The Student Room Group

will childline listen to me because im depressed about my results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 002
Last August, I got D's in 6 of my AS exams and I thought it was the end of the world. But I didn't let it beat me. I started revising the content immediately, with a determination I had never felt before. Today, that work has paid off in the form of 5 A's and a B in those exams.

Dont let them beat you. If you are determined enough to revise after an unexpected result the possibilities are limitless.

I wasn't talking about myself. I got a D in my History exam last August, today I got an A*. However, this isn't the time for gloating, I was able to overcome it, sure, but some people get so upset about it that they literally can't get out of bed in the morning in fear of their teachers and their peers thinking that they're stupid. The John Doe I know was like that. He's beginning to overcome it, but he took his time.

Best of luck, OP.
Original post by 002
I would give this a positive rating, but I've used them all up today!:angry:

Same.
Original post by penguinsrcool
i dont appreciate that

Watch me care.

Oh wait, you can't. Because I don't.

Grow up. I got **** results too, but I'm already planning my revision and getting the paper recalled. I'm writing out my resit form right now. Get over yourself.

Calling childline is a selfish thing to do. Some ten year old who's been punched in the face by her mother needs that call much more than you.
Yeah say that AQA are bullying you... but in all seriousness don't stay negative or you'll just dig yourself a bigger whole.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Watch me care.

Oh wait, you can't. Because I don't.

Grow up. I got **** results too, but I'm already planning my revision and getting the paper recalled. I'm writing out my resit form right now. Get over yourself.

Calling childline is a selfish thing to do. Some ten year old who's been punched in the face by her mother needs that call much more than you.

thats subjective. a 10 year old being punched in the face by his mother isn't life threatening or will affect his university application. these grades do
Original post by 002
I would give this a positive rating, but I've used them all up today!:angry:

Original post by The Mad Dog
Same.

Thanks guys. I just can't stand this sort of pity-me-lets-get-the-violins-out attention seeking. Either do something about it, or shut up.
Honestly, man up ffs.

I just got pretty poor results myself, and you know what; I'm identifying my weaknesses and working to make them my strengths so I do much better come June.
thats subjective. a 10 year old being punched in the face by his mother isn't life threatening or will affect his university application. these grades do

Your grades aren't life threatening. Revise. Grow the **** up and revise.

If you called Childline, that would be abusing the service. Other children (because you behave like a child) need that call more than you. You don't need it, you need to get a grip and start planning to do better in the summer.
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Your grades aren't life threatening. Revise. Grow the **** up and revise.

If you called Childline, that would be abusing the service. Other children (because you behave like a child) need that call more than you. You don't need it, you need to get a grip and start planning to do better in the summer.

****ing hell, breathe!

Childline isn't A&E, it doesn't work based on how severe the issue is. Do you think a counsellor wouldn't treat someone who's depressed over something trivial compared to what one of their other patients is depressed over with exactly the same repect? I can't see what everyone is trying to do here. Are you trying to help, or just having a rant at him?
I agree with 'IWantSomeMushu, and ChocoCoatedLemons' - my results aren't great (got some U's, etc, did worse in two of my re-sits compared to when I first sat the exam), though I'm not sitting around doing nothing - since the day I finished my exams in January, I started revising for my re-sits, as I knew I did badly in them.

If you are unhappy with your grades, identify where you went wrong in your scripts, and start revising. You are wasting vital revision time - every second is important.

Edit: If you really want to call childline, just call them - this link may be helpful -
http://www.childline.org.uk/explore/schoolcollege/pages/examresults.aspx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 150

How can you be so selfish as to potentially allow a child to continue to suffer such shocking abuse all because you wanted to give Childline some sob story about your grades. Childline can't affect your uni application but they can stop a child suffering abuse. Leave them to do what they are there to do and don't obstruct that purpose.
Original post by Bonoahx
****ing hell, breathe!

Childline isn't A&E, it doesn't work based on how severe the issue is. Do you think a counsellor wouldn't treat someone who's depressed over something trivial compared to what one of their other patients is depressed over with exactly the same repect? I can't see what everyone is trying to do here. Are you trying to help, or just having a rant at him?

I'm ranting.

He doesn't need this sort of help, he's just an attention seeker. He's not depressed, he's bragging on another thread about how great his B result was. He's clearly not depressed, and saying he is is an insult to people who actually suffer with depression.

Considering it's been shown in this thread that it costs £20 for Childline when you call, it does matter. He doesn't need it, he's just an attention seeker who should grow up and start revising. If everyone called like he claims to, Childline would shut down.
Original post by soohyun_hoon
I agree with 'IWantSomeMushu, and ChocoCoatedLemons' - my results aren't great (got some U's, etc, did worse in two of my re-sits compared to when I first sat the exam), though I'm not sitting around doing nothing - since the day I finished my exams in January, I started revising for my re-sits, as I knew I did badly in them.

If you are unhappy with your grades, identify where you went wrong in your scripts, and start revising. You are wasting vital revision time - every second is important

Good! I didn't do well in my resits - but I would never even contemplate calling Childline to waste their valuable resources, just so I can drunkenly whine down the phone to them about my sob story.
Reply 153
i feel sad because i failed most of my exams and im a2

Hey, it's alright to fail sometimes. It gives you more motivation to work even harder cause if you're sad about it, it shows that you believe you're capable of much more.

I'm in A2 too and i did verryyyyyyy crap, especially in my maths exams, i did worse in my resits. Right now, the uni that i want to go to is looking impossible.

You're not on your own. You just have to accept the feeling for a while and be a bit depressed for today but tomorrow is a new day and the only way is up. This isn't the end; you still have another chance so take this 'failure' as a set back and use it to both motivate and strengthen yourself.

Hope you're feeling better.
P.s a bit of comfort eating helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
All this fighting and snapping TSR ain't helping your grades. Recall your papers sit and dicuss with your Teacher on what to do next. I have learnt that GCSE is a local competion A-Levels are the Olympics big step-up. I'm glad I made this mistake with three months of lost time.
Reply 155
You're not depressed. Depression is not the same as having a bad day. Childline is for genuine problems; being abused and mental illness. Not people whinging and exaggerating.
im drunk as **** riight now and ijm phoning them io dont give a **** what u say
Reply 157
im drunk as **** riight now and ijm phoning them io dont give a **** what u say

i don't care
Original post by 002
i don't care

oh **** off
Reply 159
if i had to listen to coldplay i'd kill myself

:rofl: