The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please explain to me the difference between Kekule's Benzene structure and the 'real' Benzene structure.
Reply 2
Original post by MasterYi
Please explain to me the difference between Kekule's Benzene structure and the 'real' Benzene structure.

Nice to have you back :biggrin:

The difference is that the real benzene structure is more energetically stable than the kekule and is more accepted. The real benzene does not polarise the bromine molecule due to no double bond being present. Also, hydrogenation of Kekule is more than benzene, also not enough evidence and chemical properties of kekule and so is less accepted?
Reply 3
Original post by otrivine
Nice to have you back :biggrin:

The difference is that the real benzene structure is more energetically stable than the kekule and is more accepted. The real benzene does not polarise the bromine molecule due to no double bond being present. Also, hydrogenation of Kekule is more than benzene, also not enough evidence and chemical properties of kekule and so is less accepted?

Yeah I guess. Tell me about the structure of benzene. (Bonds, pi system, etc)
Reply 4
Yeah I guess. Tell me about the structure of benzene. (Bonds, pi system, etc)

the structure is decoloised, (trigonal)planar molecule, the pi orbitals overlap, would include a diagram in the exam, bonding is covalent between carbon atoms, 120 .

I have not yet started chapter 1. When I finished chapter 1 and 2 fully we revise :smile:

Where are you up to now with your revision
Reply 5
the structure is decoloised, (trigonal)planar molecule, the pi orbitals overlap, would include a diagram in the exam, bonding is covalent between carbon atoms, 120 .

I have not yet started chapter 1. When I finished chapter 1 and 2 fully we revise :smile:

Where are you up to now with your revision

Ohkay sorry.

I've barely started. I've a load of past papers and all F324 resource papers from this site http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OCR%20Chemistry%20A/Unit%204/Unit%204%20resources.html and I've started writing notes for myself plus notes from the internet.
Reply 6
Ohkay sorry.

I've barely started. I've a load of past papers and all F324 resource papers from this site http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OCR%20Chemistry%20A/Unit%204/Unit%204%20resources.html and I've started writing notes for myself plus notes from the internet.

Yes, I want to start revision from Sunday and finishing the chapters and doing all the questions!
Reply 7
Yes, I want to start revision from Sunday and finishing the chapters and doing all the questions!

The summer exams seems to creep up really fast, they're only in a few months time.
Reply 8
The summer exams seems to creep up really fast, they're only in a few months time.

OMG , please dont make me panic :colondollar:

I want to aim to finish the whole F324 by middlish of April and then just spend the two months with question and question
Reply 9
Also is it possible to add OCR to the start of the thread title to make it easier to search.
Reply 10
OMG , please dont make me panic :colondollar:

I want to aim to finish the whole F324 by middlish of April and then just spend the two months with question and question

Thats a good place to start/finish. I probably won't finish until May because of lessons.
Reply 11
Hello everyone,

OCR

I meant the title but thats fine too.
Reply 12
Thats a good place to start/finish. I probably won't finish until May because of lessons.

I need to revise F325 again! I still remember my stuff but need to recap:smile:
Reply 13
I need to revise F325 again! I still remember my stuff but need to recap:smile:

Do you have notes and past papers and resources?

Maybe you can start a/an F325 thread.
Reply 14
Do you have notes and past papers and resources?

Maybe you can start a/an F325 thread.

of F324 you mean ?

Yes I will :smile: Are you retaking f325/
Reply 15
of F324 you mean ?

Yes I will :smile: Are you retaking f325/

I mean both. :smile: No I won't be retaking it.
Reply 16
I mean both. :smile: No I won't be retaking it.

I use the site OCR chemistry where there are so many questions :smile:

By the way I really want to know from which country are u from? India or china/hong kong
Reply 17
So glad this thread is up early...I was surprised how early you need to revise to get good grades :P
Anyone doing both F324 and F325?
Reply 18
Original post by Gulzar
So glad this thread is up early...I was surprised how early you need to revise to get good grades :P
Anyone doing both F324 and F325?

Join the club:biggrin:
Reply 19
Join the club:biggrin:

Otrivine werent u retaking F325, if Im remebering correctly?

Latest

Trending

Trending