The Student Room Group

A quesion for all the quiet guys

Anon because he's on here. Ok so this post is going to be short. I just have a quick question for any male TSR members who are a bit quiet/shy/awkward. Basically, if a girl said she liked you, would you find it a bit uncomfortable or awkward, or would you be happy about it? Because I like this guy who doesn't really get a lot of attention like that from girls.
If he doesn't get much attention from girls, then he'd probably be quite glad!
He'd probably get shy and run off or something unless you asked him to meet up with you one to one somewhere, don't ask him to go out with your friends, introverted people are a lot more confident when they only have one person to speak to, when in groups they feel like they are outspoken by louder members of the group and don't talk unless directly asked something.
Reply 3
i would cry if that happened to me :'( then go and take the gimp suit out and give you the best damn night of yo life
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Anon because he's on here. Ok so this post is going to be short. I just have a quick question for any male TSR members who are a bit quiet/shy/awkward. Basically, if a girl said she liked you, would you find it a bit uncomfortable or awkward, or would you be happy about it? Because I like this guy who doesn't really get a lot of attention like that from girls.
I'd be happy/flattered, but shy until I knew she wanted to actually do something. Unless I didn't like her that way, in which case I'd just be flattered.
There's no way he'd dislike it, so you have absolutely nothing to lose and quite a bit to gain.
Reply 6
Quiet, shy and awkward are all different things.

I can be very quiet if I have nothing to say, it's somewhat irritating being lumped with people that are shy or awkward, as I am neither.

People complimenting me doesn't really make me feel anything.

Moral of the story: we are all different. I imagine most people, at least on some level, like receiving compliments. Also, blowjobs.
Reply 7
That'd be great, as long as I liked her
Original post by AnonymousPenguin
There's no way he'd dislike it, so you have absolutely nothing to lose and quite a bit to gain.

I agree with my colleague here, anonymous though he may be.

Shy guys are like any other guy, attention from a girl is nice, it's that simple.
Reply 9
Don't mistake quiet for shy. I'm not shy these days but I *am* quiet around some people as I don't feel the need to talk about irrelevant *******s all the time.

That said, I'm still awkward around women. If she said she liked me I'd probably go through the awkward phase then go on to actually accepting it. I wouldn't recoil or anything... deep down I'd be very flattered.
I would be flattered, and provided the feeling was mutual to some degree it'd probably be enough to give me the confidence to ask her out.
It depends how much I like them.

I am naturally quite shy/quiet but with certain people I am the opposite.

Me personally, I would be flattered whoever it was however it may be a bit awkward if I really didn't like the girl ...
Reply 12
I have noticed that in these instances, I almost instantly find them more attractive when previously I might not have considered it.
Original post by miser
I have noticed that in these instances, I almost instantly find them more attractive when previously I might not have considered it.

Isn't that a weird reaction to have? It happened to me in year 10, never again.

Both, I would say. I wouldn't know how to react or what to say, but I would be probably over the moon. However, I might be a bit wary in case you're just messing with me...
Reply 15
Original post by + polarity -
Isn't that a weird reaction to have? It happened to me in year 10, never again.

Could be, but knowing that a person is into you is, in my mind, an attractive quality.
Reply 16
Surely this would depend on how you felt about the girl in question?
Irrespective of how intro/extrovert you may be, if someone that you have no interest in whatsoever tells you that they fancy you then it's going to be a little bit awkward (in fairness I'd be ridiculously flattered too but there's still going to be the 'ah ****, I really don't want to hurt your feelings but...' moment).

Alternatively if I actually fancied you and you told me that you liked me then obviously I'm going to be really happy :P
Having said that I probably wouldn't describe myself as 'quiet', but I'm pretty sure the logic would hold true for all human beings irrespective of confidence or gender...

Quick Reply

Latest