The Student Room Group

North Korea scrap all non-aggression pacts with South Korea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21709917

Heavy ****

Seems the sanctions did the world of good.

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I'm really not rating this situation. Apparently they have named targets in the west sea. Not knowing what this is I googled it, to find the helpful answer;

"the west sea could refer to any of the following: *insert all oceans here*"

Fantastic... ****ing hate nuclear weapons. We will destroy ourselves with it.
They've said they will exercise their right to a pre-emptive strike. But I assume if they were planning on doing so, they would have done so already?
Reply 3
Original post by Farm_Ecology
They've said they will exercise their right to a pre-emptive strike. But I assume if they were planning on doing so, they would have done so already?

I see what you mean. Talking about a pre-emptive strike seems somewhat counter-productive. Hopefully, North Korea of blowing a lot of hot air again. Soon enough they'll simmer down and we can all avoid war.
Reply 4
Damn, thought seeing Denis Rodman would've soothed them.
Reply 5
Thanks alot Einstein. Why d'you have to go and prove E=mc(squared)?
Reply 6
Original post by 419

Well it can't look good from Dennis' point of view really...tells a country's leader how much he likes him and the very next day that country is threatening nuclear war.
Reply 7
Original post by bssjonny
Thanks alot Einstein. Why d'you have to go and prove E=mc(squared)?

what the **** are you yapping at?
Original post by Strangey
I see what you mean. Talking about a pre-emptive strike seems somewhat counter-productive. Hopefully, North Korea of blowing a lot of hot air again. Soon enough they'll simmer down and we can all avoid war.

Hopefully they will. But I get the impression that the propaganda they spew effects their upper levels as well. I have a feeling that the North Korean Government probably thinks they are more powerful than they actually are, possibly enough to convince them they stand a chance in a war. While they certainly would lose, the cost to South Korea (and potentially america) would be horrific. Either way, this certainly isnt a good direction things are going.
Reply 9
The sooner that China or South Korea deal with the north the better, but at this juncture i struggle to see how North Korea can continue to be allowed to be an independent state.
Reply 10
Nukes.

Oh *******s, negged you by accident.

Never mind. Anyway, I wonder how their space program is coming along.....
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
To be honest i really do hope they try and go south again just so they get turned into a crater by the Americans, its getting very boring hearing theyre whiny butt hurt rhetoric on the news day in and day out.
Apparently The Queen just tweeted this:

"Oh FFS, STFU Kim Jung Un!" #RAF #MI6 #ROYALMARINES #SAS #CAMILLA

:biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Apparently The Queen just tweeted this:

"Oh FFS, STFU Kim Jung Un!" #RAF #MI6 #ROYALMARINES #SAS #CAMILLA

:biggrin:

I'd like to think the United Kingdom would stay out of such a pointless war.
Original post by 419

Not only do they meet American basketballers, but they also meet American businessmen. Trust me, anything you read on North Korea isn't actually serious - North Korea aren't actually going to do anything. All of this posturing is simply to get them on a higher bargaining position.

They've always been talking hot air. They aren't going to do anything. Their ally - Iran - hasn't even got nukes yet.

Original post by bestofyou
Well it can't look good from Dennis' point of view really...tells a country's leader how much he likes him and the very next day that country is threatening nuclear war.

They always threaten nuclear war - people shouldn't be taking them so seriously. The US doesn't even seem phased at all.

Original post by Farm_Ecology
Hopefully they will. But I get the impression that the propaganda they spew effects their upper levels as well. I have a feeling that the North Korean Government probably thinks they are more powerful than they actually are, possibly enough to convince them they stand a chance in a war. While they certainly would lose, the cost to South Korea (and potentially america) would be horrific. Either way, this certainly isnt a good direction things are going.

There isn't going to be a war. I stopped taking them seriously a long time ago - this is just hype. Nothing will come of it.
Reply 15
Life in North Korea is unimaginable for us. Any hint of disrespect or opposition to the regime results in incarceration for the whole family... something as simple as allowing the portrait of Dear Leader to get dusty for example. So grandparents, parents & children are imprisoned in appalling conditions.
We do not see anything about this on TV so it is all out of sight, out of mind. I am afraid that invasion of the South is not an empty threat.
Original post by the bear
Life in North Korea is unimaginable for us. Any hint of disrespect or opposition to the regime results in incarceration for the whole family... something as simple as allowing the portrait of Dear Leader to get dusty for example. So grandparents, parents & children are imprisoned in appalling conditions.
We do not see anything about this on TV so it is all out of sight, out of mind. I am afraid that invasion of the South is not an empty threat.

I thought they had restricted access to the Internet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
I thought they had restricted access to the Internet?

The population are allowed to use an intranet called kwangmyong. all access to the world wide web is prevented.
Of course the government elite can surf the night away as they please
Reply 18
Original post by RatherJollyCheers
I'd like to think the United Kingdom would stay out of such a pointless war.

LMAO! Funniest thing i've heard all day.
Reply 19
If they try anything they'll be wiped off the map and rightly so. It is just rhetoric again.

****ing hate communists.

Quick Reply