The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

And plz stop with this "its 2013 bull****" the apartheid was only around 30 yrs ago and ppl are still as racist as ever so get out of ue lala lands.
Original post by Anonymous
And plz stop with this "its 2013 bull****" the apartheid was only around 30 yrs ago and ppl are still as racist as ever so get out of ue lala lands.

But it is 2013.

"Interracial relationships" is being bandied around as if it's some alien concept.

Humanity has dealt with all of that nonsense some time ago (at least advanced societies), so I can't see why some still feel the need to make a big deal out of it.
Interracial relationships - yay.

Anyway the guys I tend to fancy happen to be mixed race (half black half white). I don't fancy guys because they are mixed race, but coincidentally most of the guys I've ever fancied were mixed race.

Intercultural relationships - nay. I don't have anything against this, but I just wouldn't want to date someone from certain cultures. I would rather date a guy who was Westernised.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dragonfly07
I had a friend once who married outside of her race and it didn't work out (I met her at a refuge - she was abused by her husband and her family didn't help her because they didn't approve of the marriage in the first place). She told me to never date outside of my race because it never works with the families of the people involved.

If she could only see me now. :frown:

:lol: One bad interracial relationship doesn't mean that all interracial relationships are bad. What about relationships between people of the same race? Domestic violence occurs in those relationships as well.

What race was your friend? And what was the race of her husband?
Original post by Dee Leigh
:lol: One bad interracial relationship doesn't mean that all interracial relationships are bad. What about relationships between people of the same race? Domestic violence occurs in those relationships as well.

What race was your friend? And what was the race of her husband?

lol I know. She was African (zimbabwe) and he was Jewish.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Its that desperate is it? :tongue:

I am mixed race, so I'm fine with it. As for others, I don't care what other people do in their relationships, why is it any of your business? Consenting adults is all that matters.

Hear hear! :smile:
Original post by geetar
No, I'm very against them. I hate it when a person who runs the 100m dates a marathon runner - it makes me sick.

:rofl:
Original post by DudeJericho
Your biased against inter-racial relationships and yet you respect everyone's right of freedom? Suuuure..
Seriously though, if you're bright enough to be aware of the circumstances that led you to think like that, you'd have to ability to change that way of thinking too, but that's YOUR choice. Your up-bringing may have been the main factor originally but right now only you are upholding any beliefs that inter-racial relationships are somehow wrong.

Exactly.

I was raised in a family where interracial relationships are not seen as the 'norm' but I am aware of those beliefs and I don't choose to harbour those beliefs myself.
I had a friend once who married outside of her race and it didn't work out (I met her at a refuge - she was abused by her husband and her family didn't help her because they didn't approve of the marriage in the first place). She told me to never date outside of my race because it never works with the families of the people involved.

If she could only see me now. :frown:

Isn't she getting race and culture confused..? Two people raised in the same house by the same people in the same place at the same time have similar/the same culture, even if they're different races.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Yes its never an Oriental guy and a white girl. Only white guys with Oriental girls. There is a difference. All those half Chinese kids you mention, I bet they all have Chinese mothers and a white father.

Wait a second...does that mean my neighbours don't exist?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
As someone in an interracial relationship- yay! :smile:

But, seriously. Just be with whoever makes you happy. Why the hell would anything else matter? Except to ignorant people. But who cares about what they think?
Original post by Sheldor
Isn't she getting race and culture confused..? Two people raised in the same house by the same people in the same place at the same time have similar/the same culture, even if they're different races.

Most people of different races have different cultures.
Reply 91
Yes its never an Oriental guy and a white girl. Only white guys with Oriental girls. There is a difference. All those half Chinese kids you mention, I bet they all have Chinese mothers and a white father.

I'd happily take that bet.
Reply 92
Original post by Clip
I'd happily take that bet.

£20. Might as well just hand it over. :pierre:
Why would it ever be a nay?

(Or "neigh", as the Tesco burger would say.)
Reply 94
£20. Might as well just hand it over. :pierre:

Seriously? What are you saying here? There are no white girls going out with chinese dudes? It doesn't actually happen?

Meh, not necessarily in the UK. I'm black british, and I'd say I'm culturally similar to all my white friends from similar incomes, although maybe different heritage/ancestors if that's what you mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
I'm white and my 'type' (as far as it exists) is mixed race, so I guess yay. How is this even considered and issue nowadays?
Reply 97
Original post by Clip
Seriously? What are you saying here? There are no white girls going out with chinese dudes? It doesn't actually happen?

You might be able to find some in the media but in terms of every day people you would be hard pressed to find such a couple. Like I said I have yet to see an Oriental guy-white girl couple myself.
Reply 98

The country that one is born/raised in has a FAR higher impact on culture than race.
Reply 99
You might be able to find some in the media but in terms of every day people you would be hard pressed to find such a couple. Like I said I have yet to see an Oriental guy-white girl couple myself.

One was pointed out a few posts above in this very same thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending