The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've started getting stuff together for the Spring anime preview thread, but I probably won't have it up for a few days. Since I've got plenty of free time and fully working internet, I plan to take my time and get as much info as possible instead of rushing it like I did the last couple of times. :smile:
small twist at the end of the latest Boku wa tomodachi :beard: LOL @ Yozora's reaction :rofl:

Kotoura-san getting pretty interesting now with this crime mystery :teeth:

ep 9

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4282
no comment
Original post by eugenius 8
small twist at the end of the latest Boku wa tomodachi :beard: LOL @ Yozora's reaction :rofl:

Kotoura-san getting pretty interesting now with this crime mystery :teeth:

ep 9

Spoiler

Haven't watched that but saw it was Ecchi and too many girls and TBH I don't really like them.
Got any recommenations? Here is my profile for Anime-planet I added the ones I can rememeber and got quite a few more, also I love VN's.

Spoiler

Original post by Xmarksthesh0t
Haven't watched that but saw it was Ecchi and too many girls and TBH I don't really like them.
Got any recommenations? Here is my profile for Anime-planet I added the ones I can rememeber and got quite a few more, also I love VN's.

Spoiler

its not that ecchi :p:

cool, looking through your list, maybe Death Note or Elfen Lied?

ive been wanting to get into VNs but i always feel guilty playing games these days which is whats stopping me playing them :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4285
Episode 21 of Zetsuen no Tempest was sublime. It's really refreshing to see two strong female characters take center stage, something I'd like to see more of in anime. :smile:
Original post by Aiko
Episode 21 of Zetsuen no Tempest was sublime. It's really refreshing to see two strong female characters take center stage, something I'd like to see more of in anime. :smile:

I am on Episode 6, looking good, but there is not much going on in the episode, I love Bone studio's animation, really epic.

Original post by eugenius 8
its not that ecchi :p:

cool, looking through your list, maybe Death Note or Elfen Lied?

ive been wanting to get into VNs but i always feel guilty playing games these days which is whats stopping me playing them :p:

Seen Elfien lied, as I have said I forgot some on the list lol. I will look into death note, thanks. I just use MyAnimeList and it should Echhi,Harrem and that crap lol. I love stuff when two people go through hardship and love each other and the end is like either sad/good like stiens;gate or something. Also I have Insomina so I can literally play all night, more like read as that is all you do lol, if you have not I'd recommened playing F/S Night VN or Steins;Gate, trust me you will love them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4287
Original post by Xmarksthesh0t
I am on Episode 6, looking good, but there is not much going on in the episode, I love Bone studio's animation, really epic.

Seen Elfien lied, as I have said I forgot some on the list lol. I will look into death note, thanks. I just use MyAnimeList and it should Echhi,Harrem and that crap lol. I love stuff when two people go through hardship and love each other and the end is like either sad/good like stiens;gate or something. Also I have Insomina so I can literally play all night, more like read as that is all you do lol, if you have not I'd recommened playing F/S Night VN or Steins;Gate, trust me you will love them.

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni.

http://witch-hunt.com/ - first episode is free as a demo.
Original post by Carecup
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni.

http://witch-hunt.com/ - first episode is free as a demo.

Defo getting this lol, over 50 hours though, which is good but I think VN's that are exactly 50 hours are best, because after I complete on I can do the other routes, but this look a mystery which I like and I will acquire it later.
Original post by Aiko

Definitely earned its place at the top of my weekly rankings. :yes: Good to see it pick up again, as until now I've found the second half a bit weak compared with Yoshino and Samon's epic battle of wits.
Hey guys, anyone know if Angel Beats is worth the watch? Tried the first half of the first episode and couldn't get into it. I'm into animes like death note, naruto, elfen lied, fma, hitman reborn, ouran high school, ao no exorcist and so on. Any good recommendations?
Original post by Miyuki301
Hey guys, anyone know if Angel Beats is worth the watch? Tried the first half of the first episode and couldn't get into it. I'm into animes like death note, naruto, elfen lied, fma, hitman reborn, ouran high school, ao no exorcist and so on. Any good recommendations?

I found Angel Beats! to be flawed, but fun. A lot of good ideas, but marred by pacing issues, and it didn't really seem to know where it was going. It still made for entertaining viewing though, in my opinion. :smile:

If you want a few other series suggestions, I'd recommend the following:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Claymore

Chrno Crusade

Monster

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I found Angel Beats! to be flawed, but fun. A lot of good ideas, but marred by pacing issues, and it didn't really seem to know where it was going. It still made for entertaining viewing though, in my opinion. :smile:

If you want a few other series suggestions, I'd recommend the following:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Claymore

Chrno Crusade

Monster

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Thanks for the recommendations. Been meaning to watch Claymore, and I absolutely love Haruhi, she is so eccentric, she makes it so much fun to watch the anime.
Little Busters has finally picked up the pace and i'm enjoying :biggrin:

Nice :smile: there is some crazy stuff coming up.
ep 21 of Magi was so so good, dungeons were much cooler than i thought :cool: the guy breaking down at the end :rofl2: nice ending :h: hope this anime goes on for a while, its so great :biggrin:

oh poo on some site it says its gona end on 25 eps wtf :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4296
Shinsekai Yori is definitely my favourite airing at the moment (next to Boku wa). I love Chihayafuru 2 as well but for some reason, I'm not finding it the same in terms of enjoyment as season 1 was. Still think it's an amazing series though.

By the way has anyone else ever seen/read Bokurano? No one seems to know about it :frown:
Reply 4297
Looking for some anime to watch. I haven't seen much, but watched Planets (which was really good) and CowboyBebop plus full metal alchemist (which was ok), most studio ghibli and probably a few others I've forgotten... :P

I'm going to sea for a few weeks with no internet access :O so I need to download a lot of stuffs to keep my sane

Manga I hate: Nauruto and One-peice - this kind of stuff where there is a stupid new boss every few episodes where the main character invents a new way of punching with a stupid name to win. I like character driven/plot driven stuff!

Any recommendations?
Reply 4298
Original post by Hanvyj
Looking for some anime to watch. I haven't seen much, but watched Planets (which was really good) and CowboyBebop plus full metal alchemist (which was ok), most studio ghibli and probably a few others I've forgotten... :P

I'm going to sea for a few weeks with no internet access :O so I need to download a lot of stuffs to keep my sane

Manga I hate: Nauruto and One-peice - this kind of stuff where there is a stupid new boss every few episodes where the main character invents a new way of punching with a stupid name to win. I like character driven/plot driven stuff!

Any recommendations?

Character/plot driven stuff is something I really enjoy too and I'm not too big on the typical shounen style of Naruto etc so I'll share some I loved and hope there's some you're interested in!

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Angel Beats, Bokurano, Mirai Nikki, Steins;Gate, Ano Hana, Another, Clannad (stick around for season 2, first series is okay but series 2 really becomes something beautiful), Code Geass, Madoka Magica (don't be fooled by the appearance this series is amazing), Mawaru Penguindrum, No.6 and Highschool of the Dead!

Hope there's some you like the look of in here, bear in mind I'm quite big on stories with a lot of sadness in so some of these get pretty depressing :tongue:
Original post by Onoderas
By the way has anyone else ever seen/read Bokurano? No one seems to know about it :frown:

Yep, great series, though a little depressing. One of my top 50 of all time. :yes:

Original post by Hanvyj

Based on the series you said you liked, I would recommend the following:

Monster

Denno Coil

Eureka Seven

Samurai Champloo

Outlaw Star

Hope something there takes your interest. :smile:

Latest