The Student Room Group

Are we meant to know our national insurance number by heart?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Fullofsurprises
You probably have an old NI number as well. There's a real vintage feel to some of the old time numbers.

Old NI number?
'8' means high IQ. All of the digits mean something to the authorities. :cyber:

Hahaha coincidentally I am a MENSA member :cool:
Reply 42
Original post by Mad Vlad
I feel so old... :sad:

Haha I only got mine last year but they stopped giving them out in 2011, they seemed pretty hand though
Original post by Gummibaerchen
Hahaha coincidentally I am a MENSA member :cool:

That is no surprise to those of us in the know. It's all right there in digit 6 in pair 3 of the standard rankings. (Of course, it was all modified by the code revisions undertaken by GCHQ in 1986, but we usually ignore those when discussing 'simple NI', we have to think of beginners.)
Old NI number?

The formula used to generate the prefix letters and suffix letter is based on a combination of your parents ages, their place of birth, your place of birth, year of birth, racial profile and suitability for military brainwashing.
Reply 45
The formula used to generate the prefix letters and suffix letter is based on a combination of your parents ages, their place of birth, your place of birth, year of birth, racial profile and suitability for military brainwashing.

You learn something new every day.
My dad knows his and my mums and was horrified to learn that I only know the first two letters of mine
Reply 46

...:curious: you've got some persuading to do here...
yes, i lost mine a year ago didn't bother getting one cos everyon said u just need to remember it and now work actually need it :frown:
That is no surprise to those of us in the know. It's all right there in digit 6 in pair 3 of the standard rankings. (Of course, it was all modified by the code revisions undertaken by GCHQ in 1986, but we usually ignore those when discussing 'simple NI', we have to think of beginners.)

GCHQ is watchinggggg. :ahee:
My uncle actually works there and said it's not actually that exciting :frown: It's just cool and round haha
Pfft. I don't even know where my card is.
Original post by Gummibaerchen
GCHQ is watchinggggg. :ahee:
My uncle actually works there and said it's not actually that exciting :frown: It's just cool and round haha

They use psychonics don't they? I heard they can read your wrist movements from space.
...:curious: you've got some persuading to do here...

I can't afford to leak too much of it out... people are watching... I've already said too much...

Sorry but this sounds like a conspiracy theory.
Original post by The Mad Dog

Seriously?
Reply 54

I think she was being sarcastic, but I'm not sure. Its moments like this that the sarc mark comes into its own sarcmark7.jpg(thats the mark btw)
Reply 55
I can't afford to leak too much of it out... people are watching... I've already said too much...

Don't troll the forum...
Seriously?

Is you're Friday night this boring? I mean I don't mind I've always wonder what my military brainwashing suitability was, I guess the reptiles who designed the system know anyway though :rolleyes:

Original post by heirloom
I think she was being sarcastic, but I'm not sure. Its moments like this that the sarc mark comes into its own sarcmark7.jpg(thats the mark btw)

:fyi: on here we don't sarcasm with :rolleyes:, no need for that bizarre symbol.

Oddly enough the Chinese have a system of generating unique ID numbers for its citizens according to many of the above criteria.
(edited 11 years ago)
Is you're Friday night this boring? I mean I don't mind I've always wonder what my military brainwashing suitability was, I guess the reptiles who designed the system know anyway though :rolleyes:

I'm also watching TV, chatting to my friend Helen and eating, so it's not that totally boring, but I can't be alone in finding a discussion about NI numbers just a little banal.
Reply 59

:fyi: on here we don't sarcasm with :rolleyes:, no need for that bizarre symbol.

I was also being sarcastic but it didnt really translate well. I'll keep the eye roll thing in mind. And with regards to the sarcmark I think it was patented back in 2009/10, newspapers did stories about how it was going to take off and up an end to confusion in texts. Anyone with eyes could see that it wasnt going to happen

Quick Reply

Latest