The Student Room Group

How much is too much

Hi

I was wondering how many exams this summer would be too much, I need to resit a few exams to meet my offer of AAA, and at the moment I have 7 A2 modules to do, would doing 1 or 2 AS modules be too much
Reply 1
Hi -- I'm planning to have 8 exams in the summer four of which are resits. Dreading it slightly but need to meet my AAA offer too. Are your exams all likely to be together ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll have 10 exams... hopefully it will be fine :smile:
Remember, you'll have to put just as much effort into the resits as for the other exams, although ASs are theoretically easier... Check your exam timetable to see when the exams would be - if they are a week away from the rest of your exams, then the resits will probably not affect your revision for the others. If they are bang in the middle of your most dreaded exams, perhaps not such a good idea...
Depends how badly you did - if you were only a few marks off an A, perhaps work really hard in the other exams and not resit. If you messed up and would need 95%+ to get an A, resitting is probably a good idea!
Reply 3
Original post by dragonkeeper999
I'll have 10 exams... hopefully it will be fine :smile:
Remember, you'll have to put just as much effort into the resits as for the other exams, although ASs are theoretically easier... Check your exam timetable to see when the exams would be - if they are a week away from the rest of your exams, then the resits will probably not affect your revision for the others. If they are bang in the middle of your most dreaded exams, perhaps not such a good idea...
Depends how badly you did - if you were only a few marks off an A, perhaps work really hard in the other exams and not resit. If you messed up and would need 95%+ to get an A, resitting is probably a good idea!

its all nicely spaced, and the two exams I will be resitting will be in a week separate to the others, and the main one I'm unsure about is Chemistry, i got 218 ums at AS meaning I would need 87%< to get an A
Original post by slobo95
its all nicely spaced, and the two exams I will be resitting will be in a week separate to the others, and the main one I'm unsure about is Chemistry, i got 218 ums at AS meaning I would need 87%< to get an A

Definitely do the ones which are separate to your other exams, I think...
Speak to your teachers for advice on how likely it is that you can get an A in Chemistry with/ without the resit. How far off were you in January?
Reply 5
Definitely do the ones which are separate to your other exams, I think...
Speak to your teachers for advice on how likely it is that you can get an A in Chemistry with/ without the resit. How far off were you in January?

well in the summer I got 78/120 and now I have 80/120, my ums is 218 atm, we do all A2 units in the summer
Original post by slobo95
well in the summer I got 78/120 and now I have 80/120, my ums is 218 atm, we do all A2 units in the summer

You're currently on a low-ish B then. If you need an A, it would be a good idea to resit in my opinion. Also, the summer exams (at least for my exam board - OCR Salters) test you on everything you have learnt in the previous two years. Therefore, as you have to learn all the stuff from the previous exams for the summer exam anyway, you may as well resit the previous papers as it isn't all that much extra work (just a few more past papers and the time spent actually in the exams).
I would say that most people (in my experience) do slightly worse in the main summer exams than in the January ones, because they have more exams on at the time so less revision per subject. Therefore, it's probably not a good idea to reply upon getting high scores in the summer exams. But put lots of work in, and getting an A overall is possible :smile:
Reply 7
You're currently on a low-ish B then. If you need an A, it would be a good idea to resit in my opinion. Also, the summer exams (at least for my exam board - OCR Salters) test you on everything you have learnt in the previous two years. Therefore, as you have to learn all the stuff from the previous exams for the summer exam anyway, you may as well resit the previous papers as it isn't all that much extra work (just a few more past papers and the time spent actually in the exams).
I would say that most people (in my experience) do slightly worse in the main summer exams than in the January ones, because they have more exams on at the time so less revision per subject. Therefore, it's probably not a good idea to reply upon getting high scores in the summer exams. But put lots of work in, and getting an A overall is possible :smile:

oh dear, I'm gonna work my arse off for these offers, but what happens happens i guess?

Quick Reply

Latest