The Student Room Group

Uni to Gym - What to wear?

I go to the gym 5days a week and there is one day in the week that i have to go to the gym straight after uni or i wont get a work out.

I have been carrying my gym clothes around with me on that day but its a hassle lugging around a bag with my uni files and another one with my gym clothes. So i was wondering if i should wear my gym outfit to uni and then go straight into gym to avoid carrying two bags and the hassle of getting changed when i do get there.

Question is what and how should i wear my clothes to avoid looking like a total slob?

Does anyone else do this?
If you go every day can't you leave clothes at the gym the day before then take them home with you? Or get a bigger bag that holds both your uni work and gym clothes, do you need all of the uni files you take with you that day or would a smaller folder and a pad of paper suffice and sort it out when you get home.
Reply 2
Original post by parpirate
If you go every day can't you leave clothes at the gym the day before then take them home with you? Or get a bigger bag that holds both your uni work and gym clothes, do you need all of the uni files you take with you that day or would a smaller folder and a pad of paper suffice and sort it out when you get home.

I need my folder as im in lectures from 10am till 6pm so i have plenty of lectures during that time- Its a long day. A bigger bag wouldnt be practical as i wpuld cripple under the weight.

I could try to leave my gym clothes in the gym- I'll ask about that.

I just wanted to know what i could wear to uni and transfer to the gym without looking like a chav lol
Reply 3
Guess it depends what you wear to the gym. I used to go straight from college to the gym and so for the day id wear my joggers,vans/converse/whatever (I'd carry my gym trainers with me as I didn't like to wear them all day myself) and a hoodie,with my gym top underneath.

It's kind of impossible to not look a bit chavvy wearing sportswear out and about,but ah well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pinksoh
I need my folder as im in lectures from 10am till 6pm so i have plenty of lectures during that time- Its a long day. A bigger bag wouldnt be practical as i wpuld cripple under the weight.

I could try to leave my gym clothes in the gym- I'll ask about that.

I just wanted to know what i could wear to uni and transfer to the gym without looking like a chav lol

What I meant was do you actually need everything that's in the folder? For example I get given handouts in each lecture which I'll either write notes on them or on separate paper but I'm not going to need to carry around the notes from the previous week so I would leave those at home then add the new ones to the ones at home.

If you're only going to lectures and not doing work in between lectures then I see no reason why everything won't fit in one bag. I can fit an entire semesters worth of notes and a laptop in my bag and still have plenty of space for random stuff. Not sure how you'd cripple under the weight if you're managing to carry the same weight in two bags at the moment, if anything it'll be easier.

You could just wear t-shirt, jogging bottoms with shorts underneath and trainers, that's pretty standard student wear anyway even for people not going the gym.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Why don't you just wear joggers and a hoodie or something? Especially if you're in Uni all day and don't want to carry a lot of stuff…

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leggings, vest and hoody/baggy cardigan; if you're typically girly then maybe add a long necklace and some rings or something. You could always spend a little extra time on your hair/makeup if you're worried about looking slobby during university, but seems a little pointless if you're just gonna be heading to the gym.

PS: Totes not suggesting the wearer keeps the jewellery or cardi on when at the gym... :pierre:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Yeah i have started wearing a hoodie- vest top or t-shirt, joggers and pumps. I carry my trainers with me as i run on the treadmills and heard wearing pumps is not advisable.

I dont mind as much now- Reckon im allowed to look slightly dishevelled one day a week :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest