The Student Room Group

UCAS account suspension

I just got an email from ucas saying my track was updated.. got all excited and nervous really really couldn't wait to see! went to log on and my accounts been suspended! Im really confused because i havn't tried to log on all week? :s-smilie: please someone help!!
Reply 1
Contact ucas to ask why your account has been suspended?
Reply 2
Original post by LilyCR
I just got an email from ucas saying my track was updated.. got all excited and nervous really really couldn't wait to see! went to log on and my accounts been suspended! Im really confused because i havn't tried to log on all week? :s-smilie: please someone help!!

When I enter my deets wrong like 3 or 5 times it locks me out for a day for being a dumb ass. Someone could have tried to log into yours and the account has been temporarily suspended
Reply 3
Thanks, I emailed them yesterday when it happened

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LilyCR
Thanks, I emailed them yesterday when it happened

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be able to log in now. Mine just kept me suspended until the next morning.
how long until it unsuspends you? I forgot the password had to start with a capital so mine got suspended too!
Reply 6
I rang them when this happened to me. Basically, their system reopens everything at 2.00am so if it was suspended last night it should open again in the morning. If you are trying to open it on an android phone or on google chrome it won't work because chrome is just a glorified search engine. It should work if you try to open it on Firefox or Internet Explorer. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by thecrazyone
it won't work because chrome is just a glorified search engine. It should work if you try to open it on Firefox or Internet Explorer. Hope that helps :smile:

I can't even begin to comprehend this level of incomprehension.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
their systems are designed for IE. So use IE, if it still doesn't work, clear all your cookies for the site. It might be that it's stored false login details and this is confusing the system.
Reply 9
Original post by Katie_p
their systems are designed for IE. So use IE, if it still doesn't work, clear all your cookies for the site. It might be that it's stored false login details and this is confusing the system.

Their systems are designed with JSP, which creates HTML dynamically. As a web developer, I'll tell you that HTML is not designed for any one browser. All browsers work with HTML but they have their own quirks, IE is notorius for acting completely out of line with other browsers. Through two cycles of UCAS, I have never had a problem with using Chrome.
Reply 10
Yea I got on the next morning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simarilli
I can't even begin to comprehend this level of incomprehension.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CalDem
Their systems are designed with JSP, which creates HTML dynamically. As a web developer, I'll tell you that HTML is not designed for any one browser. All browsers work with HTML but they have their own quirks, IE is notorius for acting completely out of line with other browsers. Through two cycles of UCAS, I have never had a problem with using Chrome.

I did not have a problem with Chrome up until recently. When I rang in I even mentioned this. The lady on the phone said that I could try again after clearing all the browsing data or try to log in using IE of firefox. When I tried logging in using firefox, it worked :smile: I do not have any indepth knowledge of the web or HTML, I am just passing what was told to me and what worked.
Original post by LilyCR
Yea I got on the next morning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good news?
Reply 13
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Good news?

Got a conditional for Edinburgh Napier :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by thecrazyone
...The lady on the phone said that I could try again after clearing all the browsing data or try to log in using IE of firefox. When I tried logging in using firefox, it worked...

Oh, ok, that was because FF holds different browsing data from Chrome, so just the same as clearing Chrome's data. People in calls centres are often just morons reading off of a help-sheet/computer screen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending