The Student Room Group

Am I being used for sex?

I'm not sure what to do. I've been on a break with my boyfriend for the passed month because we were in a long distance relationship that was not working anymore. We were together for 3 years and the relationship lost a lot of the spark. I've been seeing this guy for the passed month, and didn't want any from him apart from fun. He's the exact opposite from my ex boyfriend. He's not a gentleman at all, but I feel really attracted to him and I guess I like him because he's different and I guess a bit bad. I think he's just using me for sex as he's essentially admitted that, but here's the thing, I'm starting to fall fall for him :frown: I want to emotionally detach myself from him but its harder said than done. I think because he's always affectionate with me, I mistake that for him having feelings for me. I know deep down I'm another conquest :frown: I'm a confident person, and I feel I don't deserve this kind of treatment. I need help, what shall I do to get this guy out my system, should I end it?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure what to do. I've been on a break with my boyfriend for the passed month because we were in a long distance relationship that was not working anymore. We were together for 3 years and the relationship lost a lot of the spark. I've been seeing this guy for the passed month, and didn't want any from him apart from fun. He's the exact opposite from my ex boyfriend. He's not a gentleman at all, but I feel really attracted to him and I guess I like him because he's different and I guess a bit bad. I think he's just using me for sex as he's essentially admitted that, but here's the thing, I'm starting to fall fall for him :frown: I want to emotionally detach myself from him but its harder said than done. I think because he's always affectionate with me, I mistake that for him having feelings for me. I know deep down I'm another conquest :frown: I'm a confident person, and I feel I don't deserve this kind of treatment. I need help, what shall I do to get this guy out my system, should I end it?

Yes I would end it with this guy, especially if you are asking yourself that question, what about your ex have you officially broken up?
Ralationships are a calculation between sex and mind, do u like him enough to give in to his sexual urges?? otherwise drop him, works the same way for girls and man... lots of man get used as sex toys also hey .....
Reply 3
There's a simple solution. Just tell him you want an exclusive relationship. Then he will either say yes or run a mile. Problem solved.
Reply 4
If you're just a conquest to him, then he'll move on. You only wanted him for fun, and he only wanted you for fun. He kept his end of the bargain, so although he might be using you for sex, initially you were using him for sex too, he's like your rebound, and that's how it worked.
You sound like you wanted a bit of fun, but really you want a relationship. If you really think you'd enjoy being in a relationship with this new guy, then stick with it and see how it goes. if he moves on then it's over anyway. but since you said he's not a gentleman ect, you might not be really compatible with him on a long-term scale.
If I were in your position I'd probably feel sad and end it.

If you don't want to be with your LDR boyfriend, it would be better to end that now as well. You don't want to find someone else and then see your boyfriend and get confused over who you want to be with.

I'm sorry if all that feels a bit cold and heartless to you, you're the one feeling all the emotions! sometimes emotions will cloud your judgement and you'll make decisions that you'll later regret.
Reply 5
I think you must end it. This would be better. Make some more friends, engage yourself in some social activities. This may work.
Regards.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a confident person, and I feel I don't deserve this kind of treatment.

Would you be more deserving of this treatment if you were not confident?
Reply 7
[INDENT]
Original post by Yawn11
Would you be more deserving of this treatment if you were not confident?

I just feel like I'm not letting someone treat me like **** because I've got low self esteem, but I don't get why I'm letting him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending