The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Unit 2 January 2013

Did anybody else have their Physics grade lower than expected? Expected to get A* across the 3 sciences but in Physics I got a B :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm the same! I was expected all A* and got them in the practice papers but only got a low A x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I got 86 UMS in physics :mad:
Reply 3
I got an A*(90) in Physics and I thought I deserved a lot more after getting 100 UMS in a lot of practice papers that I did and i had a strong understanding of the topics.
I got 99
Reply 5
Frustrating :angry: School won't fund for a remark so looks like I'll be paying for it instead. Im in the same boat, P1 A* (96 UMS), ISA (48/50) now a B in P2 with the rest at top A*'s :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Reply 6
Mark your paper with the unofficial mark scheme and us the grade boundaries and see if it is worth a remark!

Original post by applegeek96
Frustrating :angry: School won't fund for a remark so looks like I'll be paying for it instead. Im in the same boat, P1 A* (96 UMS), ISA (48/50) now a B in P2 with the rest at top A*'s :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Reply 7
Did anybody else have their Physics grade lower than expected? Expected to get A* across the 3 sciences but in Physics I got a B :confused:

YES, Me.. :'( i was gutted 3 A*s in mocks and i got Bs..
I got the A* luckily! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9
Original post by Jess_Hills
YES, Me.. :'( i was gutted 3 A*s in mocks and i got Bs..

:frown: Loads at my school had their Physics marked down, maybe harsh marking by an examiner? Do you think it is worth a re-mark?
Reply 10
:frown: Loads at my school had their Physics marked down, maybe harsh marking by an examiner? Do you think it is worth a re-mark?

I dont think so, with the risk of being marked down..:/ im just re taking
Reply 11
Original post by Jess_Hills
I dont think so, with the risk of being marked down..:/ im just re taking

Just to let you know, I did got ahead with the Physics re-take and it went up from a B to an A :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by NightStrider
I got 99

Well dome that very impressive you got 59/60 in raw marks - very impressive well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalek1099
I got an A*(90) in Physics and I thought I deserved a lot more after getting 100 UMS in a lot of practice papers that I did and i had a strong understanding of the topics.

Well done Dalek1099 if doesn't matter you still got a* and you done well in unit 1 and the ISA so it'll boost it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an A 83UMS I obviously wanted higher but am very happy with this score as my raw Mark is pretty cool! 45/60 - I knew I didn't do brilliantly as I made many stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I had 88UMS, a high A.

It left me feeling a little flat after so much preparation and A*s in practice papers. There was not one A* in our entire accelerated band, and our teachers informed us that the picture was similar across the country.
Original post by rub117
I had 88UMS, a high A.

It left me feeling a little flat after so much preparation and A*s in practice papers. There was not one A* in our entire accelerated band, and our teachers informed us that the picture was similar across the country.

Why was the boundary incredibly high then? I do wonder :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Why was the boundary incredibly high then? I do wonder :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most of the people at our school found the Physics paper to be the easiest so if this was reflected across the country, grade boundaries are going to be higher.
Yeah that's pretty much the same in my school but, when the results came through it appears to be that number if a*s achieved was quite limited. I would say thee coo on grade is a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending