The Student Room Group

How far away did you/are you moving away for Uni

Scroll to see replies

30 miles away.
So not far but it's nice. I am living away independently from my parents and can enjoy that side of uni life, but can go home whenever I want, even if it's just for one night.
175 miles away to Cumbria. Some of the above distances make me realise that I'm indeed not that far away from home, yet it feels like another world up here, let alone just another part of the country!
Reply 22
1,800 miles away. That's quite a distance isn't it? :smile:
Reply 23
Wow, loads of people are moving so far away, i'm only going about an hour and a half drive away. My mum's already stressing out over that, think she'd have a heart attack if I went any further! haha Would have loved to have moved further away though lol
Original post by Melissa.S.
Wow, loads of people are moving so far away, i'm only going about an hour and a half drive away. My mum's already stressing out over that, think she'd have a heart attack if I went any further! haha Would have loved to have moved further away though lol

Oh, don't worry, it can be quite nice to be at college near parent(s). Also very useful in different ways. :wink:
Over 500 miles if I get my firm, just 80 miles if I get my insurance.
Original post by de_monies
Universities are very liberal environments. You'll have no issue at all wherever you go :smile:

thanks for the info :smile:
Original post by IlluminatedRain
If I meet my Glasgow offer, I'll be moving 1127 km. If I stay in Sweden, I'll be four or five hours away from home.

hej Svenson :wink:
Only 80 miles. Wish it could of been more.
Original post by franny07
1,800 miles away. That's quite a distance isn't it? :smile:

wow yes it is, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun though :smile: I think moving a big distance seems quite exciting.
Reply 30
Cambridge to London for me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I'll be moving from Istanbul, Turkey to UK hopefully. I've never been to the UK before but I can't wait to go since getting to study abroad has been a long term goal/dream of mine.
Reply 32
I thought moving 400km to Glasgow was a big move, but most people came from further away and it didn't feel like too much of an adventure...
from halifax to stoke-on trent,2 hours!!! not far
i am not moving anywhere, hopefully my university will be a few miles away lol
Reply 35
Didn't even think of distance miles-wise (just time), so I just googled it.

If I go Sheffield it's 160 miles away (from London)
If I go Warwick it's 100 miles away

I'm getting homesick just thinking about it :eek:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
10 miles if i get a london uni or about 140 miles if i get any other i applied to
Reply 37
200+ miles from Devon to Surrey. The drive takes about 4hours each way.
Hampshire to Durham, a cheeky 300 mile journey- should stop the family being tempted to pop in as and when they please
Reply 39
I'll be moving from Sheffield to Manchester, so not that far at all! I always imagined I'd go further, but I can't afford to live in London and I want to live in a big cosmopolitan city so there wasn't many other options.

Quick Reply

Latest