The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham post application days 2013

Heyho all! Didn't think there was a thread already in existence so I thought I would make one myself.

Basically, I'm all excited for the post application days in March, and I imagine many other people are too. It makes sense if there was somewhere for people to chat about it without clogging up applicant threads.

So, feel free to chat about it here! I think it would be good to post your allocated college and chosen course, what days you are going, what you want to get out of it and what not.

For example: I'm going on the 19th/2th, and my 18th birthday is the 15th, so I'd love to be able to get some drinks in (legally) with some applicants I have met. Sounds a bit sad I know, but I'd love it!

Anyway, any thoughts, just jot them below :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Boro123
Heyho all! Didn't think there was a thread already in existence so I thought I would make one myself.

Basically, I'm all excited for the post application days in March, and I imagine many other people are too. It makes sense if there was somewhere for people to chat about it without clogging up applicant threads.

So, feel free to chat about it here! I think it would be good to post your allocated college and chosen course, what days you are going, what you want to get out of it and what not.

For example: I'm going on the 19th/2th, and my 18th birthday is the 15th, so I'd love to be able to get some drinks in (legally) with some applicants I have met. Sounds a bit sad I know, but I'd love it!

Anyway, any thoughts, just jot them below :smile:

Hello there :biggrin: going on the 19th/20th. Hatfield. Anthropology and archaeology.

What college are you at?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by megmaria
Hello there :biggrin: going on the 19th/20th. Hatfield. Anthropology and archaeology.

What college are you at?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Nice one! Psychology, kind of related :smile:
Reply 3
Anyone going to be at Grey College for the Open Days? Going to be so alone :frown:
Also, how far are people coming from??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hatfield, 19th and 20th and Law with foundation.

Few drinks will be nice :smile:.
Reply 5
I'm going on the 18th and 19th. Castle - Combined Honours in Social Science :smile: Travelling 5 hours by train! Anyone else going to Castle?
Original post by yarnstew
Anyone going to be at Grey College for the Open Days? Going to be so alone :frown:
Also, how far are people coming from??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to Grey on 18th/19th for combined arts :smile: how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
19th and 20th for me, St Cuths for Biomedical Science with foundation year.

Cuths. Anybody? No? Cuths
Reply 8
Original post by Butterfly9595
I'm going to Grey on 18th/19th for combined arts :smile: how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The same. But for languages obviously! I have to go up on the Sunday though because I live so far away :frown: Can't wait for the Open Day! So excited!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The same. But for languages obviously! I have to go up on the Sunday though because I live so far away :frown: Can't wait for the Open Day! So excited!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm doing English, German, Spanish as my combination so ill probs see you at the languages stuff then! Whereabouts are you coming from? And me too - bit nervous but sure it will be amazing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ah I'm doing English, German, Spanish as my combination so ill probs see you at the languages stuff then! Whereabouts are you coming from? And me too - bit nervous but sure it will be amazing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm coming from West Wiltshire, so about 6-7 hours drive :/ Well I might change to do Italian Beginners as well if I get in, I haven't decided. There is some flexibility I believe.
Where are you coming from? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm coming from West Wiltshire, so about 6-7 hours drive :/ Well I might change to do Italian Beginners as well if I get in, I haven't decided. There is some flexibility I believe.
Where are you coming from? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm coming from Hertfordshire but by train which means I have to go via London -_- so about 4 hours- not nearly as bad but hoping I'm gonna get there on time! What languages are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I'm coming from Hertfordshire but by train which means I have to go via London -_- so about 4 hours- not nearly as bad but hoping I'm gonna get there on time! What languages are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no! That must be annoying! Well I'm lucky coz my dad is going to drive me up on Sunday so it makes it easier for him. It means that I'll be in Durham to look around the day before a bit as well...
I've applied for French and Spanish, and I'm doing both at Higher Level IB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Dead chuffed with the response to the thread, thanks guys! Loving how random people are meeting through similarities that didn't exist until these post-app days.
To continue the trend, I applied to Trevelayan and am over the moon to get a place there. I won't winge about travelling because I'm from Middlesbrough, toting a less than impressive 30 minute drive to campus. On the plus side, at least all you train goers will get to meet with reps at the station :smile:
Hi All,

I am one of the open day reps for my college (St Chad's) for the coming open days. If anyone has any questions about colleges, the open days or subjects (I study Education and Philosophy) feel free to ask away.

A word of advice...throw yourself into whatever you college has put on for you. If it was half as good as mine was, you will have so much fun! You may ever run meet your future best friends there.
Reply 15
At the risk of sounding completely stupid I keep wondering how they're doing this whole staying overnight thing! What about the students that usually occupy the beds? There must be LOADS of people coming for the post application days, how do they fit us all in?!

I'm in Hatfield on the 18th/19th - nervous but excited :biggrin:
Original post by laauurraa
At the risk of sounding completely stupid I keep wondering how they're doing this whole staying overnight thing! What about the students that usually occupy the beds? There must be LOADS of people coming for the post application days, how do they fit us all in?!

I'm in Hatfield on the 18th/19th - nervous but excited :biggrin:

I was thinking exactly the same! I think it's their Easter holidays by then but I'm not sure...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Rooster523
19th and 20th for me, St Cuths for Biomedical Science with foundation year.

Cuths. Anybody? No? Cuths

Yes, I am! 19th and 20th for biological sciences. Travelling up from surrey so quite a journey for me.... But I'm sure it'll be worth it :smile:
I was thinking exactly the same! I think it's their Easter holidays by then but I'm not sure...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Epithany term ends this Friday and so apart from the freps, the student reps who are there to look after you guys, everyone is on holiday.

Big tip for post application open days: get involved! Don't limit yourself to chatting to a few people really engage with the freps and find out whether Durham and your college is right for you.

Each college has its own unique culture and unlike other universities most of your friends will be from your college.

Finally enjoy it the the post application days are over before you know it!

Source of knowledge: Second Year Hatfielder.
Original post by Curly2349
Yes, I am! 19th and 20th for biological sciences. Travelling up from surrey so quite a journey for me.... But I'm sure it'll be worth it :smile:

Finally, someone going to Cuths!

I'm heading up from Hampshire so it's a long train journey for me too...as long as it's not freezing cold up north I'll be happy! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest