 exams: G482, CHEM2, DANC1, C1, C2, S1
And so happy there are no resits!
Ah I shall :smile: although I don't know how to PM people though :') what exam are you with mines OCR. I got to c's and an e last year.. I'm struggling with respiration And photosynthesis at the minute thres so much to remember oh and the nervous system D: x

I'll message you now so you can always just click reply in future if you need anything, if that's ok?
I haven't started photosynthesis yet, doing loads of ecology stuff at the moment yay :/
I am with AQA x
Reply 193
Original post by shahbaz
I set a minimum of two past papers a week for each maths module including marking and going over areas which im struggling on (correcting mistakes).

average 1-2 hours a night sometimes more sometimes less depends how im feeling hope that helped.

How do you have time? o_0
Reply 194
I'll message you now so you can always just click reply in future if you need anything, if that's ok?
I haven't started photosynthesis yet, doing loads of ecology stuff at the moment yay :/
I am with AQA x

Yeah that's fine :smile: and I don't know what that is D: haha. Ah do the exam boards provide different topics to teach or are they the same??xx
Thank goodness for no resits and not taking Maths!
5 exams, including 2 resits.

Geography 3
Economics 4
Business 4
Retaking Economics 2 and Business 3
5 and no resits but the thought of the number of exams for next summer makes me :facepalm:
2x politics
2x economics (one resit)
2x ancient history
1x maths(resit)

I make that seven exams altogether

and on two of those days I'll have two exams...darn! :s-smilie:
7 exams
Biology and chemistry unit 1,4,5
History

Also I want an A in chemistry and so I'm practically retaking the whole chemistry alevel apart from unit 2 which I got a B. Is it possible to get an A without resitting unit 2?

Quick Reply

Latest