The Student Room Group

Chem Eng with Medicine Personal Statement???

Hey so I met a medicine applicant who received an offer from Sheffield for Chem Eng as his Fifth choice.

He had a purely Medical Personal Statement, so i wanted to know if there are any other good universities that I could apply to for Chem Eng as my fifth choice with a Med Personal Statement?

Thanks in Advance :smile:
Reply 1
bumpdy bump bump
Reply 2
Is anyone out there??????
Reply 3
Original post by HaQ_mAn_
Is anyone out there??????

Hey there , What I suggest you do is to contact the unis you want to apply to for chem eng and explain to them your situation in terms of medicine...you do have a valid reason to put down a 5th choice cuz 1. medicine is EXTREMELY hard to get into 2. your 18 years old, your still making decisions about life, you might wake up today and wanna be a doctor and tomorrow maybe an astronaut...and admission officers will understand this...what i suggest you do is to have a personal statement for chem eng prepared and send it directly to the admissions officer , also in terms of schools i suggest you use UCAS ... hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lilmissA
Hey there , What I suggest you do is to contact the unis you want to apply to for chem eng and explain to them your situation in terms of medicine...you do have a valid reason to put down a 5th choice cuz 1. medicine is EXTREMELY hard to get into 2. your 18 years old, your still making decisions about life, you might wake up today and wanna be a doctor and tomorrow maybe an astronaut...and admission officers will understand this...what i suggest you do is to have a personal statement for chem eng prepared and send it directly to the admissions officer , also in terms of schools i suggest you use UCAS ... hope this helps :smile:

Send a chem eng personal statement directly to the uni? that an interesting idea, you they'll actually look at it?

Thanks for the reply :smile:
Reply 5
Send a chem eng personal statement directly to the uni? that an interesting idea, you they'll actually look at it?

Well theres only one way to find out right ? If your serious about it, i suggest calling up the schools and see for yourself, best of luck!
Reply 6

Most Universities will but ask the admission department before applying through UCAS. You just send it shortly after applying.
Reply 7
Original post by mucgoo
Most Universities will but ask the admission department before applying through UCAS. You just send it shortly after applying.

ok cool, thanks for the advice, i'll give that a try :smile:
Reply 8
Hey so I met a medicine applicant who received an offer from Sheffield for Chem Eng as his Fifth choice.

He had a purely Medical Personal Statement, so i wanted to know if there are any other good universities that I could apply to for Chem Eng as my fifth choice with a Med Personal Statement?

Thanks in Advance :smile:

I am living proof that this works! I contacted the admissions staff at Birmingham uni to see if they would allow me to apply with a medicine statement and they advised me to apply and then send an ALTERNATE chem eng related statement directly to the admissions staff by email. I then received an offer and I am happily studying chem eng at the second highest rated uni for chem eng! (Guardian 2013+2011).
You will want to email first just to let them know but explain that you have already applied for medicine and have suddenly decided to change.
Ask me anything else if you have more questions.

Quick Reply

Latest