The Student Room Group

Brum stabbing - let this be a lesson to us all

Scroll to see replies

Original post by regularposter
your argument is flawed if she would not have been stabbed if she was a elderly white then cant be a racist crime can it. he did not sexually assualt her in anyway so therefore cannnot be sexual motivated and it would be wrong to draw that conclusion. if a white male had stabbed a black women would you automatically say its racists? just because the person stabbed was of a different skin colour

Actually, if a white person did stab a black person, the first thing I and most others would think is that it was racially motivated.

When was the last time in the news you heard of a white man stabbing a black person ?? I can't think of any. If it did happen, I guarantee it would be because of race.
Reply 21
Original post by democracyforum
Of course it was racial.

What if Dale Cregan killed 2 black police officers ?

There would have been riots and the black community would have said it was racially motivated.

Back to this murder.

From the crime we can tell the murderer had a specific target in mind.
That being a young white female.

From past crimes with stabbings by black people, it is unusual for them to target whites. Most of it is gang related between each other. But when they do, it is almost always racial and not at all random.

Someone might report you for incitement
Reply 22
we do not know it was racist but it is another crime committed by a black person, the crimes figures are so high its should not be acceptable
Of course it was racial.

What if Dale Cregan killed 2 black police officers ?

There would have been riots and the black community would have said it was racially motivated.

Back to this murder.

From the crime we can tell the murderer had a specific target in mind.
That being a young white female.

From past crimes with stabbings by black people, it is unusual for them to target whites. Most of it is gang related between each other. But when they do, it is almost always racial and not at all random.

people get so worked up about race a girl was stabbed and killed its a tragedy dont knw why race always has to be brought into it when there no evidence apart from the fact that the victim and perpertrator were off a different colour . that means every such act would be racist if it involved two people of a different skin colour and are you saying thats its any better if it was a black girl he stabbed becuase its black on black crime . a life is a life no matter what colour the person is
Was this murder random ?

No, of course not. There is evidence he had been stalking her for a month or longer and had planned to stab her.
Reply 25
Original post by truffle_girl
You're right; but then, why, if the skin colours were to be reversed, would it then be branded a 'racist attack'? This double standard always irks me.

Well that is not necessarily true. I am pretty sure examples can be found where an incident like that was not branded as a racist attack.
Original post by Mariah246
What makes you think it was racially motivated?

If a white poodle attacked a black lab he would say its a racially motivated attack - its his go to pile of BS that he always spouts
Reply 27
Random attacks happen all over the place from time to time, they are rare but have gone on for 100's of years and will carry on happening. Some people are just mentally unstable.

You can't live your life thinking "what if". Sure be smart but lets not fly off the handle and act like our lives are in danger every time we step onto public transport.
Reply 28
Was this murder random ?

No, of course not. There is evidence he had been stalking her for a month or longer and had planned to stab her.

Yeah, a great place to a victim - on a crowded bus. -_-

Where's your source?
By criminally profiling this man, that's how.

He would have purposely targetted a white female to satisfy his urges.
Considering the murderer is only 22, it's highly possible it was sexually motivated too.

He would not have targetted another demopgraphic, such as an elderly person, or even another black person.

This murder has every sign of a racially motivated, sexually motivated crime.

So your argument is, the guy was black, the victim was white, must have been racially motivated. You're the racist equivalent of white people, who will never say anything negative about a black person in case they are accused of racism.
Original post by 122025278
Think to yourself, is it really worth asking a person to take their feet off the seats, turn their music down etc. We've all been on buses when teenagers can be especially rowdy, cheeky comments or just snide looks, of which there is absolutely no need. The person your doing that to could have a temper and be as violent as the man who was on that bus today.

Yeah course it is, just use your common sense :confused:

You cannot allow yourself to be intimidated, that's how you get targeted. If I thought someone was taking the piss (actually taking the piss, I don't care if they play their music) I would bounce them around the bus. Obviously I would try to avoid confrontation but you can't let people bully you or others.

We don't know what happened on that bus today.

So if we don't know what happened what is the point of the thread then :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by Wilfred Little
Yeah course it is, just use your common sense :confused:

You cannot allow yourself to be intimidated, that's how you get targeted. If I thought someone was taking the piss (actually taking the piss, I don't care if they play their music) I would bounce them around the bus. Obviously I would try to avoid confrontation but you can't let people bully you or others.

So if we don't know what happened what is the point of the thread then :biggrin:

You may end up getting stabbed then, because of your ego.

It was more directed at rowdy teenagers on buses. The next time they annoy someone, just remember that person could be unstable and kill you.
You may end up getting stabbed then, because of your ego.

It was more directed at rowdy teenagers on buses. The next time they annoy someone, just remember that person could be unstable and kill you.

Do you mean as in they could be the victims or do you mean the rowdy teenagers could be the perpetrators i.e. stab you? Because the fella that killed this young girl was in his 20's.

I think I know what you're getting at but there's not really a lesson to be learned from this stabbing.
Reply 33
Original post by Wilfred Little
Do you mean as in they could be the victims or do you mean the rowdy teenagers could be the perpetrators i.e. stab you? Because the fella that killed this young girl was in his 20's.

I think I know what you're getting at but there's not really a lesson to be learned from this stabbing.

Rowdy teenagers could be the victims.
Firstly condolences to the family of Christina Edkins, the 16 year old girl who was stabbed to death on a bus in Birmingham on her way to school this morning and may she rest in peace.

Now we don't know the cirumstances of this death and whatever occured she absolutely did not deserve to be assaulted let alone stabbed and the man who did it will hopefully be spending the rest of his life in prison. It may have been a totally random stabbing, she was attacked for no reason or there may have been some sort of confrontation/argument between them before the stabbing occured.

The lesson to the rest of us is clear, there will always be someone out there who could be teetering on the edge, who could explode at any moment and you will be on the receiving end. When you are in a confinded space, like a bus, avoid any kind of confrontation because you have no escape. It reminds me of the story of the man stabbed to death on the bus because he asked someone to stop throwing chips. Think to yourself, is it really worth asking a person to take their feet off the seats, turn their music down etc. We've all been on buses when teenagers can be especially rowdy, cheeky comments or just snide looks, of which there is absolutely no need. The person your doing that to could have a temper and be as violent as the man who was on that bus today.

We don't know what happened on that bus today, it could have been a completely random attack, there could have been an argument instigated by one of them, whatever happened it did not deserve for a girl to lose her life. Earlier this week we saw a woman killed in nothing more than a road rage incident. Next time you think about getting into an argument with someone, just think to youself, this person may be willing to kill me over this, is it really worth it.

Real justice will happen when varmints like himself are guillotined. THAT way people will think twice before committing such disgusting acts of senseless inhumanity.
Reply 35
What a stupid argument. You could equally say it would be safer never to travel on buses in case you get stabbed. Heck, I travel on buses in the north east but that makes me more likely to get stabbed by someone on a bus in Birmingham than if I did not travel by bus!
Reply 36
people get so worked up about race a girl was stabbed and killed its a tragedy dont knw why race always has to be brought into it when there no evidence apart from the fact that the victim and perpertrator were off a different colour . that means every such act would be racist if it involved two people of a different skin colour and are you saying thats its any better if it was a black girl he stabbed becuase its black on black crime . a life is a life no matter what colour the person is

Ethnicity is of interest because ethnic minorities commit a disproportionate amount of crime, especially those who are black. It is also of interest because lots of gang crime involves young people and is racially motivated.

Of course some people will use this sort of incident as evidence for their racist motives. But you are simply burying your head in the sand if you think race is unimportant.
Original post by evantej
Ethnicity is of interest because ethnic minorities commit a disproportionate amount of crime, especially those who are black. It is also of interest because lots of gang crime involves young people and is racially motivated.

Of course some people will use this sort of incident as evidence for their racist motives. But you are simply burying your head in the sand if you think race is unimportant.

i think that is a totally different subject , what about all the white women who are killed by white men who are serial killers joanne yates, tia sharpe by her white grandfather ? stop being so sterotypical and going on what the media portrays
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
i think that is a totally different subject , what about all the white women who are killed by white men who are serial killers joanne yates, tia sharpe by her white grandfather ? stop being so sterotypical and going on what the media portrays

I have worked in a prison and probation and actually dealt with offenders. Want to try again? :rolleyes:
Original post by evantej
I have worked in a prison and probation and actually dealt with offenders. Want to try again? :rolleyes:

criminal profiling would show you that serial killers and murders are typically white men and peodofiles as well. black men more likely to be involved in gang violence when there younger. just different types of crime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending